WHICH SURAH DOES NOT BEGIN WITH BISMILLAH?

In this Forum you put small info of a couple of line, some info that is though provoking, like the Did You Know on the front page...
agakhani

WHICH SURAH DOES NOT BEGIN WITH BISMILLAH?

Post by agakhani »

DO YOU KNOW THAT:-

SURAH # 9 NAME " AT-TAWBA" IS THE ONLY ONE SURAH IN QURAN THAT DOES NOT START WITH BISMILLAHIR RAHMANI RAHIM !!

Can any Ismaili.net reader answer why? I will post answer, if no response from readers.
Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a debate in Islam about the formula Bismilah hir Rahmn hir rahim. Is it part of Quran or not?

The Surah you are referring to was proclaimed by Allh to the Prophet and the Prophet [PBUH] asked Hazrat Ali to recite it the first to the people. History records that Hazrat Ali recited it without the Bismillah and the Prophet [PBUH] approved of that.

Am I right ;-)
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

There is a debate in Islam about the formula Bismilah hir Rahmn hir rahim. Is it part of Quran or not?

The Surah you are referring to was proclaimed by Allh to the Prophet and the Prophet [PBUH] asked Hazrat Ali to recite it the first to the people. History records that Hazrat Ali recited it without the Bismillah and the Prophet [PBUH] approved of that.

Am I right
We Ismailis always come up with good stories dont we :D

As per my view the reason why Bismillah is not be recited at the beginning is that.... it came with the sword (i.e. the command to fight the kuffaar) and it exposes the hypocrites and their foul deeds in a manner that is not unlike any other soorah, and this theme is repeated throughout Soorat al-Tawbah.

Plus Bismillahi Arahman Araheem means, in the name of God, most beneficent, most merciful.

An example is when we slaughter an animal, cow, sheep, chicken, etc. We don't say Bismillahi Arahman Araheem, because this isn't an act of mercy.

When slaughtering an animal we just say Bismillah wa Allahu Akbar.

We all know that allah[swt] is most merciful but what we forget is allah's punishment is bigger than anything that we know in this universe
Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many discussion on the subject in various site. There are sunni versions and shia versions. Mine was the Shia version.

what history says is recorded in various interpretation, for example this one:

"The first discourse (vv. 1-37), was revealed in Zil-Qa'adah A. H. 9 or thereabout. As the importance of the subject of the discourse required its declaration on the occasion of Haj the Holy Prophet despatched Hadrat Ali to follow Hadrat Abu Bakr, who had already left for Makkah as leader of the Pilgrims to the Ka'abah. He instructed Hadrat Ali to deliver the discourse before the representatives of the different clans of Arabia so as to inform them of the new policy towards the mushriks. " [http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 857AAWRKBL]
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Shiraz and Admin, You both are right,
Admin, I agree with you we can not find any solid and same rasons why this sura does not start with Bismillah from any web site or from any interpreter who made translation of Holy Quran, everyone says and they have their own reason.

ONE PLACE I FIND A STRANGE REASON WHY BISMILLAH IS NOT THERE IN SURAH AT-TAWBA ? BECASUE PROPHET MOHAMMAED FORGET TO MENTION IT!!!!! just a joke for you.

One place this reason is given that Surataul At-Tawba is a continues sura of Suratul Al- Anfaal, so Allah didn't use Bismillah, in other words these two suras are consider only one sura by many authors which some ulemas do not believe.

The interpreters and Quran experts ( Quran e hafez) (who can recite Quran verbaly/oraly) from Sunny and Shia also does not agrees with each others so it is hard to find true and acceptable reason from them as well, but we as a Shia Muslims, we should accept Shia's point of views and reason given by Shia interpreters and shia experts as per my understanding the reason is as follows.

Since surah At- tauba begins with harsh words against Munafiks (Kuffars) and against the hypocrites, the language used in in this Surah is very strong and very strict by Allah, who claimed himself as a Rahaman and Rahim in Quran and I think these two words has been used 166 times together in Quran, if Allah use Bismillah Rahmanir Rahim in this Surah At-Tawba then the words RAHMAN AND RAHIM comes which Allah didn't want to use because Allah wanted to shows them (Munafiks/hypocrites) that he also can be a JABBAR, DAAR, KAHHAR and BARR whenever time comes and whenever necessity arise to punish anyone, if they do not obey Quran's. therefore Almighty Allah avoided Bismillah Rahmanir Rahim.
RAI ABU ALI ALSO MENTIONED ABOVE REASON IN HIS ONE WAEZ# 877.
As per my habit, I do not force anybody to accept above reason as a true, correct and acceptable reason because there are many other reasons also there, accept one of them you think is right and correct for you. :lol: :lol: