Did Hazar Imam ever perform an exorcism?

Discussion on doctrinal issues
lalania

Did Hazar Imam ever perform an exorcism?

Post by lalania »

I was told by a friend that Hazar Imam performed an exorcism in 1991. Is this just a rumor or is it true?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Are you referring to the incident that took place in Dar es salaam? I have heard about it as well. I will write more on exorcism later.
shamsu

Post by shamsu »

Have you not seen the Name of Hazar Imam perform exorcisms all the the time?
kmaherali

Exorcism by Isa Nabi

Post by kmaherali »

And in the synagogue there was a man, which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God."

And Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Hold thy peace, and come out of him." And when the devil had thrown him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not.

And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, "What a word is this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and the come out." And the fame of him went out into every place of the country round about. -- Luke 4:33-39

Paramahansa Yogananda interpreting the above verse of the Bible in his book "The Second Coming Of Christ" explains the phenomenon of possession by "tramp souls" as following:

"As people walk in sleep or cry out during a bad dream, so, during the sleep after death, unclean spirits move about in the ether crying out for relief. Often they try to get hold of some passive bodily vehicle through which to express their agony and pent-up wickedness. As a sleepwalker does many strange things, so these ghostly sleepwalkers engage in many strange antics. But they can never infest brains occupied with intelligent thinking, or people with strong will power or vibrations of spiritual perception. That is why one should never make the mind negative, or blank, in order to open oneself to messages from disincarnate spirits. This presents an ideal opportunity for possession by low-type tramp souls seeking human vehicles for expression and experience."

He then goes on to describe how a sinful person got possessed by a "tramp" soul and how Isa Nabi exorcised it as following:

"Like attracts like, so the possessed man in the synagogue, by the attraction of his own sinful vibration, drew unto himself an unclean spirit. Jesus, possessing the universal Christ Consciousness, could feel exactly what was going on within the body of the bedeviled man. And the unclean spirit, through the intuition of its astral body, could feel the power of Jesus. (Astral-bodied souls perceive through the sixth sense of intuition; but they can use it to perform the functions of vision, audition, smell, taste, touch, and so forth.) The unclean, wicked spirit kept the mind of possessed man in a state of suspension, neutrality, and sub-hypnosis of obsession, so that its victim's instruments of consciousness - senses, brain, and body - could be used without interference. A possessed individual may or may not be unconscious within his spirit-controlled body, just as a person under hypnosis may manifest the unconsciousness of sleep or the superficially normal state of the obsessed conscious mind. The unclean spirit saw Jesus through the eyes of the possessed man, and used his voice to cry loudly: "Let us alone; do not deny us freedom of expression, be it good or evil."...

Jesus did not want the unclean devil, in its irritated state, to do harm to the brain of the obsessed man. If possession by unclean devils or disembodied souls continues for long, great mischief is done to the brain, mind, and sense organs of the possessed individual, posing a threat of he advent of permanent insanity. By his life controlling will power, Jesus spoke: "Hold thy peace and come out of him." That is, stop the devilish work of wrecking possessed brains; hold on to the inner peace of the soul, hidden behind the dark barrier of self-created past evil propensities, and restore again your right behavior by coming out of the body you have forcibly and unethically occupied.

It requires strong concentration and divine will power to dislodge an evil spirit. If one has dynamic spiritual force, the entity can be thrown out by constantly looking into the eyes of a stricken individual, using steady, silent will power continuously, inwardly commanding the evil spirit to leave. The entity will depart provided the will of the healer to drive the evil force out is stronger than the latter's will to remain.

By the repeated whisper of "Aum" in the right ear of a possessed individual, the evil spirit is bound to leave. Tramp souls,having wandered out of the dark lower astral regions, cannot stand the high vibration of spiritual thoughts and consciousness. The utterance of holy names and words, especially Aum, Aum, Aum, into the ear of possessed individuals usually brings forth a quick, frightened reply from the individual like: "I am going; don't utter that holy word," which indicates spirit possession.

Jesus, drawing power from the Cosmic Aum Vibration, commanded, with his Aum-impregnated voice, the devil to come out of the body of the afflicted individual. The devil, unwilling to obey Jesus, fought against the powerful vibration. This created convulsions in the body of the bedeviled man as the powerful Cosmic Current vibrating within him tried to dislodge and shake out the intruding spirit. At last the evil entity came out of the body violently, leaving the man limp and shaken but not hurt, unable to harm him due to the intervention of the divine Christ Jesus. The people who beheld this casting out of an unclean spirit were in awe of the sovereign authority in the word of Jesus, which even demonic entities were constrained to obey - adding far and wide to the renown of Jesus."
karim

Post by karim »

<P>Where can I find more details o&shy;n the specific exorcism cases handled by our imams?<BR><BR>Thank you.</P>
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There are interesting anecdotes about Ismailis possessed by jinn and how they were saved at:

http://ismaili.net/source/jampudipnosultan.pdf

[38]
Imam is the “manifestation of wonders” (mazhar al-ajaib). It is the title of Hazrat Ali and all the Imams in his descent are the manifestation of wonders. In the life of Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah, countless wonders and miracles took place, which are beyond description. Nevertheless few such wonders have been mentioned below. These were published in 1931 in the “Ismaili” magazine by Abdullah Karmali:-

1] Mukhi Hussain Rashid of Gwadar related that in the beginning, we used to travel from Gwadar to Bombay by ship. Once during our voyage, there was a high tide and I was sitting near the ship&#8223;s sail, whose rope suddenly broke and its whole cloth hit me and then fell into the sea. I saw that one person took me from bottom and dragged me towards the ship. The captain took my hand and put inside the ship. The captain said that he had seen the person who dragged me from bottom. He was your Pir, your Imam.

2] In Gwadar, once a jin (devil) entered into the body of one Ismaili woman. When it was learnt to one another Ismaili man, he remembered the Imam and recited Nad-i Ali and took out the jin from her body. The jin said that, “Brother, I am going. We know that your Murshid (guide, Imam) is powerful. I also believe him. This woman was sitting in sad, therefore, I entered into her body.” On that juncture, my friend Khuda Bux asked, “Do you know the Aga Khan? The jin replied, “Yes, of course. We remember him by uttering Nur-i Mubin (Apparent Noor), and I live in Kandhar. My vehicle is parked behind your house.” Khuda Bux again asked, “When you will leave?” The jin said, “At about 12.00 pm” Then, it was 12.00 pm, the jin departed and the woman once again came into her previous condition. This jin talked in Indian dialect.

3] There was a person called Lalu, who was possessed by the jin. Huzur Kamadia Bande Ali Hashmani recommended to tie Lalu and hit him with hunter and jin will leave his body. When it was done, the jin said, “Kamadia Saheb, don&#8223;t beat me. I am your friend. In Darkhana Bombay, I have sipped holy water before the Imam with you. Don&#8223;t you recognize me? I was sitting in Ibadat when this person (Lalu) urinated upon me and as a result I entered into his body. Now I leave him. Tell him to seek forgiveness in the Jamatkhana.” Lalu thus sought forgiveness in the Jamakhana and was relieved from the danger of jin.

4] Mukhi Muhammad Piru said that, Once I had gone to a shrine, where I was late to return. When I came out from the shrine, some 100 boys surrounded me. I feared as I had never seen such boys ever in my life. They came out from a mountain one by one near a cemetery. One among them told the boys, “Why you afflict the Mukhi. He has the keys of the office of the Jamatkhana in his pocket and his time is due to go there. If you give him trouble, his Murshid (guide) will put you all in the flames.” In the meantime, they all ran away and I reached Jamatkhana in time.
5] Remu Pir Muhammad, the father of Ghulam Hussain related that once he left his house for the Jamatkhana in midnight. Suddenly, he saw a fierce and fearful person on his way. Fire was coming out of his mouth. Remu Pir Muhammad began to remember the Imam. That fierce person said, “O&#8223;man! If your Murshid (guide) was not a powerful, you as my prey would have been devoured. Anyhow, you go to the Jamatkhana.” When Remu went, that person was laughing.

6] Abdullah Karam Ali related that two days before the marriage of Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah, one Ismaili called Essa Muhammad came under the influence of the jin in the hotel. I was there and the jin talked into Arabic. In presence of other Ismailis, I asked him following questions:-

a) What is your name? He said, Mabeta.
b) Where do you live? He said, In Mokbasa.
c) Imam is going to marry in France. Is this a true report or not? Because the newspapers published this report as correct and other as incorrect. What is your opinion?

He said, None can know the secrecy of the Imam, therefore, don&#8223;t ask me about him and we are disallowed to speak about him. Our tongues are locked to disclose his secrets. You will know correct news within few days. Never ask me such question ever again.

Then, I asked him few questions about Hussain Varas Muhammad, which he replied me in detail. Then, I told him (jin) to please relieve Essa Muhammad and go away. Have mercy upon him. After an hour, the jin left his body. Later, Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah gave Essa Muhammad a taviz (amulet) in Karachi and told, “Keep it with you. Don&#8223;t misplace it.” Essa Muhammad said that the taviz unfortunately was misplaced, resulting the coming of the jin in his body and distressed. As long as the taviz was in his possession, there happened nothing wrong with him and when it was displaced, he had to face grievances. Essa Muhammad was actually converted to Ismaili fold by Varas Muhammad Remu.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

An Exorcism Charm Attributed to &#703;Al&#299;
In Ibn &#7788;awwus’s muhaj al-da&#703;wat wa minhaj al-&#703;ibada

The article can be accessed at:

https://www.academia.edu/36022157/An_Ex ... card=title