Matam

Past or Present customs and their evolution
shahnazrajwani

Matam

Post by shahnazrajwani »

Dear Friends, Brothers and Sisters...
As Hazir Imam always says that we all must understand our faith.
And for that we all must know the history, Ginans and Imamat activities..
Shukhar Hamdullilah, We all are doing best .. in all respects. I believes..

I just want to know, that The Shia Ishnasari's matam..!!

From when its starts, the beginning year.. !! Who was the first people and from where its belongs from which state...

As per my knowledge and information, what i read from history that,
It was not before Imam Jaffar Saddiq's period. It was a political move by
Abbasi against Uumweye Chalpat, and Kufi people was used for these..

But I m not confirmed please give me information related to this, with references from the books..

Hope I will get my reply soon,
if any one knows about it...

Yours sisterly,
Ya Ali-Madad.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

From when its starts, the beginning year.. !! Who was the first people and from where its belongs from which state...
As per my thinking it was started right after death of Hazarat Imam Husaain (s.a.) in year 680 AD during the time of Abbasi caliph Yazid.
Imam Zainul Abidin (s.a.) and Sayeda Zainab (Imam Hussain (s.a.) sister) began mourning and start to give Khutba (speeches) against the Yazid palid and Ibn ziyad but after the Imam Jafar Sadiq (s.a.), Ishanshari separated from Ismailism and they started to gave more importance to Matam/Tazia or mourning and therefore many scholars believes that mourning was started after the death of Imam Jafar Sadiq (s.a).
Some scholars also believes that it was first started in 12 the century in Iran, any way this information is as per my own knowledge may be some one have more detail about matam.