Hajj

Past or Present customs and their evolution
arlenebatada

Hajj

Post by arlenebatada »

I am an Ismaili Muslim and I have small question.
Can anyone tell me about Aayats from Quran-E-Sharif or any Hadith by which it can be said that by having Deedar of present Islamic leader (Prophet in the early period and Imam in the present period) is Equavalent to Hajj?

I know that having Deedar of Present Living Imam is same as going for Hajj, but my Non-Ismaili friends ask me a question that why don't you Ismailis go for Hajj? I tried to explain them that Ismailism is one of the sects of Islam like Sufism which believes in following the Batin interpretation of Quran. But I am not able to give them an appropriate answer.

Pls. help..
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

I think it is not obligatory upon Muslims to perform Hajj. They should perform only if they can afford it.

There has been extensive discussion around this topic in this forum under:

Rites and Ceremonies --> Hajj

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... opic&t=740

Rites and Ceremonies --> Facing Kaba'a

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... 58&start=0
Haysal

Post by Haysal »

kmaherali wrote:I think it is not obligatory upon Muslims to perform Hajj. They should perform only if they can afford it.

There has been extensive discussion around this topic in this forum under:

Rites and Ceremonies --> Hajj

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... opic&t=740
I think similar to our majilises not obligatory but can join only if one can afford it.
amer13

Affordable Hajj

Post by amer13 »

You can call anytime you wish. Trust me... If that person is in the middle of performing any Hajj ritual, he or she will not answer the phone and will not be able to hear the mobile ring. You can send messages as well, to let them know that everything is ok.
===========
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Arlene...as maherali bhai said, you can go on hajj if you can afford it !!....Just to let you know that even Mata Salamat [wife of 48th imam] performed hajj during her time
Haysal

Post by Haysal »

Mata Salamat was a muslim? an Ismaili?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Off course she was a Muslim lady and that is why she performed Hajj but she was not an Ismaili many sources says that she was converted in Ismailisma latter on but first she was an Ishanashari.
Last edited by agakhani on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Admin

Post by Admin »

agakhani wrote:Off course she was a Muslim lady and that is why she performed Hajj but she was not an Ismaili many sources says that she was converted in Ismailisma latter on but first she was an Ishanashari.
You are confusing with the previous Mata Salamat.

The Mata Salamat, wife of our Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah was never an Ithnashri.

She was amongst the first to do Bayat of the current Imam, Mowlana Shah Karim. so She became Ismailis at that time.

She was non-Ismaili Muslim during her marriage to our previous Imam.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

I am talking about the mother of Sultan Mohammad Shah, she was not following our tariqua and therefore she must performed Hajj
Please remember this there were 3 different Mata Salamats
1, Mata Salamat Sarkar ; she was our 44th pir
2, Mother of Sultan Mohammed Shah
3, Wife of Sultan Mohammad Shah.
Haysal

Post by Haysal »

This is news for me....Mata Salamat the wife of SMS was not an Ismaili throught SMS 's lifetime? I thought once married she converted. My cousin wants to marry a Sunni but his family is insisting that she converts so this has been dragging since 3 years so it is okay for him to marry a sunni?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Bhai "Haysal" or "Nuseri",

Let me ask you this?

Who told you that Mata Salamat i.e. the wife of Sultan Mohammad Shah never converted in Ismailism? MATTER OF FACT she did converted in Ismailism that is right brother ! but wait; I think you will not believe this so please look "Nooran Moobin" and if you still no satisfies then ask brother Admin, he already wrote in his one post that she was the first person who accepted SMS as an Imam.

Brother Admin is right, but the person who gives you this and many other false information for a example on ginans and on our pirs; is not right! may be not a true Ismaili and matter of fact I doubt about yourself too.

Any way; the mother of Sultan Mohammed Shah was once practiced on Ishnashri faith, that is true and it is written in our literature, but not the wife of SMS!! but never mind Mr. Nuseri! it Don't matter when you change your name from "Nuseri" to "Haysal" and you have doubt about our tradition and faith then it really not a matter at all; CAN YOU ask yourself this question; haven't you changed your name!!??? I know you will not accept this fact as many readers in this forum does!.
Haysal

Post by Haysal »

Admin wrote:
agakhani wrote:Off course she was a Muslim lady and that is why she performed Hajj but she was not an Ismaili many sources says that she was converted in Ismailisma latter on but first she was an Ishanashari.
You are confusing with the previous Mata Salamat.

The Mata Salamat, wife of our Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah was never an Ithnashri.

She was amongst the first to do Bayat of the current Imam, Mowlana Shah Karim. so She became Ismailis at that time.

She was non-Ismaili Muslim during her marriage to our previous Imam.

AGAKHANIBHAI,

I wrote in reply to what admin wrote please read carefully above he said " she was a non ismaili during her marriage to our previous Imam."
So you think I am non ismaili under aliases thats not for you to judge who is also under an alias name...specially calling oneself agakhani ...so are you trying to equate yourself to our Imam by having a similar name? But I do not judge you . You maybe so in love with our Imam that you view this differently and you have a right to your opinion.

But we are going away from this ques of arlene who started this post "Can anyone tell me about Aayats from Quran-E-Sharif or any Hadith by which it can be said that by having Deedar of present Islamic leader (Prophet in the early period and Imam in the present period) is Equavalent to Hajj?" so that she can reply to non ismailis

Even my ques was away from this topic - so admin you can delete it but at least give her an answer.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Stop it you 2....Agakhani bhai why dont you read and understand what somebody writes or posts before having an arguement with them ??

Admin said you got confused between the wife of sultan mohd shah and mother of sultan mohd shah.....I was talking about his wife and not his mother [which I mentioned clearly]

READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE GETTING OFF THE TRACK

You are my bestie on here agakhani bhai, I mean no disrespect to you but please read the whole post before writing stuff

And you haysal....The answer to arlenes question is already given by maherali bhai and I myself told her that one can go perform hajj if they can afford it...Some khojas are always upto making masaledaar stories like imam said NO you cannot go on hajj and so on but in reality our imam never issued a firman saying his murid cannot go perform hajj....Dont fall for these stories brother....Maherali bhai gave a very convincing answer to arlene, Please read it and understand it.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Stop it you 2....Agakhani bhai why dont you read and understand what somebody writes or posts before having an arguement with them ??
I Think my message was clear but let me clear it here one more time The mata Salamat i.e. the mother of SMS and wife of Imam Ali Shah (s.a.) respectively was an Ishnashri and she was celebrating Moharam too. FYI:- 1, if someone take it wrong then that is not my fault.
2, I heard in one waez that one family members of Hazar Imam, (he may be Prince Amyn Mohd Prince Sadruddin or some one else) onetime in a year goes for Hajj and that hajj also counted for entire Ismaili jamats.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

specially calling oneself agakhani ...so are you trying to equate yourself to our Imam by having a similar name?
Astgafiryllah, not at all brother 'ME TO IMAM KI JUTI JAISA BHI NAHI HU"
But for your kind information, in many part of the world Ismailis are also called as "Agakhani" that means followers of" Agakhan" not as or equate or equal to "Agakhan", keeping name as 'agakhani" doesn't necessary means that I equate or consider my self as equal to our beloved Imam. (astagafirullah again).