Who is MHI?

Discussion on doctrinal issues
sandyp

Who is MHI?

Post by sandyp »

I've read a lot of the threads on this site and there is really a lot of debate as to who MHI really is.

Most agree he has the Noor, some say Ali is Allah and others consider him an Imam.

I think we all agree that the Imam NEVER lies and if that is the case, can we not refer to his comments in an interview when he said that he has never claimed divinity (sorry, can't remember the details of when that interview took place, perhaps some remembers or I can try and Google it if anyone is interested)

Would that not mean that it was correct to remove Ali is Allah?
ShamsB

Re: Who is MHI?

Post by ShamsB »

sandyp wrote:I've read a lot of the threads on this site and there is really a lot of debate as to who MHI really is.

Most agree he has the Noor, some say Ali is Allah and others consider him an Imam.

I think we all agree that the Imam NEVER lies and if that is the case, can we not refer to his comments in an interview when he said that he has never claimed divinity (sorry, can't remember the details of when that interview took place, perhaps some remembers or I can try and Google it if anyone is interested)

Would that not mean that it was correct to remove Ali is Allah?
you seem to be selective in your reading of the threads - a few things.

1. we are about pluralism - everyone is free to believe what they want to - we've agreed to disagree in peace ;-).

2. MHI is the holder of 2 roles simultaenously - both the Shah and the Pir- in other words Imam Al Mustawda and Imam Al Mustaqirr - in public the Imam uses the Title Imam to mean both - if you can decipher what hat the Imam is wearing in the interviews - the one of the Pir or the one of the Shah ...let us know. till then, everyone is free to beleive what they may - as per the Farman of many Imams - He is who the individual perceives him to be - we all have individual one to one relationships to the Imam.

Shams
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Ismaili tradition is a personal and an esoteric one, each individual has his/her own relationship with the Imam. Hence the articulation of the concept of Imamat will depend upon the audience and context. Non-murids have a different understanding than murids. To the former the Imam is not God, to the latter he can be anything depending
upon individual capacity and knowledge.

There have been many discussions on the concept of Imamat in this forum. You may reference them by searching for the terms 'Imamat', 'Quran', 'interpretation' using the 'Search' link above. In particular you may want to go to:

Doctrines --> want to learn about ismailiyya

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... 16&start=0
mahebubchatur

More at this link

Post by mahebubchatur »