A WOMEN CLAIMED HERSELF AS PROPHET (!!)

In this Forum you put small info of a couple of line, some info that is though provoking, like the Did You Know on the front page...
agakhani

A WOMEN CLAIMED HERSELF AS PROPHET (!!)

Post by agakhani »

DID YOU KNOW THAT?

THERE WERE MANY PEOPLES WHO CLAIMED THEMSELVES AS A PROPHET DURING AND AFTER THE DEATH OF PROPHET MOHAMAMD (S.A.) BUT ...
DID YOU KNOW THAT ONE MUSLIM WOMAN NAME 'SAJAH BINT HARISH" ALSO PROCLAIMED HERSELF AS A PROPHET ONE TIME? BUT HER WRONG PROPHECY WAS ENDED QUICKLY.

Question:-

Does any one know, why there were no women prophet in history of Islam?

FYI:-
Apparently and not surprisingly Islam does not recognize any women prophets but in Judaism and presumably Christianity recognize some women as a prophets and their names were 1, Sarah, 2, Miriam, 3, Deborah, 4, Hannah, 5, Abigail, 6, Huldah and 7, Esther, but I don't know this is true or false because their names doesn't mentioned as a prophet in holy Quran.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Unfortunately agakhan never have the time to mention all this issues in detail but nevertheless lets see what Dr.Zakhir Naik has to say about this issues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRCmD3W4mU0
agakhani

What about women Imam???

Post by agakhani »

I watch that video but same old explanation and answer from Mr. Naik, nothing new from him same old story but in different way, by the way his English is little tough to understand, but thanks for sharing with us.

FYI:- Some books of Mr. Naik has been criticized by many scholars and some books has been baned.

What is your thought on WOMAN IMAM (!!) ? is this possible in Ismaili sect?
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

I watch that video but same old explanation and answer from Mr. Naik, nothing new from him same old story but in different way, by the way his English is little tough to understand, but thanks for sharing with us.
If Dr.Zakir Naik was to start a new religion he would attract more customers than any shia/sunni imam...why? Because this Mr.Naik has guts to challenge anyone [be it shia/sunni/christian/jew and so on] .....Dr.Zakir is the host and partly owner of Peace TV that has over 70 million viewers [5 TIMES MORE THAN THE WHOLE ISMAILI POPULATION] .....anyways coming back to the topic you said the same old story and same regular explanation ...what do you mean by that ?? Do you want somebody to write a special quranic verse in this matter ?? Or do you want some dead pir to rise up and write a ginan for you in order to satisfy you ??

The answer given by Dr.Naik was based on logic , Lets take an example of those who sit behind Ghatpat .....where i have come from i.e Hyderabad the kamadyani back then was a model....Those who used to go for dua karawi to her they used to admire her jewelry and kamadyani used to do the same....this kamadyani used to give more time to those who were upper middle class....used to call them behind the ghatpat to ask them where they stitched their clothes, where they got their jewelry from ....whens the next kitty party and so on....at the same time the mukhiyani who is super rich was more on a plain side....simple, affectionate and caring.

Now when it comes to mukhi/kamadiya there is no flashing or jewelry or anything like that....both the mukhi and kamadiya have to wear same clothes [white shirt and black pants] ....this way not only do the mukhi and the kamadiya promote simplicity but also set the trend for the future generation.....Do you think they are crazy to wear the same clothes again n again ???

Dr.Naik is right !!! .....A woman ruler/prophet is always weak ,not because its destined tht way but because of the womanhood.....When a woman is on her period[monthly cycle] she often have mood swings....same thing when shez pregnant....so my dear brother if you are feeling low or overexcited at times , how are you going to manage the ummah ?? :D

You always are anti muslim brother....when one muslim calls for unity you call ALI ALLAH , ALI ALLAH....and when one muslim ,if he calls you for a jumme ki namaaz you would ask him whether he is a shia or sunni 1st....because as per you ....shia namaaz is not good as it proclaims or call on 12 imams [which even the great sultan mohd shah did]

I know my comment would sound harsh to some but you have to be harsh sometimes when the person does not wanna agree with you on a simple logical issue and call it regular reply !!
FYI:- Some books of Mr. Naik has been criticized by many scholars and some books has been baned.
Brother our whole dua has been criticized and here you are talking about certain books of Dr.Naik ?? ....Lets just get over with this criticizing crap and appreciate the values and teachings of others !!!

Dr.Naik wasnt wrong when he said that all the males wont be able to focus on their prayers nor any other issues !!.....Unlike in our JK where we allow half naked woman to flash their hooters and do little catwalk aka modelling......Are we promoting our faith by this kind of act ??
What is your thought on WOMAN IMAM (!!) ? is this possible in Ismaili sect?
Impossible !!!! .....The day it happens make sure you find refuge with/in allah for imamat is carried out by male and not female.....If you see the female imam make sure you start your quest for true religion ;)

As mentioned in quran , human male has a duty or responsibility over the female.....isnt this clear enough ???
kmaherali

Re: What about women Imam???

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote: What is your thought on WOMAN IMAM (!!) ? is this possible in Ismaili sect?
Below are some of the statements by the Imam/institutions on the issue..

AM/FK: In Islam, as in Christianity, the role of the female has been
debated. There are people who say that they would like to see your
daughter, Princess Zahra, as the next Imam. However, tradition claims it
has to be the eldest son

AK: As far as I know, there is no Muslim community in history that has had a woman as Imam.

AM/FK: In that case, we can never see a woman as Imam?

AK: Absolutely not. However, women in our society are capable of
developing a leadership role. Zahra studied at Harvard, has worked in the
sense of helping to create capacities in various parts of the world. She
is the first woman in my family with a university education, and I would
hope that the future generations will refer both to men and women.

-- Paroquias de Portugal Interview, Antanio Marujo and Faranaz Keshavjee,
"The West should accept that Islam does not separate the world and faith"
(Lisbon, Portugal) 23 July 2008

----------------------------------------

Just as it was the prerogative of the Prophet to designate his successor,
so it is the absolute prerogative of each Imam of the time to designate
his successor from among his male progeny.

-- http://www.akdn.org/about_imamat.asp

JT: Ultimately, your turn will come to choose a successor, you have a
daughter and two sons, could it be a daughter?

AK: You know traditionally, historically it has been a man, the Imam keeps that choice to himself.

-- BBC Radio Interview, John Tidmarsh (London, United Kingdom) 17 July

(C) Succession of Imamat is by way of Nass, it being the absolute
prerogative of the Imam of the time to appoint his successor from amongst any of his male descendents whether they be sons or remoter issue.

-- The Preamble of The Constitution of the Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims
http://simerg.com/special-series-his-hi ... i-muslims/

MD & RB: You have two sons. One of them will succeed you, the other one
will not. Yet, as a father, you obviously want to treat these two sons as
equally as possible. What do you do?

AK: Well, during my lifetime, I will treat them absolutely identically.
They must have the same education, some exposure, same understanding of their father's work, I would not want to make any differentiation between them, any more than my grandfather made any differentiation between my brother and myself.

MD & RB: And your daughter?

AK: Obviously, though my daughter cannot be Imam, there's no reason that she should not be intimately involved with and contribute to Imamate
programs, particularly women's activities.

-- Life Magazine Interview, Margot Dougherty and Richard B. Stolley, ˜In
Him, East and West Meet" (New York, USA)
?? December 1983

ML: What was your reaction when you were told that Begum Salima had
delivered a baby girl?

AK: You know, I have been brought up as a believing Muslim. And if that is the way you have been brought up and that is what you practise, you accept that there are certain things in life which are given to you by Allah; it is His decision and no one else's. I wouldn't want you to think however, that I am unaware of my hereditary responsibilities. I would be absolutely thrilled to have a son.

ML: Is it possible for your daughter Princess Zahra to succeed you if you
don't have a male heir?

AK: No. It is not.

-- Standard Tanzania Interview, Mansoor Ladha, ˜Islam, The Most
Multi-Racial Faith" (Dar es Salaam, Tanzania) ?? November 1970
Last edited by kmaherali on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

You always are anti muslim brother....when one muslim calls for unity you call ALI ALLAH , ALI ALLAH....and when one muslim ,if he calls you for a jumme ki namaaz you would ask him whether he is a shia or sunni 1st....because as per you ....shia namaaz is not good as it proclaims or call on 12 imams
It is true that in ISHANSHRI MOSQUE THEY RECITES THE NAME OF THEIR 12 IMAMS IN WHICH SOME IMAMS WE ISMAILI DOES NOT ACCEPT AS A REAL IMAMS,THEREFORE I WOULD NOT GO IN ISHANASHARI MOSQUE.
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT HAZARAT HASSAN WAS OUR (ISMAILI) IMAM? DO YOU ACCEPT THAT THEIR IAMAM NAKI, TAKI OR ASHKARI WERE REAL IMAMS? I DON'T, you can go, it is totally up to you.

By the way Dr. Naik repeated the same story I heard from various Ulemas, Mullah, Muslim scholars and Muslim authors on woman prophets that is why I wrote that it is the same story, I thought he may give some reliable or acceptable reason but he didn't.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

By the way Dr. Naik repeated the same story I heard from various Ulemas, Mullah, Muslim scholars and Muslim authors on woman prophets that is why I wrote that it is the same story, I thought he may give some reliable or acceptable reason but he didn't.
Yes the same story that is based on logic.....If you see agakhan's comment which maherali bhai posted nowhere you would find a logical reason as to why a woman cannot become the imam.......whereas on other hand Dr.Naik did gave us a logical reason as to why there is no woman prophet/imam in islam

To each his own brother
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shiraz.virani wrote:.whereas on other hand Dr.Naik did gave us a logical reason as to why there is no woman prophet/imam in islam

To each his own brother
The only thing that I found logical was that the father is the head of family and hence a married woman cannot be the prophet, because she is under the authority of the male. Otherwise women are capable of full engagement in society as per quote below of MHI.

"I think the message of Islam, is the dignity with which we must treat women in society. Now, the notion of how that happens in practice, is very much a question of interpretation. But the basic premise, is the dignity and equality of women in society. And that goes right through the revelation of Islam, it goes to the tradition and the life of the Prophet, and the Prophet's wife, Khatija, was a woman who participated actively in daily life." [Innterview BBC 1997]
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Karim,

Thanks for posting various interesting articles on woman as an Imam, and Imam's explanation on it.