JK in Washington DC?

Activities in your jamats including posting of announcements

JK in Washington DC?

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know if there is a JK in DC and, if so, where?

Luqman
unnalhaq

Re: JK in Washington DC?

Post by unnalhaq »

Anonymous wrote:Does anyone know if there is a JK in DC and, if so, where?

Luqman
There used to be one in an office building on Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA. I am not sure if it is still there but you can check with the AKF office in DC, here is the address:
Aga Khan Foundation, U.S.A.
1825 K Street, N.W.
Washington D.C. 20006
Phone: (202) 293-2537
tasbiha

JK in Falls Church

Post by tasbiha »

There is small JK in Falls Church VA, as of a year ago. I don't have the exact address but I know how to get there. Take Route 7 west toward Tysons Corner, Route 7 is called Broad Street in Falls Church. Watch out, it's a speed trap - 25 mph. Make a right at N. Washington Street (you'll see a jewelry store on the right corner, that's where you turn). About half mile down, right after the funeral home, there is a small office building on the right. Across the street is an auto repair.

They have/had services at 7 pm every night. First floor, south side of building with all the cars parked at 7 pm. NO FLAG, NO SIGN. Very sad.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=jZ ... name=&qty=
tasbiha

Post by tasbiha »

Route 7 = Leesburg Pike = Broad Street, and other names. It is not unusual for streets to have several names, and numbers, in northern Virginia.
unnalhaq

Re: JK in Falls Church

Post by unnalhaq »

tasbiha wrote: They have/had services at 7 pm every night. First floor, south side of building with all the cars parked at 7 pm. NO FLAG, NO SIGN. Very sad.
I am glad to hear from you. There is a funny thing you said about the Flag. I am very big on both of my flags! care to guess? But anyways, I visited Sugar Land, TX JK in early '03, I had seen 4 flags in the Ismaili Meg when The Imam Visited at the opening, but when I was looking for the JK and obviously first thing I look for is the old glory (for armatures it the American Flag) but nothing on the First Colony Drive. I did end up asking a Jameti Leader about the 4 flags, and what happed to them? And how come the 4th flag pole is gone? But I don’t remember the answer, I am sure it was the company line. It was Wednesday when I had first visited there and after JK services as I left I had a silent prayer to the Lord that next time I visit I wanna see the flags! I was going to return on Saturday that weekend. On Saturday morning I headed for the beach, when I turned on the radio I found out the shuttle had come apart! Guess what that night the 2 flags were up! The Old Glory and the Lone Star (Texas State Flag)! It is funny how quickly they for get and how quickly they remember.

jamatkhana washington

Post by Guest »

washington jamat khana falls under north east council
tel 718 478 5594
or
national iterb
tel 2819804747

hope you find jamatkhana address

Bohot Shukrya

Post by Guest »

<P>I live o&shy;n Lee Hwy, so this is very convenient.</P>
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

I am looking for the most updated information on jamatkhanas in Washington DC. Is there one in DC itself or are there only one(s) in the suburbs, eg, Arlington, Virginia, Alexandria? Thanks.

I am also at easynash@sympatico.ca

jamat khana in Washington DC

Post by Guest »

Ya Ali Madad,

Someone asked about Jamatkhana in Washington DC,

In fact there is a Jamatkhana in Falls church, VA which is called Washington Meropolitan, only Khana for Northern VA and Washington DC, Jamats. The Dua timing is 7:30 week days, 8:00 fridaynights and 6:30 weekends. If you want to know how to get there I will be happy to provide you the phone number and direction.

There is another Jamatkhana in Richmond, VA also which I have no add or phone number to provide you.
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

Thank you.

Yes, could you give me the phone no. and directions.

ya ali

Post by Guest »

Here is Jamatkhana's adresse.

500 North Washington st
suite 100 falls church, va

ya ali

Post by Guest »

I totally forgot to give you the direction. sorry

it depends on you which way you choose to get to Jamatkhana.

you can get route 7 or toll road, the easiest is toll road and it is,

Take toll road toward 66 East, go straight when you enter 66 East

take exit (69 Washington blv Lee highway) in your right. Stay on

your right lane, the first trafic light, turn right and stay on your very

left lane you'll pass another traffic light.

You' ll see a break 3 probably 4 story building in your left , turn left

you'll find jamatkhana, jamatkhana does not have any sign .

in the building entrance khane is in your immediate left.

I hope you find Jamatkhana with no problem.

Post by Guest »

Thanks a million.
I really appreciate it.

hi

Post by Guest »

You're most welcom
Fazlin

Post by Fazlin »

Does anyone know if the address posted above and JK times are still valid? I'm planning on visiting DC soon and wanted to know if the JK in Falls Church is accessible by metro since I won't have a car and will be staying in the city. Is the JK walking distance from a metro stop? Thanks.
kforkarim

The address is valid

Post by kforkarim »

You can stop at East Falls Church metro stop. From there it is quarter a mile to JK. If you google at the map, you will get to know how to reach there.

Ismailia Cultural Center
500 N Washington St
Falls Church, VA 22046
(703) 536-8386

Thats the working number for JK, so in-case you don't know how to reach there, just call at the number before the dua time, I am pretty sure there will be someone available to pick you up from JK.

In-case you have any problem let me know.
Admin

Post by Admin »

The jamatkhana in Washington DC has moved to a new location. This
jamatkhana covers the jamat from Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington
DC. The jamatkhana has moved from 500 N. Washington St, Falls Church VA to
following new location:

7704 Leesburg Pike, Suite 2000
Falls Church, VA 22043