A saint lives without food and water since last 70 years.

In this Forum you put small info of a couple of line, some info that is though provoking, like the Did You Know on the front page...
agakhani

A saint lives without food and water since last 70 years.

Post by agakhani »

DID YOU KNOW?

* That one saint from India name Prahladbhai Jani known as "Chundadiwala Mataji" is living without eating or drinking food and water since last 70 years?
Many doctors have been done medical tests on him but can not find any thing wrong in his body. What a strange gift from a Allah!!!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

I had posted the article below under "Amazing Stories"

Yogi who doesn't need food or water astounds scientists

Indian holy man didn't eat or drink for 15 days while under researchers' surveillance

By Rajesh Joshi, Agence France-Presse May 11, 2010

AHMEDABAD, India -An 83-year-old Indian holy man who says he has spent seven decades without food or water has astounded a team of military doctors who studied him during a two-week observation period.

Prahlad Jani spent two weeks in a hospital in the western India state of Gujarat under constant surveillance from a team of 30 medics equipped with cameras and closed circuit television.

During the period, he neither ate nor drank and did not go to the toilet.

"We still do not know how he survives," neurologist Sudhir Shah told reporters after the end of the experiment.

"It is still a mystery what kind of phenomenon this is."

The long-haired and bearded yogi was sealed in a hospital in the city of Ahmedabad as part of a study initiated by India's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the state defence and military research institute.

The DRDO hopes that the findings, which are set to be released in greater detail in several months, could help soldiers survive without food and drink, assist astronauts or even save the lives of people trapped in natural disasters.

"[Jani's] only contact with any kind of fluid was during gargling and bathing periodically during the period," G. Ilavazahagan, director of India's Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences, said in a statement.

Jani has since returned home to his village near Ambaji in northern Gujarat where he will resume his regular routine revolving around yoga and meditation.

He says that he was blessed by a goddess at a young age, which gave him special powers.

During the 15-day observation, which ended Thursday, the doctors took scans of Jani's organs, brain and blood vessels, as well as doing tests on his heart, lungs and memory capacity.

"The reports were all in the pre-determined safety range through the observation period," Shah told reporters at a press conference last week.

Other results from DNA analysis, molecular biological studies and tests on his hormones, enzymes, energy metabolism and genes will take months to come through.

"If Jani does not derive energy from food and water, he must be doing that from energy sources around him, sunlight being one," said Shah.

"As medical practitioners we cannot shut our eyes to possibilities, to a source of energy other than calories."

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/Yogi+doesn+ ... z0neDyBIy1
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Code: Select all

Thanks for the information but can you tell me how this strange thing can happen? is this possible? no food no drink!!! that is really amazing.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote:

Code: Select all

Thanks for the information but can you tell me how this strange thing can happen? is this possible? no food no drink!!! that is really amazing.
In his autobiography Paramahansa Yogananda discusses his encounter with a saint who lived without food and drink. In the discussion conversation it is mentioned how it is possible.

The link is at:

http://www.crystalclarity.com/yogananda/chap39.html

Highlights:

Dr. Wurz kindly offered to serve as interpreter. As we seated ourselves, I noticed that Therese was glancing at me with naive curiosity; evidently Hindus had been rare in Bavaria.

"Don't you eat anything?" I wanted to hear the answer from her own lips.

"No, except a consecrated rice-flour wafer, once every morning at six o'clock."

"How large is the wafer?"

"It is paper-thin, the size of a small coin." She added, "I take it for sacramental reasons; if it is unconsecrated, I am unable to swallow it."

"Certainly you could not have lived on that, for twelve whole years?"

"I live by God's light." How simple her reply, how Einsteinian!

"I see you realize that energy flows to your body from the ether, sun, and air."

A swift smile broke over her face. "I am so happy to know you understand how I live."

"Your sacred life is a daily demonstration of the truth uttered by Christ: 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.'"3

Again she showed joy at my explanation. "It is indeed so. One of the reasons I am here on earth today is to prove that man can live by God's invisible light, and not by food only."

"Can you teach others how to live without food?"

She appeared a trifle shocked. "I cannot do that; God does not wish it."
agakhani

What a coincident?

Post by agakhani »

What a coincident? I am reading this book "Autobiography of a Yogi" and I just read above chapter a day before yesterday.
kmaherali

Re: What a coincident?

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote:What a coincident? I am reading this book "Autobiography of a Yogi" and I just read above chapter a day before yesterday.
It is an excellent book, easily readable and yet contains profound insights from personal experience of a dedicated spiritual life in the 20th century. I highly recommend this book for anyone interested in spirituality. It is now available online at the link provided in my previous post in this thread.
agakhani

I have questions in chapter # 43

Post by agakhani »

Indeed it is it is very interesting books for spirituality this books also available 25 different languages besides English.
By the way I have few question in Chapter 43 The Resurrection of Sri Yukteswar.

1,Sri Yukteshwar is talking about the 'HIRANYALOKA" or illumined astral planet. I need more information about this planet.
My question is does all soul go in this planet whether they did good deeds in their lives or not, or very few people like Sri yukteshwarji only can go in this palner? According Sri Yukteshwar most souls do not like to go away from this planet because there is always peace there therefore they want to live as long as they can because they have all things available easily whenever and wherever they want it; they can travel any where they want to go even they can visit earth they can visit their relatives on earth, they can take birth whenever they want to???? in other words in Hiranyaloka there is always peace now my question is what about people who committed suicide or bad souls who didn't did any any goods and never believed in god? are they also goes there? or only good souls can enter in this wonderful and peaceably place?
2, Are there any other planet for the suicided soul and bad and devils souls?
3, Sri Yukteshwarji tell that souls loves to live there for long time , my question after this time over where these souls go?
4, Can soul take rebirth by his own choice or God give them new birth to them? I read a book name 'ENJOY OF A DEATH"'MRUTYU NI MOJ' in this book author wrote that any soul can take birth by his own choice, further more he wrote that souls can choose their own parents too!!!! WHICH IS AGAINST THE QURAN; IN ISLAM WE BELEIVE THAT ONLY ALLAH CAN GIVE BIRTH TO ANY SOUL BECAUSE HE IS 'AL-BARI'.
5, How many astral planet are there?
6, What is the God roll in this planet? there is no need of God because there is no control on souls; they are free! Where is 'LAKH CHORASI" cycle? as Pirs and many peoples believe in it? What about the 'KARMA'?
7, Are there any punishment for the devil or bad souls in this planet? I can not find word punishment in Sri Yukteshwarji's teaching to Sri Yoganand In Bombay's hotel after his death.
Your's and any other reader's comments and answer will highly appreciated.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

1,Sri Yukteshwar is talking about the 'HIRANYALOKA" or illumined astral planet. I need more information about this planet.
My question is does all soul go in this planet whether they did good deeds in their lives or not, or very few people like Sri yukteshwarji only can go in this palner? According Sri Yukteshwar most souls do not like to go away from this planet because there is always peace there therefore they want to live as long as they can because they have all things available easily whenever and wherever they want it; they can travel any where they want to go even they can visit earth they can visit their relatives on earth, they can take birth whenever they want to???? in other words in Hiranyaloka there is always peace now my question is what about people who committed suicide or bad souls who didn't did any any goods and never believed in god? are they also goes there? or only good souls can enter in this wonderful and peaceably place?
I dunno about reincarnation , but i think the planet which you are talking about is the reason behind creation of earth !.......The ancient samarians/mayans/ egyptians etc etc used to believe that the gods used to come from one star of galaxy......It might be the same one which you are describing right now !

Those who commit suicide their life is wasted period !!!! There is no second chance for those who kill allahs gift or creation !
2, Are there any other planet for the suicided soul and bad and devils souls?
Yes, Hell ...because god said in quran that there is a penalty for those who kill themselves
3, Sri Yukteshwarji tell that souls loves to live there for long time , my question after this time over where these souls go?
Im not sri.y , so i couldnt answer this question
4, Can soul take rebirth by his own choice or God give them new birth to them? I read a book name 'ENJOY OF A DEATH"'MRUTYU NI MOJ' in this book author wrote that any soul can take birth by his own choice, further more he wrote that souls can choose their own parents too!!!! WHICH IS AGAINST THE QURAN; IN ISLAM WE BELEIVE THAT ONLY ALLAH CAN GIVE BIRTH TO ANY SOUL BECAUSE HE IS 'AL-BARI'.
No, there is no rebirth in islam
5, How many astral planet are there?
Infinite !
6, What is the God roll in this planet? there is no need of God because there is no control on souls; they are free! Where is 'LAKH CHORASI" cycle? as Pirs and many peoples believe in it? What about the 'KARMA'?
what a stupid question brother !!! when you say god that itself answers your question....The role of god is universal dictator/king.....if he is worshipped as divine on earth then what makes you think that he is treated differently on other planets which are his creation :D
7, Are there any punishment for the devil or bad souls in this planet? I can not find word punishment in Sri Yukteshwarji's teaching to Sri Yoganand In Bombay's hotel after his death.
If they are creation of god i.e allah[swt] then their punishment might be the same as us[humans]....as god said in quran , life is a test....so he can test anyone he wants in any possible way !!!
your welcome ! :)
kmaherali

Re: I have questions in chapter # 43

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote: 1,Sri Yukteshwar is talking about the 'HIRANYALOKA" or illumined astral planet. I need more information about this planet.
According to my understanding of the chapter only those souls who have made progress in the astral world can reach "HIRANYALOKA". This region is the highest plane in the astral world and hence it is heavenly. In our tradition we are encouraged to rise even higher to reach the Origin.

I do not believe that people are condemned for ever. Everybody gets a chance to redeem himself/herself even in the astral worlds. That is the reason Sri Yukteshwar was sent to help souls in the astral world.

According to my understanding MHI purifies us through seva and ibadat and hence if a murid practices his faith properly, he can enjoy the experiences of the astral world in this life. Ismailis are ultimately guided to the Origin by the Imam in the physical and the astral world. In our Ginans we are told that he is the Master of the 14 Realms which means he takes us across all the physical and astral planes towards our Origin.
agakhani wrote: 3, Sri Yukteshwarji tell that souls loves to live there for long time , my question after this time over where these souls go?
They eventually return to the Origin.
agakhani wrote: 4, Can soul take rebirth by his own choice or God give them new birth to them? I read a book name 'ENJOY OF A DEATH"'MRUTYU NI MOJ' in this book author wrote that any soul can take birth by his own choice, further more he wrote that souls can choose their own parents too!!!! WHICH IS AGAINST THE QURAN; IN ISLAM WE BELEIVE THAT ONLY ALLAH CAN GIVE BIRTH TO ANY SOUL BECAUSE HE IS 'AL-BARI'..
According to the chapter souls are led towards rebirth depending upon their karmic tendencies.
agakhani wrote: 5, How many astral planet are there?.
As the artcile says many.
agakhani wrote: 6, What is the God roll in this planet? there is no need of God because there is no control on souls; they are free! Where is 'LAKH CHORASI" cycle? as Pirs and many peoples believe in it? What about the 'KARMA'?
Freedom is relative. The souls are relatively freer in the astral world than the physical world. However they are not absolutely free, they still require ibadat to purify themselves.
agakhani wrote: 7, Are there any punishment for the devil or bad souls in this planet? I can not find word punishment in Sri Yukteshwarji's teaching to Sri Yoganand In Bombay's hotel after his death.
There is purification and redemption of souls....
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

I dunno about reincarnation
Many peoples believe in reincarnation, now a days many peoples telling their experience of their past lives, so nobody can not denied that there is no incarnation; Many religions believes in reincarnation and LAKH CHORASI CYCLE: even in Quran reincarnation quoted 28 times but the most Shia/Sunny Aalims and Ulemas interpret it wrong, I asked one sunny Aalims in India same question, is there reincarnation in Islam? he replied me no, then I quoted one ayats to him in this ayats Allahtala says ( I do not know the Sura and ayats number right now but I can find out if you really want it) "You were dead and I gave birth to you, I will give you death again and give you rebirth again"( not exact words) this ayats is solid proof that there is a reincarnation in Islam. he told me that Allahtaala is referring the Qayamat day"day of judgement" when he will give rebirth every souls who passed away and waiting from their grave. What about other 27 ayats then I asked? he became quiet.
No, there is no rebirth in islam
I think my above explanation is the answer of your above comments.

what a stupid question brother !!! when you say god that itself answers your question....The role of god is universal dictator/king.....if he is worshipped as divine on earth then what makes you think that he is treated differently on other planets which are his creation
My above question was on the two books which I recently read in these books the authors writes that after the death souls( Hindus) can take rebirth as their own choice that is why I asked this question; if any souls can take rebirth by their own choice or will then there is no need of God. Of course I believe that Allahtala as a 'AL-BARI' is the only one who can give birth to any soul, I also believe that nobody else can take birth by their own choice. Of course I believe in God and of course we defiantly need him but when any soul can take birth by their own choice(as per Hindu philosophy) then I think there is no need of Bhagwan. Astagafirullah.

Thanks for your answer some answer are solid answer, however let me make clear here that all above questions were popes up in my mind after reading two books 'Autobiography of a Yogi' and 'Enjoy of a death'"Mrutyu ni Moj".