DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO WROTE MUNAZAT "AAJ RAJ MUBARAK HOV

In this Forum you put small info of a couple of line, some info that is though provoking, like the Did You Know on the front page...
agakhani

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO WROTE MUNAZAT "AAJ RAJ MUBARAK HOV

Post by agakhani »

DOES ANY ONE KNOW?

WHO WROTE FAMOUS ISMAILI MUNAZAT 'AAJ RAAJ MUBARAK HOVE"?

If you know the name of the author of this famous and well known "Munazat" please post it here but I don't think you know that because it is still unknown, so wait till next time for answer.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There is an article on Munajaat which can be referenced at:

http://www.ismaili.net/Source/mumtaz/munajat.html
agakhani

There is no name in it!

Post by agakhani »

It is difficult to be definitive about the name of its composer and its first recitation.
Borther K,

The above quote is from the same link you just provided above but as quoted above there is no name of the composer.

FYI, I already read that articles and many more on "MUNAZAT" before I post my question here, have you find the author's name in it? YES OR NO? if yes then please let us know and that was the my question, I didn't ask for the link.
Admin

Post by Admin »

I vaguely remember Abualy Missionary mentioning that it was someone from the family of Sayed Mustaq Ali Didar Ali who composed that particular Munajat.

I suggest you take seriously the suggestion of kmaherali and read the article again and if you know for sure the author of the whole work (one author suggest it is a work of several people) please put the answer here..
kmaherali

Re: There is no name in it!

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote:
FYI, I already read that articles and many more on "MUNAZAT" before I post my question here, have you find the author's name in it? YES OR NO? if yes then please let us know and that was the my question, I didn't ask for the link.
A.Bhai

I provided the link for background information for those who may not know what Munajaat is all about.
Admin

Post by Admin »

‘Jampu Dip No Sultan’, mentions that the munajat was recited during the didar at the Darkhana. The book also gives the names of the composers as Sayyad Mushtaqali and his father, Sayyad Didarali.

There is another articleby Sadrudin K. Hassam, Ilm magazine, Volume 11, number 2, July 1987, published by the Shia Imami Ismaili Tariqah and Religious Education Board for the United Kingdom referenced in Simerg.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Admin,
Yes, I know the name who composed the Munazar first, (however it has been changed many times since then like the actual word was "HINDI JAMAT" SULTAN MOHAMMAD SHAH E.T.C) I will deffinately post his name with the proof here, but wait couple more days may be some one else also know the name of that author who knows? THIS IS A TEST OF THE READERS FROM ME,BRO. so readers please come forward.

FYI, You have good memory, but not either Syed Mustaq Ali or his father Didar Ali wrote that , however their names has been mentioned in the source which I will post here latter on.
agakhani

"Syed Shamsuddin" the cousin brother of SMS wrote

Post by agakhani »

Rai Abu Ali in his one waez, waez # 829 made on 29th June, 1995 at Vancouver, Barnaby ( Darkhana) Jamat Khana gave credit to Syed Shamsuddin as a first time composer of this well known Munazat, he was cousin brother of Sultan Mohammad Shah (s.a.). and SMS wrote good comments towards him In his book "Memoirs of Agakhan".
Interesting readers should find above waez at any cost, because in this waez Rai saheb gave the unknown history of this Munzazat, why its was composed, who composed , who sung it first time, where it was sung, e.t.c.
According Abu Ali, he heard all these information from Syed Mustaq Ali (ADMIN GOOD MEMORY), who was present at that time when this Munazat was sung on
happy occasion of Imamat day celebration of SMS in Hasanabad, Mumbai.

SYED SHAMSUDDIN HAD 'SHAMSHI' TAKHALLUS/WRITER'S PSEUDONYM, WHICH WE CAN SEE IN THIS MUNAZAT, according the Rai Saheb.. read below.

"Shamsi" Jo Salavat Pada Kar
Marafat-Ki Khushiyali...

Ya Ali Teri Mubarak Badike Khatar,
Sayyad Karte Munajat..., "Sayyad was surname of "Syed Shamsudding"
the above two proofs ( Shamshi and Syed) which both appropriately suit to Syed Shamsuddin.

I will post another source tomorrow (which is also reliable source) but in this source composer's name is different, readers needs to decide which source is right.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

The second source is taken from a well known book name
"PIR PADHARYA AAPNE DWAR" PART -2 written by a missionary name ALIJAH ALIBHAI NANJI, this book is about all 'ISMAILI PIRS' and the 'SADATS' who composed Ismaili ginans, as per my knowledge this the only book available about Ismaili Pirs, so far.
In this book the author of 'AAJ RAAJ MUBARAK HOVE" is HAZARAT SAYYAD FATEHALI SHAH 'SHAMSI" who also wrote famous ginan "NAVROZNA DIN SHOHAMANA" ACCORDING THE AUTHOR.
Sayed Fatehali Shah was died near 1880 in Kathiavad, birth year is not mentioned in above book.( but let we assume that he lived 100 years then he must be born in 1780) the following paragraph is taken from same book:-

તે ઉપરાંત તેમણે એક મુનાઝાત પણ રચેલી છે, જે પણ ગીનાનના સ્વરૂપમાં
છે, અને તે હ. ઈમામ આગા શાહ અબુલ હસન અલી શાહ (અ.) ઈમામતની ગાદી ઉપર
બીરાજમાન થયા ત્યારે હ. ફતેહઅલી શાહ વગેરે સૈયદોએ સાથે મળીને મૌલા સમક્ષ
બાઅદબ પેશ કરી હતી, જેના બોલ આ પ્રમાણે છે,
'નૂરે ઐને અલીકું રાજ મુબારક હોવે,
શાહે આલે નબીકું રાજ મુબારક હોવે,
હોવે હોવેજી આજ રાજ મુબારક હોવે.

Question arise here are as follows:-
1, H. Imam Aga Shah Abul Hasan Ali was in Iran during the Imamat takhtanashini, why Syed Fatehali shah went there? and composed ginan in Hindi language rather than Persian (the native language) in Iran during the Imamat day celebration?
2.IMAM ABUL HASAN ALI (s.a) WAS BORN AND DIED between year 1143-1206/1730-1792.
2,As per the book Syed Fateh ali wad died in year 1880, If we guess that He lived 100 years then he should be born in 1780.00 when the Imamat day takhtanashini of Imam Abul Hasan was after 1730, so there is a gap of 40 years, which proves that he was not sung this munazat during takhtnashini celebration of Imam Abul Hasan shah in Iran.
3, It is possible that he sung this Munazat in huzur pur of pir Abul hasan shah in Mumbai, Pir Abul Hasan shah crowned piratan after the death of pir Shahbuddin Shah. Pir Abul Hasan Shah and Syed Fateh Ali shah were contemporary, so it is possible that he sung this Munazat in Hindi, however pir saheb only lived 6 months.
4,The first Iranian Ismailis came in India with our 46 Imam Hasanali shah in 1842 and Syed Fateh ali shah must be with them because there were no Iranian Ismailis in India before that.
5,As per my own thinking and understanding it must be printing mistake in above book, there are two names looks like and same one was pir the other was Imam but their time periods had big different, it seems that instead of Pir Abul Hasan shah by mistake it is printed Imam Abul Hasan Shah.
As I wrote above readers has to decide who composed the Munazat but in my opinion Syed Sahmsuddin is the author of this Munazat not syed Fatehali Shah, may be I am wrong any comments on my above opinions will be appreciate.
MR-FORGET

Post by MR-FORGET »

Great information,
Seems that u study hard 2 find out this information.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

shivaathervedi

Post by shivaathervedi »

On suggestion of Admin, I am asking the following question in this thread.
To Admin; Please remove the thread which you blocked on this subject to save the space.
My question is under which category 'YA ALI KHUB MAJALIS' falls;
1. Ginans
2. Qasidah
3. Munajaat
4. song
The confusion is, it is recorded in Ginan books published by Associations or ITREB of India and Pakistan. Also Lalji Devraj had mentioned in 50 Ginans published by him.
Regarding authorship of 'YA ALI KHUB MAJALIS' there are three names suggested in articles posted on Heritage, where as in Ginan books the name of Syed Fateh Ali Shah is mentioned. Whom to follow ITREB or researchers?