Kalam-e Imam-e Zaman Golden Edition Farmans 1957-2009

Books on Ismailism, reviews etc..
Mariem

Kalam-e Imam-e Zaman Golden Edition Farmans 1957-2009

Post by Mariem »

Hello!

I would like to know if I can buy the book Kalam-e Imam-e Zaman Golden Edition Farmans 1957-2009 anywhere?

Or else: Can I find the Farmans of His Highness anywhere else?

I hope that anyone can help me! Thank you so much!

Maryam
From_Alamut

Re: Kalam-e Imam-e Zaman Golden Edition Farmans 1957-2009

Post by From_Alamut »

Mariem wrote:Hello!

I would like to know if I can buy the book Kalam-e Imam-e Zaman Golden Edition Farmans 1957-2009 anywhere?

Or else: Can I find the Farmans of His Highness anywhere else?

I hope that anyone can help me! Thank you so much!

Maryam
This issue been discussed under this threat.
http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=7486
sheri

Aga Khan files copyright lawsuit in Canadian Federal Court

Post by sheri »

By Salim Jiwa

TORONTO – The Aga Khan, one of the world’s wealthiest philanthropists and spiritual leader of Ismaili Muslims, has filed a lawsuit in Canadian Federal Court for copyright infringement.

Prince Karim Aga Khan is seeking punitive and exemplary damages and an injunction against two of his own followers who have allegedly sold the spiritual leader’s written and oral pronouncements to the Ismaili community world-wide.

The Aga Khan claims in his lawsuit that businessman Nagib Tajdin and Toronto lawyer Alnaz Jiwa and other unknown parties infringed his copyright by reproducing a book that is a collection of his written pronouncements and his speeches.

The lawsuit claims the reproduction was not authorized and that the Aga Khan personally authored the pronouncements and therefore holds sole copyright in the book entitled “Golden Edition – Kalam-E-Imam-E-Zaman.”

“The infringing material consists of a book entitled “Farmans 1957-2009 – Golden Edition Kalam-E Imam-E-Zaman” (the “Book”). This Book reproduces in substantial part a series of 589 Farmans and 77 Talikas and messages authored by the Aga Khan and delivered in various countries around the world between the years 1957 to 2009. The Book is accompanied by an mp3 audio bookmark preloaded with 14 audio extracts of Farmans read in the Plaintiff’s own voice (the MP3″). Collectively, the Book and MP3, are referred to herein as the “Infringing Materials,” according to the writ filed in Federal Court in Toronto.

The Aga Khan explains that a Farman is an address to his followers while a Talika is a brief written religious instruction to his community.

The Aga Khan’s lawsuit explains that both defendants have engaged in commercial ventures using unauthorized reproduction of material on which he owns the copyright.

The Aga Khan says he is a citizen of the U.K. but lives in France.

Nagib Tajdin is listed as a resident of Montreal and Nairobi, Kenya. Alnaz Jiwa is listed in the suit as a lawyer residing in Scarborough, Ontario.

“Ismailis live in over 25 countries across the world, mainly in South and Central Asia, Africa, Afghanistan, Iran and the Middle East, as well as North America and Western Europe. It is the mandate of the Imam to interpret to his community the faith of Islam as a thinking, spiritual faith that teaches compassion and tolerance and upholds the dignity of man, and also to lead the effort to improve the security and quality of life of his community and the wider societies among which the Ismailis live. The Aga Khan’s communications to his community are conveyed in this privileged context and, hence, he is concerned that their integrity should be safeguarded,” states the lawsuit, a copy of which was obtained by Vancouverite.

The Aga Khan states in his claim that the defendants produced and released the alleged infringing materials consisting of a book and MP3s which were recorded without his consent.

The Aga Khan states the defendants are profiting from the sales of the book in four parts with each part being sold for $50 CAD with the MP3 recording being given as a gift to a purchaser.

Bay Street law firm Ogilvy Renault filed the lawsuit on April 6. No response has been filed.

Ogilvy Renault is seeking an accounting of all profits made from the sales as well as punitive and exemplary damages.

Aga Khan lawsuit - PDF document from Federal Court.

http://www.vancouverite.com/2010/04/12/ ... ral-court/
Admin

Post by Admin »

As received:

Patricia Campbell's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aga_khan_lawsuit

Aga Khan Law Suit in Toronto.....Fact or Fiction?

My further comments arise from many others's responses. Firstly, let us get the right information. Question: Who has been to Ogilvy Renault: the Lawyers Office to submit the claim, sign and have the Solicitor confirm the Due Diligence upon the complainant? That is: Identity, copy of passport for correct names, addresses, utility Bills to confirm address, etc?
Secondly, if a representative has filed the complaint, does Ogilvy Renault have explicit authentic, mandated instructions to specify the actions?
Thirdly, will the court actually recognise the instructions, mandate and authenticity of such a largely respected supreme name to Canada itself to see His Highness The Aga Khan suing his followers publicly, open casting a religious war on his followers and furthermore, seeking high financial compensations values? Furthermore, do we know if the defendants have been served legally or is it just an email virus or a tabloid stunt by others? Or is this just an empty threat? Be real and informed so that you can all respond with intelligent calibre and not junk status.
Can a group of educated or high profiled leaders or general public actually go to the Toronto offices of Ogilvy Renault and confirm the entire file specifics and verify authenticity to avoid further public shame and as well to educate the Law firm of any wrong doings? Perhaps, even pose a question to the representatives filing the suit on behalf of the Aga Khan. This could avoid a costly Misrepresentation on either side. Let's face it, these days, money talks, deeds speak as well so who can be trusted with such a hugely reputed name in this world?
The World Wide Supreme leaders will find this extremely unappetizing after all highest World Class honours awarded and dignifying Canada's esteemed friend, His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan in Canada as he has received for his compassionate global philanthropic work. Are you telling me that this philanthropic work is also copyright? Should we not read about it or even pluralise from his kind work to the poor and needy? I visited the AKDN website and was so impressed with the substance. His speeches are deep with meaning through the souls. Really, try reading some of his speeches and look at the entire development endowed. It will remind you of the historic Islamic struggles preaching in great difficulty.
This is in total contradiction to Islam and the Ismailis as know to be religion of Peace and humility to others.
My observations if proved wrong, I will swallow a pill or two; I do not think that His Highness The Aga Khan will arrive in Toronto and file a Law suit for anything. I ask, why he has not taken those Ismailis to task who have stolen Millions of Dollars from his Non profit making businesses in the world. Why has he not had a personal dialogue with the defendants about the book publications? Who has not given correct information to His Highness? As he also knows that if he did in fact, ask the defendants to jump off the Trump Tower and give their lives, they would! I would too if Jesus asked of me to sacrifice my life!
My fear is, it is a possible engineered process by assailants close to His Highness, to slander reputation collateral, colossal, to pour out their frustrations about power and money and greed and god knows what else! Look at big celebrity names destroyed recently; even the Pope has had his share, let alone other significant figures. The Late Michael Jackson's doctor was charged for misadministration of overdosed drugs! Look at Tiger Woods, slandered by global media more than his wife or women.
Indeed, at the top of Mohammed's mountain, a question should arise with professional intelligence; the legitimacy of this action as portrayed by His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan? To confirm the content of the claim, authenticity, legitimacy and the author's consent? This has to be paramount; this would clear the Frauds Element as it can be possible to have forged documentation or even tampered signatures. His Highness's Bank accounts may also be affected if found true. Big responsible figures really do not have time to go through their bank statements on line or print, they would even have a hard time to know how much they can't spend. But money is available on tap, just open.
Of course, I will be happy to find that the His Highness The Aga Khan had actually been to Ogilvy Renault on Bay Street to actually submit this claim.
And I am certain that if there was a real need to see that the book in question published with materials were fake or altered or truly destructive to Ismailis mankind or such that the release of the book has caused many wars and bloodshed, then I can standby His Highness Prince Aga Khan and also protect his good work from being misrepresented. I would with all my weight in gold! After all, many represent many different things in such big communities' worldwide, who would really know what was really going on while Ali Baba's 40 Thieves are at it! The treasure chest is open and close to your greed. You know, it only costs $150 to file a suit in Canadian Federal Courts. At this stage, the court clerk relies only on the filed documents presented by the law firm's clerk and will never check its authenticity as it would be out of his league due to the law firm's undertaking of good conduct or even simple trust. If $150.00 is all it costs to defame and plague big names, then what are we waiting for? Let's go out to Federal court and accomplish pathetic ignorance!
The Muslim Ismailia community worldwide is respected because of the Aga Khan. Nothing that he has ever said in public or private has ever been published against him. Why now? Who is at real loss? Let's keep it real, Keep it that way.
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aga_khan_lawsuit"
samirnoorali

Help us understand the truth

Post by samirnoorali »

Dear Admin:

Rumors about this case will run amuck. As you know rumors instigate more problems. It is befitting if you could kindly help us understand what exactly prompted this problem in the first place. We are ready to take your side, but if there is a conspiracy by an intermediary body then we would like to know. In other words the red, green, and blue books were a fantastic contribution. What happend now that has led for people to believe that it is not a conspiracy by the councils but rather a direct defiance of the Imam himself. What is the truth that we may clearly understand you?

Sincerely,

Samir Noorali
sassy

Post by sassy »

Ya ali Madad
,My plea to all those involved in this issue, publishing, selling the book is to stop it , and ask for forgiveness from mowla. Imam will forgive you.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

It's amazing that there is a whole bunch of us jumping on someone else for being unfarmanbardari.

What/Who gives us the right to judge?

Our Pirs in Ginans have said Ditra Dosh na dijiye toh undithra kiyun kardijiye ji.

This is a matter between the Imam and his Murshids...whoever they maybe...the last time I checked He hadn't delegated that authority to anyone of us to stand here and condemn people.

It amuses me that this is the accident on the highway syndrome - where we'll all slow down to see what happened..what the carnage was..when it doesn't impact us...

How many of us now chiding the publishers of the book can claim to be a 100% farman bardari? - say our dua on time..go to JK...pay our dasondh.?

I am willing to bet that some of those that are now chiding probably have procured the farman books that were published.

I am not condoning or supporting the publishers of the book - in my mind if one was asked not to publish the book by the Imam - one shouldn't have published it - but that is my opinion.

There seems to be another email floating around by someone else as well chiding these individuals and pointing fingers at a few other innocent folks - to that someone else - I will also say - we didn't elect you to represent us - please stop circulating such emails and conducting witch hunts against individuals that you have personal issues with - everyone has skeletons in their closets...no one knows when theirs will be exposed. Some of you on that email chain that claim to be so self righteous showed up at each and every Golden Jubilee Darbar - disregarding all directives from the leadership in regards to only attending one Darbar in each country - somehow the directives didn't apply to them..as they are holier than thou?..different sets of rules...people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...this is a matter between the Imam and His murids..do not interject yourself in this matter and offer your opinions..and don't make it personal...

I would ask Admin to shut down threads of this nature because they lead us nowhere.

Shams
Admin

Alleged Aga Khan Lawsuit copyright

Post by Admin »

Alleged Aga Khan Lawsuit

Part of the second forensic expertise has been obtained by Heritage News. Since the defendants will comply with the court requirement to submit documents, this full expertise [all pages] which is part of the evidence to be presented will be submitted to the courts within the due time limits.

The signature on the letter in question sent to Mr Nagib Tajdin was found to contain 10 discrepancies by one of the leading Canadian forensic expert on signatures. This expert was recommended to the defendants by a lawyer who was not aware that the signature in question to be verified was that from someone who had imitated the Imam’s signature. But that lawyer has worked for 20 years on many files with the Aga Khan Council in Canada. So his credibility and the credibility of the expert he recommended are not in question.

This second expertise has also relied on 5 authentic signatures for comparison. In fact, the first authentic signature specimen was from a document dated 2009 which was after the shoulder operation of the Imam and just 4 weeks before the forged signature.

Again, the document in question is closely tied to the case and it is odd that it was left out of the statement of claim, as the content of the document with the forged signature is similar to the content of the lawsuit, and as a paragraph from the forged document was read in JK as part of the LIF announcement. The document with the forged signature will be presented also as part of the evidence.

The next exclusive report from Heritage News will contain the character of the forger, how he thinks, how he reacts in real life etc. from a graphology analysis which says that this characteristic of the forger is a textbook case and offers a description which was printed in a well known book published in 1993. The character of the forger is completely different from the character of the Imam from a comparison of the signatures. Chances are you will recognize the forger from the description...

The original expertise was in French. An English translation was provided by the expert and attached below are some extracts.

More here: http://www.ismaili.net/heritage/node/29761

Complete Defense here http://www.ismaili.net/heritage/node/29740

Go To News Event:
Defenses Glorifying the Aga Khan filed in federal Court - 2010-04-29
Go To News Event:
EXCLUSIVE: Evidence for Aga Khan Lawsuit - multipart report - 2010-05-01
Date:
Thursday, 2010, April 29
Heritage News
20100429-court-filings.jpg

In a surprisingly rapid twist of events, both Mr Tajdin and Mr Jiwa have filed their respective statements of Defense this 29th of April 2010. They affirm to being devoted followers who will unconditionally abide by the wishes of the Aga Khan, whom they glorify in their defense.

They also set out to establish that this lawsuit is not actually filed by the Aga Khan, but instead has been fraudulently initiated by someone close to him in his secretariat. Why the defendant Tajdin has not yet been served is linked to this aspect of the defense. The fact that extracts from letters purported to have been sent by the Aga Khan to the defendant Tajdin are NOT even mentioned in the Statement of Claim speaks for itself.

Mr Tajdin declares that:

He has not been served yet but the ethics imposed upon him by his faith demands that he should not keep in ignorance the public by being silent on the issue and should clarify all of the facts, pertaining to this lawsuit, of which he is aware.

He reaffirms his allegiance to the Aga Khan, is willing to submit to any of his wishes, and is ready to surrender himself and all his possessions to the Imam.

He has been printing Farman books since 1992 with approval and instructions from the Imam received on August 15, 1992 in Montreal.

He has not received any communication from the Imam from 1992 to 2009 instructing him to stop publication.

He cannot stop publication without instruction from the Imam as this would be a breach of his oath of allegiance to the Imam.

All Farman publications were financial deficit projects done as a volunteer service and large numbers of books were distributed free of charge.

Farman sharing is a historic Ismaili tradition which still continues today.

The current Ismaili Constitution does not restrict the right to publish Farmans

Mr Tajdin further declares that:

The Lawsuit has not been filed by the Aga Khan but rather by the same individuals who forged a precursor letter to this case and who initiated a slanderous announcement by the LIF to the Ismaili community, worldwide.

Evidence points to a slander campaign against the defendant, launched by individuals having access to both the Imam's secretariat and the LIF

All his attempts to contact the Imam have been thwarted by individuals at the Imam's secretariat, and no contact has been made so far.

The precursor letter, purported to be from the Aga khan was sent to him by email from the Aga Khan's secretariat in January 2010

The contents of the letter contradict the contents of the constitution, and the infallibility of the Imam.

The contents of the letter are similar to the contents of the lawsuit

The signature of the Aga Khan on the letter was proved as being forged by 2 leading forensic experts.

Upon receiving evidence of the forgery, individuals at the imam's secretariat responded with phone calls threatening to ruin his name in the community, a threat which has now materialized.

Mr Tajdin concludes that:

He has no choice but to await further direct instructions from the Imam.

He reaffirms his allegiance to the Aga Khan, is willing to submit to any of His wishes, and is ready to surrender himself and all his possessions to the Imam.

Mr Jiwa states that:

"This action does not appear to have been authorized personally by the Aga Khan as it is contrary to the traditions of Ismailis.."

"In distributing Farman books obtained from Tajdin to other Ismailis, he has not violated either the Ismaili Constitution or any Farmans"

He has not violated the copyright act as "Tajdin was given express authority by the Imam" and regardless of the fact that "the limitations period provided for by the Copyright Act also bars this action as the books containing the Farmans were commenced publication in the year 1992", he will still do whatever the Imam tells him to do.

Mr Jiwa clarifies finances:

He "obtains these books for C$50.00 from Tajdin and sells it for C$50.00, without any profit.

"All monies received by him from the sale of (other) books after 2005 were delivered to the Jamatkhanas"

Mr Jiwa further states that:

"If the Imam edited the Farman before releasing to the Jamats, in effect he is superceding the Farman he made orally previously."

He "unconditionally reconfirms his oath of allegiance to his Imam" and "if the Imam does not desire his Farman books to be distributed to the Jamats (...) this defendant will submit to the instructions of His Imam without reservation whatsoever"

Replies From the Plaintiff are due within 10 days, and Affidavits of Documents are due 30 days later.

http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/In ... info_e.php?...