Salgirah Mubarak

Activities of the Imam and the Noorani family.
akbarpunjwani

Salgirah Mubarak

Post by akbarpunjwani »

Ya Ali Madad to all,

Very Happy Salgirah Mubarak!

On this occasion, I would like to share my presentation that recollects photographs on all the major public activities of our beloved Mowlana Hazar Imam during his 73rd year of his life. Usually we come to know about these activities through emails from our social networks, but while I was recollecting all these activities, it was very surprising for me to find so many activities of Hazar Imam only within the span of 1 year.

Below is the summary of all these public activities of Hazar Imam after the concluding session of Golden Jubilee celebration last year:

Total VISITS:
20 Trips

Total COUNTRIES Visited:
13 Countries [Developing World (6) + Industrialized World (7)]

New TITLES Received:
1. Grand Patron & Grand Donor of France
2. Honorary Citizen of Canada
3. Member of Academy of Sciences

New DEGREES:
1. Honorary Doctorate of Laws from University of Alberta
2. Honorary Doctorate of Divinity from University of Cambridge

Memorandum of
Understanding (MoU):
1. Between AKU and University of Alberta
2. Between University of Central Asia & University of Cambridge
3. Between AKU and University of California, San Francisco

INAUGURATIONS:
1. Exhibition -“The Worlds of Islam in Aga Khan Museum Collection”
2. Forodhani Park, Zanzibar
3. Khorag City Park, Tajikistan
4. Ismaili Center, Dushanbe

Agreement of
Cooperation:
1. Between Portugese Republic & Ismaili Imamat
2. Between State of Texas & Ismaili Imamat
3. Between State of California & Ismaili Imamat

For complete presentation, which includes brief details on Birthday and all the photographs of MHI activities in chronological order from Dec 08 to Dec 09, click on the below link.
http://tinyurl.com/SalgirahMubarak09

Hope it will further add happiness in our celebration of Hazar Imam’s 73rd Salgirah Mubarak.

Regards,

Akbar Punjwani
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Aga Khan's birthday celebrated

Zubair Babakarkhel - Dec 13, 2009 - 17:25

KABUL (PAN): Thousands of Ismaili sect members, followers of Prince Karim Aga Khan, celebrated the 73rd birthday of their spiritual leader here on Sunday.

The function was held at an Ismaili community centre, where head of Aga Khan's National Council Sher Baz Hakimi pledged to pursue development activities in Afghanistan.

Addressing the function, Hakimi referred to Karim Aga Khan's promise to work for the welfare of Muslims, particularly the Ismaili sect adherents, across the world.

He added the pledge made 52 years ago was being translated into action as enough work had been done for the welfare of Afghans and Ismaili sect followers in the war-hit country.

Aga Khan had pledged 57 million US dollars in assistance to Afghanistan following the overthrow of the Taliban in late 2001, Hakimi recalled. The level of assistance has since reached 750 million US dollars.

He said the Aga Khan Foundation and other relevant organisations were working in different sectors across Afghanistan. Focus, assisting deserving families and participating in the reconstruction drive, is one such organisation.

The organisation has constructed 8,600 shelter houses for returnees in addition to building 1,600 kilometres of roads. He said Focus was also providing food assistance to the people.

Other relevant organisations were working for preserving historical sites, construction of health and educational centres and provision of communication services, Hakimi explained.

He said their bank had provided small loans to 61,000 people in several provinces of the country. During the meeting, President Hamid Karzai's message was read out by his adviser Abdul Aziz Ahmad. Karzai thanked Aga Khan for supporting Afghanistan.

http://www.pajhwok.com/viewstory.asp?lng=eng&id=86210
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Kenya: Aga Khan's Birthday Celebrations in Nairobi

By Bob Oluoch
The Shia Ismaili Muslims are a community of ethnically and culturally diverse peoples living in more than 25 countries around the world, united in their allegiance to His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan (known to the Ismailis as Mawlana Hazar Imam), the 49th hereditary Imam (spiritual leader) and direct descendant of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family).

The Ismailis follow the ummah (community) as a just, inclusive, pluralistic society rooted in the origins of Islam.

The Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) is a network of institutions that symbolise the ongoing efforts of His Highness to fulfill the mandate of the institution of Imamat; to improve the quality of worldly life for concerned communities and not just the Ismaili community.

All AKDN projects globally operate without regard to race, religion, ethnicity or origin and it is a fact that the majority beneficiaries of these AKDN projects and institutions are not even Ismailis.

The community's profound sense of social responsibility, particularly towards the most marginalised members of society, is reflected in the Ismaili Muslims' deeply-held tradition of voluntary service rendered through community and the AKDN organisations and through civil society institutions that benefit all.

To celebrate their Imam's birthday on December 13, the Ismaili community got together at the Aga Khan Pavilion and complex on Limuru road in Nairobi.

People were dressed to the nines on this evening in colourful outfits in all shades and hues. Guests were of all ages and celebrated the night with Raas and Garbaa (Raas is a traditional Indian dance that revolves in a circle and everyone claps their hands while the Garbaa is danced by rhythmically clicking two wooden sticks with those of a partner and other dancers).

The night ended on a high note with the entire community in good spirits.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201412160875.html
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

Very happy SALIGRAH MUBARAK to all readers in this Forum whether they are an Ismaili or not! No problemo.
Mowla ki Shan me ek sher pesh Karta hu! Pasand aaye to irshad farmaiga! Yeh nachiz banda aapka shukar gujar hoga.

KHUSHALIA TO BAHOTSO KI AATI HAI AOUR JATI BHI HAI MERE AAKA,
MAGAR, MERE MOWLA! TERI KHUSHALIA KI BAT HI ME KYA KARU!?
MILI HAI AISI TARAKKI "HAME" TERI DUA ASHISH AOUR "KHANAWADAN" SE!
US KI BADOLAT SE HUE HAI ISMAILI ITNE SUKHI! KI USKI TARIF HI ME KYA KARU!?

SALWAT.
Last edited by agakhani_1 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To Agakhani: Ya Ali Madad.

Does Salegrih falls on 13th december or 11 th july?.

Anyway the joy,regard n essence is more important.
It can be any language.
let me add two line to your beautiful couplet.Please put English translation of it.

TERI HIDAYAT SE ALI,HUM JAMAT NE TARAQQI KHUB KE.

LAKHO AABJO SHUKRAN KARO,SHUKRAN ALI...SHUKRAN ALI.

Oh ALI with your guidance, We Ismailis have progressed immensely.
A million/billion thanks. Thank you ALI..Thank you ALI.

I hope you do not mind as I have thanked on your behalf.
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

Thanks for pointing out difference between Imamat day and Saligarah.

My intention was to emphasize the importance of the 'DUA ASHISH AND KHANAWADAN, which we Ismaili receives in both auspicious occasion, Imamat day and Salgirah!.

However, your comments is well taken so, I put the Khushali word instead of Salgirah.