Why so much confusion in Conversion?

Past or Present customs and their evolution
balooshy1

Why so much confusion in Conversion?

Post by balooshy1 »

Hi all im Amaan from karachi im a sunni but confused with the faith. im learning about ismailism and visiting many websites like ismaili.org or facebook pages. i have a question with ismaili friends that why conversion to ismailism is so complicated(like here users say) yeah i browsed all the links on other topics and also chatted with ismaili Muslims on facebook, the only answer they gave me is you have to be born as a Ismaili or first you need to know the language or etc etc. Im not sarcastic nor disliking the way of preaching your faith but what about me( a lazy learner) wants to learn the ismaili faith? someone said here that you cant go to Jamatkhana. why these restrictions?

Thanx and if i want to convert to ismailism so what i can do where to go and what is the procedure?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Someone give you false information here is my explanation:-
You do not have to learn our (Ismaili people's) lanaguages, there are many Ismaili peoples all over the world they speak different languages like Chinese, Spanish, English, Persian and many more and they are Ismailis.
You do not have to born as an Ismailis, there are many peoples who converted themselve in Ismailism in past and still converting in Ismailism even though they were not born as an ismailis.
It is true that now a days it is little hard to convert in Ismailism but it is not impossible what you need to do is just contact with your local Tariqua Baord in you area and they will guide you right ways if you are really serious about conversion.
It is good ideas that you read and study all the Ismaili literature available in your language before you start conversion process.
You can not attend Ismaili Jamat Khana untill you convert your self in Ismailism through proper channel.
balooshy1

Thanx

Post by balooshy1 »

Thanx for the reply i'll do as you said to contact tariqua board. i have another question what are ismaili views about sahabah karaam(r.a) and khulfah e rashideen(r.a)?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

About the Sahaba Karams and khulfa e Rashideens:-

As a Muslim, we Ismailis also respect the lucky Sahabas and khulfah e rashiddens who were companions of Prophet Mohammad. They played important roll in Islamic wars and play major roll in writing hadiths.

However as a Shia we beleive that the first Caliph should had been Hazarat Ali (s.a.) as per the hidayat of Prophet Mohammad, read the Ghadir-e-Khumm event and you will find this truth.
balooshy1

Post by balooshy1 »

thank you very much for the answers :D
kmaherali

Re: Thanx

Post by kmaherali »

balooshy1 wrote:Thanx for the reply i'll do as you said to contact tariqua board. i have another question what are ismaili views about sahabah karaam(r.a) and khulfah e rashideen(r.a)?
We accept the first three Caliphs as per Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah's statement of reconciliation below for the sake of unity.

THE FINAL RECONCILIATION BETWEEN SUNNI AND SHIA DOCTRINES

A Declaration
Undated
The foundation of Imami Ismailism - the position of the Ulu 'l amrMenkom - public proclamation of the reconciliation between Sh . and Sunni doctrines.

It is more than ever necessary that the foundation of Imami-Ismailism should be understood by the new generation of Ismailis throughout the world. If those who believe that Hazrat Alv was the rightful successor of the Prophet to be the 'Ulu'l-ar Menkom must accept the principle of that succession for the same reasons they accept in the case of Hazrat Aly his rightful Imam descendants.

The Imami Ismailis maintain that the position of the 'Ul . amr Menkom never dies out and this succession goes on till the day of judgement on earth. For this reason Ismailis celebrate the exceptionally long Imamat as they would celebrate every ascension to the spiritual throne of the Imamat in each century. In the present Imamat the final reconciliation between the Shia and Sunni doctrines has been publicly proclaimed by myself on exactly the same lines as Hazrat Aly did at the death of the Prophet and during the first thirty years after that. The political and worldly Khalifat was accepted by Hazrat Aly in favour of the three first Khalifs voluntarily and with goodwill for the protection of the interests of the Muslims throughout the world.

We Ismailis now in the same spirit accept the Khalifat of the first Khalifs and such other Khalifs as during the last thirteen centuries helped the cause of Islam, politically, socially and from a worldly point of view. On the other hand the Spiritual Imamat remained with Hazrat Aly and remains with his direct descendants always alive till the day of Judgement. That a spiritual succession to the Imamat makes the Imam the 'Ulu'1-amr Menkom always according to the Koran and though he has his moral claim to the Khalifat as well, always he can, like Hazrat Aly himself owing to the conditions of the world accept and support such worldly authorities as the Imam believes help the cause of Islam. Thus a final reconciliation without upsetting either Sunni or Shiah doctrine has been proclaimed always by me as the faith of all the Ismailis.

Source: Itehadrel-Islam, Otherwise Known as the Cultural, Religious, Economic Pan-Islamism, Pan-Islam Series no. 5, n.p., n.p.p., n.d., pp. 1—4.
The introductory note in the pamphlet ran:
"As Imam of the Ismailis H.R.H. Prince Aga Khan made two very important declarations for the unity of Islam to the Muslim world on the final reconciliations of the Sunni and Shiah doctrines as understood by the Ismailis."

Published in 'Agakhan III Selected Speeches and Writings of Sir Sultan Muhammad Shah', Edited by K.K. Aziz. Pg 1417
kmaherali

Re: Why so much confusion in Conversion?

Post by kmaherali »

balooshy1 wrote: Thanx and if i want to convert to ismailism so what i can do where to go and what is the procedure?
This topic has been discussed on several occasions in this forum. Just click on the link below for all the threads....

Customs and Traditions --> current procedure for converting to ismaili

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... pic&t=7505