Which color was Prophet Mohd's favorite color?

In this Forum you put small info of a couple of line, some info that is though provoking, like the Did You Know on the front page...
agakhani

Which color was Prophet Mohd's favorite color?

Post by agakhani »

Did you know?

Anas ibn Maalik said, "The most favorite color of the Prophet Mohammad (S.A.) was 'Green"
alisa

Whic color was Prophet Mohammed's favorite color

Post by alisa »

Green color

Amir
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Green color
Yes Amir, that was green color which prophet Mohammad (PBUH) like most.

By the way I read your poems on and off, I like your one poem "Yeh hay dou azeem parindo(n) key kahani" this is very good poem.

I have question why are you addressing your poems to

"Ya Ali Madad Mukhi Saheb; Kamadiani Maa; and All Others "? just curious!.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

What is our imam's fav color ??...........WHITE ?

Btw the color green also represents LIFE ;) ....and if Im not mistaken the islamic flag was handed over to imam ali[as] by our holy prophet[saw] during one of the battles [khayber I think] whose color was GREEN :)
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

That may be right but what about our Imam's favorite color?

I am pretty sure not the black, because once Hazar Imam disliked black colored shock of a leader and that leader took off that shocks.

By the way are there any another reasons that Mowlana Sultan Mohammad shah (s.a.) didn't like black color and current Imam doesn't like black color?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

agakhani wrote:That may be right but what about our Imam's favorite color?

I am pretty sure not the black, because once Hazar Imam disliked black colored shock of a leader and that leader took off that shocks.

By the way are there any another reasons that Mowlana Sultan Mohammad shah (s.a.) didn't like black color and current Imam doesn't like black color?
There has been discussion on the issue of black coloured clothes at:

Rites and Ceremonies --> blak clothes ???

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... light=blak
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Thanks for the link.

Since this thread is also about the color let me ask you few questions here, if Admin wants to move these questions over there I will do that:-

1, Does anyone know which color our current Hazar Imam like?

2, If Mowla doesn't like black colors then why more than 50% jamati members wearing black suites, shocks, saris in North America?

Note:- The above question was unanswered in that link therefore I am repeating here, any answer for my question?

Be honest with you I am one of them, I am also wearing black suit on and off as most of American and Canadian Jamati members doing but are not we disobeying our Hazar Imam's farman? is there any printed farman regarding this?
Admin

Post by Admin »

I have seen Hazar Imam wearing both white suit and also black suit.

Nagib
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

I personally dont think that he dislike any color, and Nagib is right because we have seen imam in black suit on many occasions
AsadALLAH

Post by AsadALLAH »

I'll put in my 2 cents and open up this old thread.

Imam doesn't like the color black because he said it was a depressing color. That's why we don't wear black to funerals and according to Hazar Imam, when someone passes away, the soul is very happy and not depressed. It's EID for the soul to be united with his beloved. I guess that's why White is a pure color.

Also, when Imam Hussain was martyred, his enemies were dressed in black.

Another thing, Imam wears dark navy suits. I don't think he wears black. Maybe black shoes, but i don't think he wears black suits. They may look black, but they're probably not (Camera and lighting may change the color) I remember we had this picture of Hazar Imam and Begum Salima and and one side of Hazar Imam's suit was much darker then the other side. Than again how about a tuxedo?

I remember my Father telling me that one time Hazar Imam told a Jamati Mukhi that he was wearing black socks. The Mukhi immediately took them off. I don't think majority of Ismaili's know about not wearing black in Jamat Khana. This was more of our parents generation and has not been brought up again and no recent firman on not wearing black to Khane. My Father also mentioned that if you wear black to Khane, angels will not sit beside you...or something like that.