Jamatkhana In Downtown Houston

Activities in your jamats including posting of announcements
Adil_D

Jamatkhana In Downtown Houston

Post by Adil_D »

YAM,

Does anyone know the address for a JK in Downtown Houston (assuming there is one)?

Thank you.
agakhani

The address is

Post by agakhani »

The 11.3 acre parcel land purchased by The Agakhan Foundation is located west of downtown Houston, the property runs along Montrose from Allen Parkway to west Dallas.
2323 Allen Parkway
Houston,Texas 77019

This Hi-Profile Jamat Khana still not ready yet.
Adil_D

Post by Adil_D »

YAM

Is the the closest JK to downtown then in Sugarland? I will be in the Downtown Houston area in January on Business, Staying at the Residence Inn Downtown Houston, which one is the closest to that one? The Residence Inn is actually on Dallas St
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Adil,
You can not attend Hi-profile Jamat Khana in Houston because it is not open for Jamats prayer yet, but you may visit the site.
By the way there are 5 Jamat Khana in Houston,
Sugar land Jamat Khana also called HPC is the one you need to visit since it is very well known and build as per Islamic architect and also MHI was present during the foundation with Texas Governer Rick Perry, there are also 2 Jamat KHana nearby to this Jamat Khana (2-3 mile distance).
If you prefer to attend oldest Jamat khana called as main Jamat Khana then its address is 11111 Brooklet Drive, Houston, Texas 77099
Last edited by agakhani on Sat May 15, 2010 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adil_D

Post by Adil_D »

Thank you for all your help!

Which is the closest one to downtown Houston to attend for prayer?
Adil_D

Post by Adil_D »

Also can you tell me the start times for Dua in these Jamatkhanas? In California it is in 8pm on the weekdays, is it the same or earlier?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

The weekdays Dua timing in Houston Jamat Khana are diffrerent, as per my understanding in HPC JK Dua timing is 6.30 p.m. main Jamat Khana 7.00 p.m. and Sugarland Jamat Khana (old) Dua time is 6.00 p.m. The reason to keep 30 minutes depart is if any jamati member miss the Dua in one particular JK he/she still can attend in Dua in nearby JK because this 30 minutes gap, these 3 JK are very close to each other so you can choose any one. I recommend you to attend HPC since lots of tourist visit this JK and more Jamat attend this JK than other Houston Jamat Khanas .
From Down town Houston to any above Jamat Khana it will take almost 15 minutes in regular trafic but it may take up to 30 minutes in heavy trafic however these JK are not far from Downtown Houston. good luck.
Adil_D

Post by Adil_D »

Ok Thanks again...last question then you gave me the address to the main JK, can I also have the addreses to HPC and MHI? you can PM me or email me if you dont want to post it here.

Thank you so much! I will be there soon