GatPath ceremony

In this Forum you put small info of a couple of line, some info that is though provoking, like the Did You Know on the front page...
agakhani

GatPath ceremony

Post by agakhani »

Did you know?
That some other religions also have GathPath ceremony? These sects are BEEJ-MARGI sect, Shakt Sect and Imamshahi sect. Imamshahi sect still recite Dua same like Ismaili old D'ua written by Ismaili pir Sadardin and latter it was modified by pir Imamshah.
Last edited by agakhani on Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Ismaili Pirs have influenced a lot of religions. It is likely that many of our concepts and practices have overflown there. In particular Imamshhis are an offshoot of Ismailism anyway so they are bound to have similarities. I visited them in Pirana, in 1988 December and I had a chat with the Kaka [this is how they call their head] and he said they were studying the Fatimids as their knew that was the real origin of their faith.

Athias are another similar sect close to us with similar ginans. Ramdev Pir would be another example also, the sect has been studied by Dominique Sila-Khan....
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Also it should be noted that water is used as a symbol of purification in many religious traditions....
Admin

Post by Admin »

In fact I remember there was a thesis presented at Universite de Lille [France] on the symbolism of water in Islam.

Post by Guest »

Admin wrote:In fact I remember there was a thesis presented at Universite de Lille [France] on the symbolism of water in Islam.
Interesting, other Muslims also uses water from "ZAMZAM WELL" pilgrimage collect this water when they travel for "HAJJ"
Other than this, Jews and Christians also use holy water in church and Jews mosque.
Water also used in Hindu religion in many events so all the major religions uses holy water.