HAJJ

Discussion on R&R from all regions
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

mazharshah wrote: I have no problem with genuine farman of Imam. Noor is present evey where and in each particle, but Imam's physical body is not present. Remove the 2 photographs on L/R BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IN NOOR AND NOT IN PHOTOS. .
On the contrary I think we should have photos at the front. There has been discussion about the importance of photos at:

Picture Worship
http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... 68&start=0

Please go through the thread and you may make your comments there.
mazharshah wrote: Ismails are allergic with Bukhari and Abu Hurraira, what about Ma'iraj did Prophet asked Muslims not to attempt, Ma'iraj is difficult and hard task. Should a momin stay away from achieving Ma'iraj, and do not follow model or uswaa i hasanah of Prophet..
I had said that we should not follow what the Prophet does but follow what he tells us. In the case of Meraj we should do it because the Imams have told us to try to achieve Meraj (not the Buraq one!!) which is the purpose of our life. We try to achive Meraj not because we are following the model but because we are told to achieve it.
mazharshah wrote: You are good at twisting the meaning of ginans but I take the literal meaning of words. I wish Admin should allow analytical study of ginans, by the way ginans are not Quran..
Ginans are allegorical and can have many layers of meaning. In this particular case I was just trying to highlight the fact that we should not consider one verse in isolation but consider all verses. On Quran and Ginans, there is discussion at:
http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=1479
mazharshah wrote: You are right Shariyah is explained in farmans but Ismailis are scared of word Shariyah, they hesitate and shy to use word namaz instead they use the word prayer.
I don't think Ismailis are shy of Namaz. They have Idd Namaz twice a year!
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.:
We Ismailis follow what Mhi orders not aasya kyu n waisa kyu.nobody got the time n inclination was ignorant observed externally of an entity.
All are destinated to the ruins in periods to come
Ouri s that I challenge n deepest conviction that is a LIVING FAITH n all other are dead religions stuck into wordings,rituals & symbols of past era,which many do not reconcile n accept from their educated status of today.
We do have some acts n at funeral a word used for other than the word Dua,there is mention of this word in holy book n no mention of the word Nxxxx.
Why should one bother to say that word.
Before Islam all prayed to some symbols, idols etc,so an annual ritual was ordained to perform around a structure called Kaaba.a balancing act for transformation.
As there were trade fair like today's time it was strategic tool to preach by calling act of ritual once a year, it was killing two birds with one stone.
Geo politics n circumstances must understood to get to some reason.
I see circling around a stone n going to a tomb as a mild act of idolatry, which is prohibited in the HB.
Now with internet n cable TV.same act of preaching can be done without blowing up billion of dollars.
Everything evolve so does ritual which could be less meaningful in today's world.
A farman of Imam SMS that to ignore the barking of zahiris (non believers).
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Rare Video: A Glimpse of the Hajj from 61 Years Ago, With Footage of Mata Salamat, the Begum Aga Khan

http://simerg.com/2015/11/26/rare-video ... -aga-khan/
mazharshah

Post by mazharshah »

kmaherali wrote:
mazharshah wrote: I have no problem with genuine farman of Imam. Noor is present evey where and in each particle, but Imam's physical body is not present. Remove the 2 photographs on L/R BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IN NOOR AND NOT IN PHOTOS. .
On the contrary I think we should have photos at the front.

Sir, instead of physical photos of Imam in JK's, why not ITREB arrange divine image that is real photo of NOOR in front that will increase the attendance of JK. LOVE AND RESPECT IS IN HEART AND SOUL.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
This non Ismaili living creature is like dust,a person without faith. Dust have ability to pollute clean environment.
We address our giryazari NOT AT ALL to Ya Noor Ya Noor.but to the holder,bearer and remitter of NOOR that is ALI and present MHI.
There a hadith which say
TO SEE THR FACE OF ALI WORSHIP.
Till his image is not stamped in heart of Momin there should be life size photos of MHI ij Jk.
I feel reduction one dual and just reciting tasbih of few words n looking at his photo is MORE than enough.
If seeing his face is prayers than why move hand n body at all.
I only pray tasbih in front of his Smiling face.which in turn bring smile on my face,indeed that a live blessing.
There should photos in front,sides,n back at 6-20 in each JK.
There is no external light in ibaadat at higher level one has to see n feel that image in its heart.
In all nursery school class rooms have colourful craft n images of lovable characters.( basic education acts)

You do not see that in college( advance acts).
I feel every human if he has MHI image as wallpaper in its mobile fone will blessed.
That time will also come.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

mazharshah wrote:Sir, instead of physical photos of Imam in JK's, why not ITREB arrange divine image that is real photo of NOOR in front that will increase the attendance of JK. LOVE AND RESPECT IS IN HEART AND SOUL.
You have been provided with the link for the discussion. Why don't you post there?

Picture Worship
http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... 68&start=0
mazharshah

Post by mazharshah »

nuseri wrote:Ya Ali Madad.
This non Ismaili living creature is like dust,a person without faith. Dust have ability to pollute clean environment.
We address our giryazari NOT AT ALL to Ya Noor Ya Noor.but to the holder,bearer and remitter of NOOR that is ALI and present MHI.
There a hadith which say
Till his image is not stamped in heart of Momin there should be life size photos of MHI ij Jk.
I feel reduction one dual and just reciting tasbih of few words n looking at his photo is MORE than enough.
I only pray tasbih in front of his Smiling face.which in turn bring smile on my face,indeed that a live blessing.
There is no external light in ibaadat at higher level one has to see n feel that image in its heart.
In all nursery school class rooms have colourful craft n images of lovable characters.( basic education acts)

I feel every human if he has MHI image as wallpaper in its mobile fone will blessed.
mazharshah

Post by mazharshah »

There a hadith which say

You are made of dust Mr brainless intellectual polluter. Divine image of Imam is always stamped in hearts of momins where ever they are. In Farsi it is said;

DAST BI KAAR - DIL BI YAAR.

Regarding smile Hazar Imam said," It is blessing from Allah"
In mostly JK's there are photos of Imam when he was young, now he is aging 78 years old. Do you think 50 years back Noor was young now aging.
We should have feeling of Noor every second and it has nothing to do with photos. Photo of Shah Karim is different than photo of MSMS and photo of Shah Ali Shah was different than photo of MSMS.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali madad:
For few ismaiis He is an imam and for majority of haqiqatis he is God.
So the photo of Mhi is very much needed .age does not matter. Mhi photos have changed with his age,now we have a golden jubilee time photo.
New Imam then new photo.we are a living faith to see Image of living Teacher, father ,god is a beauty and blessing by it self.
I am working on strategy at least fair percentage of mobile on earth have Mhi image on it.
In the world of peril n despair,I am very very sure it will bring some ease of hardship to them.
I have experimented how his photo n name ALI have effect on few Hindus,Christian n a Shariati in my area.
The unblessed world will SEE what the blessed have it with them,an image n name of the living and no dead stories and books.
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

In Ismailism: the real truth is photos of any Imams are not important and necessary but only "Noor" in imams is the important thing.
Here in USA you can not find photos in any JKs, may be back or side wall but not in front behind where Mukhi/kamadias are siting.
camera are just invented may be 175 years ago what Ismailis were doing for imam's photos when camera was not invented?
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
We have Mhi photos one each of modest size on left and right only.not on front n back.
Seeing face of ALI is worship.
You n living creature friend are no entity to deny the Jamat that grace n blessing.
Read human psycology on effect of images.Noor is contained with its owner n remitter.
In a jungle there is picture of snakes as warning not picture of poison.It is common sense of school student that snakes in jungle are bearer n stinger of deadly poison.
One has to be careful of snakes in jungles n search for poison in the jungle.
I feel ashamed to stoop to level 3 now n then to give baby level examples.
mazharshah

Post by mazharshah »

We have Mhi photos one each of modest size on left and right only.not on front n back.
Seeing face of ALI is worship.
You n living creature friend are no entity to deny the Jamat that grace n blessing.
Read human psycology on effect of images.Noor is contained with its owner n remitter.
In a jungle there is picture of snakes as warning not picture of poison.It is common sense of school student that snakes in jungle are bearer n stinger of deadly poison.
One has to be careful of snakes in jungles n search for poison in the jungle.
I feel ashamed to stoop to level 3 now n then to give baby level examples.

Photos are like shadows, but noor has no shadow. At time of Mowla Ali were there any photos hanging on walls of masjids in kufa or Medina. We Ismaili do not believe in Icons, statues or photos. Love and affection is in heart n soul. During bandagi we concentrate on Bol or attribute name of Allah and not on photo. Pirs have not prescribed photo formula.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali madad:
A classic case of ignorance.
As explained in my earlier post. In his speech on surah Noor. Mhi said the word understanding (intellect).
Can anybody put photo of that.
Intellect with ability to speak out can ONLY ONLY be absolutely sourced to a human being,
not any star,idol,cube piece, reef in ocean or sun,.
That is a simple common sense.
Photos were painted by royal palace painters are seen from last 500 year.
Low end level perceive the writing as implied noor ,so walls are full of Calligraphy of ayats in misques even on ceiling.
It is good tohave a static image of Noor in word,better is the real voice of Noor ( farman)
Best is both the voice n face of Noor.( only Ismailis are blessed in this )
I strongly feel hearing n reading of farman with photo in sight has same maybe more blessing than moving body with holy word.
Almost all shariati houses,business,mosque have pictures of lifeless monument of Kaaba,
Medina masjid,mazaar of favourite pirs,auliya(Ajmer Sharif)and also have graceful calligraphy of Ayats to remind them of God.
I feel last one is good may relate to a facets of implied Noor in expression
They are all 80% dargah or monument parast.
No less than savage tribes seen in Africa and south America.
Photograph, painting in Jk ,mosque,churches,home is to remind one of God and its presence out of respect n belief in those images n words.
I feel sorry for the effect of curse on this living creature.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Back to the subject of the thread....

November 26th, 2015 9:55

Why Makkah and Medina should become autonomous

There is a growing movement that is demanding that Makkah and Medina become autonomous (like the Vatican) and therefore in effect removing the vice like grip of certain Saudi clerics who are part of ‘the cell’ working for a ‘greater Sunni region’.

The absolute rulers of Saudi Arabia have long claimed to hold a monopoly over Islam’s divine attributes on account of geography. The kingdom is home to the holy cities of Mecca and Medina. However, the House of Saud could soon see its “custodianship” and self-proclaimed legitimacy over the Muslim world stripped away.

The House of Saud continues to imagine itself almighty and all-powerful, the leaders of a religious community whose only purpose seems to be to command absolute obedience to their diktat. Muslims have grown tired of such absolutism, especially since it has been tainted by sectarianism and ethnic profiling.

Only this year, Yemenis were barred from the Hajj. Those sites which God stamped holy, Al Saud has claimed ownership over – as if the divine was yet another commodity to squeeze a profit out of, to be belittled and forced into submission.

Earlier this September, Sheikh Salman Mohammad, adviser to Egypt’s Ministry of Endowment, broke his office’s tacit rule of silence by challenging King Salman’s religious legitimacy. He said: “Many mistakes have been made during the Hajj ceremony in recent decades and the bloody incident on Friday was not the first case and will not be the last either; therefore, unless a revolution doesn’t take place in the administration and management of the Hajj ceremony in Saudi Arabia, we will witness such incidents in future, too.”

Professor Ashraf Fahmi of Egypt’s Al-Azhar University, which is associated with the influential Al-Azhar Mosque, an institution kept under the financial and ideological thumb of Wahhabi Saudi Arabia, also broke with tradition when he aligned his criticism to that of Grand Ayatollah Ja’far Sobhani, a prominent Shia cleric based in Qom (Iran). Fahmi demanded that Saudi Arabia “admit its mistakes” in managing the Hajj pilgrimage. LINK

Interestingly there was a Turkish proposal to convert Makkah and Medina to an autonomous region (like the Vatican). Here is an excerpt from a US cable from its embassy in Ankara:

Bedreddin Habiboglu has proven himself an extremely insightful contact on Islam and the Islamic landscape in Turkey. Habiboglu is the son of the late Ziya Habiboglu, one of Turkey’s most revered Islamic thinkers of the second half of the 20th century, and a man who — according to Bedreddin — had extraordinary access to the inner circles of the House of Saud and to Saudi Arabia’s leading theologians.

Habiboglu says he needs $8mm-$10mm to bring the concept to fruition (for travel to most OIC countries and several offices in key countries to lobby and coordinate), and looks to the USG for financial support. He estimates the project would take one year-18 months to complete. He is determined to press ahead and says he will propose the idea to others, including the Russians, if we turn it down. Created: 2004-08-11 15:33:00 LINK

Perhaps it is time for the Islamic World to hold the Saudis accountable for omissions and commissions relating to the mismanagement of Makkah and Medina and to relinquish control of these cities so that it can be truly autonomous where all Muslims can visit without the ‘diktats’ of certain Saudi clerics.

An unnamed source has said that there is a reasonable possibility that the Saudi Royal Family’s control over Islam’s two holiest cities will come to be openly challenged by a coup brewing in the Kingdom; promoted by disaffected princes whose powers continue to be ‘reduced’ literally on a monthly basis. The clerics appear to be now in control of ‘managing home affairs’.

And guess which countries support this country?

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/markulyseas/m ... s/?ref=yfp
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

nuseri wrote:U still have 4 question on kavi Rumi.
I have answered in the thread about Rumi. Please go there in the People Section.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Death Toll From Hajj Stampede Reaches 2,411 in New Estimate

The estimated death toll from a stampede at the hajj three months ago surpassed 2,400 on Thursday, widening the gap with Saudi Arabia’s publicly announced figure and raising new concerns about why the kingdom has not yet reported its own inquest into the disaster.

The latest figure, 2,411, reported by The Associated Press, was based on what the agency described as its updated compilation from state news reports and official remarks from 36 of the more than 180 countries where pilgrims had traveled from. If confirmed, the toll would make the stampede the worst in the history of the hajj, the annual five-day pilgrimage that Muslims aspire to complete at least once.

The A.P. and other global news agencies, including Reuters and Agence France-Presse, have been periodically increasing their estimated death tolls since the Sept. 24 stampede, based on the same general methodologies of compiling official figures from the victims’ home countries.

The Saudis, by contrast, have asserted almost from the beginning that 769 pilgrims died in the stampede, which took place about three miles east of Mecca, when crowds became trapped on narrow streets. While the Saudi king, Salman, ordered an immediate investigation, there has been no update on its progress.

Nor has there been any clarity from the Saudis regarding the initial contradictory accounts of what happened. Some officials at first appeared to blame the victims saying they did not follow instructions, but witnesses described exits closed inexplicably that might have induced a panic.

A virtual news blackout on the disaster has prevailed in Saudi Arabia’s news media since.

The king’s presumed successor, Crown Prince Mohammad bin Nayaf, is head of the Interior Ministry, which oversees the hajj. The finding of any negligence could cast aspersions on him.

Political experts and historians have attributed the Saudi response to the ruling family’s sensitivity over its self-appointed role as the guardian of the holiest sites in Islam, as well as its enormous investments to accommodate millions of religious tourists.

“It is deeply embarrassing for the Saudis to acknowledge that they mishandled the hajj arrangements since King Salman’s formal title is ‘the custodian of the two holy mosques,’ ” said Bruce O. Riedel, of the Brookings Institution. “Their competency is in question.”

Nearly all of the victims were from countries in the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Iran, Saudi Arabia’s regional rival, is believed to have lost at least 464 pilgrims, the most of any country, and the disaster has constituted a major new irritant in the countries’ relationship. Others with casualties exceeding 100 include Mali, Nigeria, Egypt, Bangladesh and Pakistan, according to The A.P. and other estimates.

Jon Gambrell, the Dubai-based A.P. correspondent who reported the latest tally, said by telephone that the toll was derived from state news reports and data from officials of the home countries.

“It was a mix of us calling sources and relying on official media,” he said. “The Saudis haven’t said anything — they say their investigation is ongoing.”

Saudi officials in Riyadh, the capital, could not be reached for comment. A spokesman for the Saudi Embassy in Washington declined to comment.

Toby C. Jones, a professor of Middle Eastern history at Rutgers, said he was not surprised at the Saudi reluctance to give information on what could be a catastrophic case of negligence.

“They want to say it’s a technical problem, that order broke down because the victims were unruly,” Mr. Jones said. “But what if the opposite were true — that the Saudis haven’t created a safe environment for the hajj? For the Saudis to be open and honest about what happened would require them to admit it’s not a technical problem at all.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/world ... d=71987722
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Pilgrimage: A 21st-Century Journey to Mecca and Medina

JULY 21, 2016
An image of Mecca from the virtual reality film, “Pilgrimage.”Credit Luca Locatelli/Institute, for The New York Times

The Times has produced a virtual reality film from Mecca and Medina, Islam’s holy cities. To view it, download the NYT VR app on your mobile device if you don’t already have it. (Go here for Android, and here for iPhone.)

In February 2016, the photographer Luca Locatelli traveled to Mecca during umrah, a minor pilgrimage that can be made for much of the year. He received permission from the Saudi Arabian authorities to document the trip.

The author Basharat Peer wrote about Mr. Locatelli’s photographs for The New York Times Magazine in June, in a piece called “Mecca Goes Mega” that focused on the building boom transforming the sacred city’s center.
Continue reading the main story

Mr. Locatelli, an Italian who was raised Catholic, gained entry to Mecca through his marriage to an Indonesian Muslim, which included a ceremonial conversion, Mr. Peer wrote.

“In his striking images, you can see experiences shared by pilgrims everywhere as well as the mix of crass commercialism and genuine faith common among holy sites across religions,” Mr. Peer wrote.

He also noted that when Mr. Locatelli first arrived in Mecca, he was anxious about his outsider status.

But, Mr. Locatelli told Mr. Peer, “Mecca was truly peaceful. My fear melted away within days.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/22/world ... d=71987722

Mecca Goes Mega

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/12/magaz ... -mega.html
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

How One of the Deadliest Hajj Accidents Unfolded

A survivor's story of how he was almost crushed to death at the 2015 hajj in Mecca, Saudi Arabia.

On Sept. 24, 2015, hundreds, maybe thousands, of pilgrims were crushed to death at the hajj in Mecca.

Rashid Siddiqui survived.
This is his story of that day.

“I’m dying.

I’m dying. I need water.”

Rashid Siddiqui kept hearing those words from his fellow Muslim pilgrims lying mangled on the ground in 118-degree heat, under a searing Saudi sun. Barefoot, topless and dazed, Mr. Siddiqui had somehow escaped being crushed by the surging crowd.

It was Sept. 24, 2015, the third morning of the hajj, the annual five-day pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, by millions of Muslims from around the world. By some estimates, it was the deadliest day in hajj history and one of the worst accidents in the world in decades.

An American from Atlanta, Mr. Siddiqui, 42, had been walking through a sprawling valley of tens of thousands of pilgrim tents. His destination: Jamarat Bridge, where pilgrims throw pebbles at three large pillars in a ritual symbolizing the stoning of the devil.

He was less than a mile from the bridge when the crush began.

More....
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016 ... d=71987722
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

What Muslims Do on Hajj, and Why

JIDDA, Saudi Arabia — It is incumbent upon every able-bodied Muslim who can afford to do so to travel to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, Islam’s holiest site, at least once in his or her lifetime. The annual pilgrimage is known as the hajj, and it is one of the five pillars of Islam, prescribed in the Quran:

And proclaim to mankind the hajj. They will come to you on foot, on very lean camel, they will come from every deep and distant mountain highway.

This year, 1437 according to the Islamic calendar, I am making my first hajj. I will be joining two million Muslims from around the world — though the writer Abu Muneer Ismail Davids joked that it may feel more like 10 million people. During the hajj, we must not swear, cut our hair or nails, have sex or crush a plant.

I will be chronicling my journey for The New York Times and on social media. To better follow along, here’s a glossary of terms, names and places that help explain the rites and rituals Muslims will participate in during the six days of the hajj, which begins Saturday.

More...
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/09/world ... d=71987722
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Hajj Prep: Search Soul, Buy Sturdy Shoes, Pay the Dentist

JIDDA, Saudi Arabia — My father was on the phone from Australia, giving gravely voiced advice on preparing for the hajj, the annual Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca.

“Have you paid the dentist?” he asked.

“He ruined my teeth!” I shrieked.

“No matter, Baba,” he said, using an Arabic endearment. “This is the hajj. You have to clear your debts, even if you don’t think they are fair.”

The hajj is a five-day pilgrimage of centuries-old rites that honor a birth story of Islam, a trek every Muslim is supposed to undertake at least once. It is a spiritual as well as physical journey, and requires preparations in both spheres.

So I had to buy new shoes suitable for long days of walking and safe to wear in surging crowds. I was supposed to seek the forgiveness of anyone I have wronged — and forgive everybody who had wronged me. And I had to clear my debts.

More...
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/10/world ... d=71987722
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

I have noticed that Eid Namaz which is recited in India, Pakistan, and Middle East id different than what is recited in Europe, USA, Canada, and African countries where Ismailis live. When Imam is one, Tariqa is one then why is this difference? Also same problem with Janaza Namaz. In late 70's Imam gave new Fatimi Tariqa Eid Namaz and Janaza Namaz for all Ismailis all over world, but I learnt African Ismailis till today have not adopted these Namazs and are cling to old Tariqa which was given by MSMS. When Hidayat is changed by present Imam why are these people not willing to change. Also in western countries they forward a 7/8 to 12/13 years old boy to do Imamat of Eid Namaz making scores of mistakes in reciting Namaz!!!
Admin

Post by Admin »

What is your purpose on always trying to denigrate and insults Ismailis, their belief and their practices?

This thread is on Hajj, not on Namaz. Anything you post unrelated to Hajj will be deleted.

As I said, please ask someone who knows how computers work and how a search work, to show you how to search for the proper subject while posting. Thanks you.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote: Also in western countries they forward a 7/8 to 12/13 years old boy to do Imamat of Eid Namaz making scores of mistakes in reciting Namaz!!!
If you are not an Ismaili as you have indicated in the other thread, what is the purpose for asking this question. How does it concern you?Ismailism is a diversity:

"Within the Ummah, the Ismaili Jamat reflects much of the same pluralism."(Salamieh, Syria Saturday, November 10, 2001 )

The appropriate thread using simple search for Namaz/Salat is:

Namaz
http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... ight=namaz salat&start=0
mahebubchatur

Eid Al Adha

Post by mahebubchatur »

Id al-Adha – is the day which marks when Prophet Abraham sacrificed his son Ismail by the command of God. The literal story as related in the Qur’an (Surah 37) describes how Abraham saw in a vision that God ordered him to sacrifice his only son and as Abraham was about to slaughter his son Ismail, God miraculously replaced Ismail with a “momentous sacrifice” – which Muslim tradition identifies with a ram.

For Ismaili Muslims, this story of Abraham’s sacrifice of Ismail and Ismail’s replacement with a “momentous sacrifice” holds an esoteric meaning (ta’wil) which is the reality (haqiqah) of the entire story. According to the holy Qur’an (2:124), Hazrat Abraham was the Imam of the time appointed by God and this Imamah continues by divine appointment in Abraham’s progeny. “Sacrifice” means to “make sacred”. The Imam who bears the weight of the Imamat has sacrificed his entire life, soul and being in the perpetual service of God and humankind and this is the ultimate spiritual sacrifice.

Thus, the divine command for Abraham to SACRIFICE Ismail does not mean to sacrifice him physically but TO APPOINT ISMAIL as the successor to the IMAMAT after him. So when the holy Qur'an says:

“And We substituted him with a momentous (azim) sacrifice.” [37:107]

This means that Abraham THEN APPOINTED his second son Isaac to the Imamat to share the burden of Imamat with Ismail. Thus Abraham’s two sons, Ismail and Isaac, succeeded to the Imamat: Mawlana Ismail was the Permanent Imam (imam mustaqarr) and Hazrat Isaac was the Entrusted Imam (imam mustawda) established as a deputy and veil (hijab) for the Permanent Imams. As Henry Corbin explains, the “ram” with which God substitutes Ismail’s sacrifice is none other than Isaac himself:

"Here again the whole body of Ismaili Gnosis may be taken as a guide. By this Gnosis, Ishmael is regarded as the Spiritual Heir, the Imam who holds the secret of the Gnosis, while Isaac is a Veil: the veil or screen of the Letter which is placed before the Imam. The relationship between them corresponds to the fundamental distinction between the appointed and permanent Imam (mustaqarr), and an Imam who is merely a depository or curator (mustawda), established as a kind of protection during periods of danger and apparently performing the functions of the true Imam, while the latter remains hidden. Ishmael was the Upholder of the mystical meaning, of the esoteric science of ta'wil, while Isaac was before him as a Veil, maintaining the science of tanzil, of the revealed Letter and of positive religion. The same relationship is perpetuated in the course of their respective lineages…Whereas Moses established a new Law (shari'at), a new positive religion, the descendants of Ishmael continued and transmitted the esoteric message of Gnosis.”

- Henry Corbin, (Temple and Contemplation, 167)

Prophet Muhammad and Imam ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib descend from the hereditary Imams of the progeny of Ismail son of Abraham. Today the living Imam is Shāh Karīm al-Ḥusaynī Āgā Khān IV. Today the spiritual sacrifice of Prophet Abraham and his son Mawlana Ismail continue to be embodied in the person of Mawlana Hazar Imam.

When he assumed the office of Imamat on July 11, 1957, Mawlana Hazar Imam boldly declared that he was dedicating his entire life and existence to serving his followers and the world of Islam:

"I have dedicated my life to the uplift and progress of the Ismailis all over the world and I pray for all your happiness and success."

- Imām Shāh Karīm al-Ḥusaynī Āgā Khān IV, (Willi Frischauer, The Aga Khans, 217)

"My grandfather dedicated his life to the Imamat and Islam, both of which came first, and above all other considerations....My life, as his, will be dedicated to the service of my followers."

- Imām Shāh Karīm al-Ḥusaynī Āgā Khān IV

In a candid interview given in 1969, Mawlānā Shāh Karīm al-Ḥusaynī describes the struggles that he undergoes in fulfilling the mission of the Imamat:

"I hardly have time to think about myself. I have my moments of fatigue, anxiety, but without the feeling of abandonment. I am engaged. I have to weigh, to consider, to try make a wise decision. But, with my advisers, I escape the isolation. “Responsibility is a burden we love.” I received from my grandfather responsibilities that are heavy but not burdensome. This is not a burden. It is a pleasure to devote oneself (de se consacrer = “to sacrifice oneself”) to such a community, to work for people. The responsibilities are a burden that we love to wear."

(Elle Magazine Interview with Paul Giannoli, “The Mystery of the Aga Khan”, August 20, 1969)

Ismaili gnosis..
mahebubchatur

Eid Al Adha information and facts Sept 2016...

Post by mahebubchatur »

Eid al-Adha
(from Ismailis serving the comnunity under the UK constitutional Council & entities)

Hide the good that you do, and make known the good done to you.
Hazrat Mawlana 'Ali

Eid al-Adha, the Festival of Sacrifice, commemorates one of the greatest trials of faith in the life of Hazrat Ibrahim (peace be upon him).

Hazrat Ibrahim had a vision from God in which he saw himself sacrificing his son. He shared this vision with his son, who accepted without reservation that his father must do what Allah had asked.

This foundational story is shared by all three of the Abrahamic faiths: Christianity, Islam and Judaism. The Qur'an and the Bible tell us that at the moment of sacrifice, God, in His bountiful Mercy, accepted Hazrat Ibrahim's total submission and spared his son's life. The Holy Qur'an says:

We called out to him, '0 Ibrahim, you have already
fulfilled the vision' – thus indeed we reward the
righteous .. . indeed this was a manifest trial ... (37: 104-106)

Hazrat Ibrahim is a symbol of piety, obedience, trust and unwavering faith.

At its core, sacrifice is an act of piety and reverence, and in sacrificing what we hold dear, we move beyond earthly possessions and relationships and we establish a profound communion with Allah.

On behalf of all the Jamat’s institutions, we wish you a joyous Eid al-Adha.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

Admin wrote:What is your purpose on always trying to denigrate and insults Ismailis, their belief and their practices?

This thread is on Hajj, not on Namaz. Anything you post unrelated to Hajj will be deleted.

As I said, please ask someone who knows how computers work and how a search work, to show you how to search for the proper subject while posting. Thanks you.
Do not loose your temperament please. When you people have no proper answers, start bashing and blaming.
What ritual is performed after Hujj?, that is Eid Namaz. So in my view this was a proper place to ask question. I know why you are annoyed because I used the phrase African Ismail Jamaits. I asked the question which not only me but hundreds of Jamaits were and are asking. What is the philosophy behind forwarding kids to be pesh Imam in Namaz. Jamitis know kids are making blunders in pronunciation. Do we ran out of youngsters or elders to take responsibility. I know computers and your search engine, it is not bothering me.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

kmaherali wrote:
shivaathervedi wrote: Also in western countries they forward a 7/8 to 12/13 years old boy to do Imamat of Eid Namaz making scores of mistakes in reciting Namaz!!!
If you are not an Ismaili as you have indicated in the other thread, what is the purpose for asking this question. How does it concern you?Ismailism is a diversity:

"Within the Ummah, the Ismaili Jamat reflects much of the same pluralism."(Salamieh, Syria Saturday, November 10, 2001 )

The appropriate thread using simple search for Namaz/Salat is:

Namaz
http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... ight=namaz salat&start=0
What diversity or pluralism has to do with kids making blunders while reciting Du'a or Eid Namaz. My question was simple and your answer should have been justifying by replying me properly and not giving FATWA that I am an Ismaili or not? At least I am not like you to make Imam disrespectful by writtng ' Imam consumed ALCOHOL'. You and Admin know well that post went all over on internet. You people provided extra ammo in hands of opponents of Imam and Ismailis.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Spare us a show of your "Iman".

We have seen your posts, disguised under a mantle of a novice Ismaili, in fact, postings which are transporting ideas so insulting to Ismailis and their Imam that we can but conclude that you have left the Imam and his Sat Panth a very long time ago.

Again, post on Namaz in appropriate places. You do not seem to understand what I am saying that this is a thread on Hajj, not on Namaz.

You are talking of the toilets after the food and want to bring your toilet in the kitchen. It is not because one comes after the other that it all goes in one place. Toilet goes in the toilet and food goes in the kitchen, not the other way round!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote:What diversity or pluralism has to do with kids making blunders while reciting Du'a or Eid Namaz. My question was simple and your answer should have been justifying by replying me properly and not giving FATWA that I am an Ismaili or not?
You said in your post that there are differences in the Namaz across the world and I responded that our Tariqah is a diversity of cultures and historical traditions hence the differences. You yourself indicated in another thread that you were not a Shia! I am simply stating what you yourself said.

Blunders can happen even to adults. When I was a kid, I recited Namaz and my parents sent a message to the Imam. The Imam was very happy that I recited Namaz and sent a Talika to that effect. I have a copy of the Talika and can share the exact words if you want.
shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

Admin wrote:Spare us a show of your "Iman".

We have seen your posts, disguised under a mantle of a novice Ismaili, in fact, postings which are transporting ideas so insulting to Ismailis and their Imam that we can but conclude that you have left the Imam and his Sat Panth a very long time ago.

Again, post on Namaz in appropriate places. You do not seem to understand what I am saying that this is a thread on Hajj, not on Namaz.

You are talking of the toilets after the food and want to bring your toilet in the kitchen. It is not because one comes after the other that it all goes in one place. Toilet goes in the toilet and food goes in the kitchen, not the other way round!
You wrote," you are talking of the toilets after food and want to bring your toilet in the kitchen.......blah blah blah."
Let me ask you from which filthy book you adopted this yours toilet script. This shows your filthy mentality as a boss of Heritage. Is this the part of your Sutpunthi ETHICAL VALUES. You still keep disappearing my posts. This shows yours mental bankruptcy.
I believe in Allah, Rasul, and Imam of the time as mentioned in second part of Du'a which you recite also.