How many times Hazarat Ali (s.a.) mentioned in Quran?

In this Forum you put small info of a couple of line, some info that is though provoking, like the Did You Know on the front page...
agakhani

How many times Hazarat Ali (s.a.) mentioned in Quran?

Post by agakhani »

Does any one know how many times Hazarat Ali (s.a.) mentioned in Quran?

According many Shia scholars 300 times!! wherever you find the word ULIL AMRA' in Quran, that ayahs implied to Hazarat Ali (s.a.)
Last edited by agakhani on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Does any one know how many times Hazarat Ali (s.a.) mentioned in Quran?

According many Shia scholars 300 times!! wherever you find the word ULIL AMRA' in Quran, that ayahs implied to Hazarat Ali (s.a.)
:lol: ....Does one of the names of Imam Ali[as] is Ulil Amr ??....Ulil Amr is the general term used for those who were the rulers, caliph, ministers, vazir etc etc and not limited to Imam Ali[as] only

For ex: Pharoah was the ulil amr[vested with authority] of most of the egyptians ;)
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Shiraz,

I, thought you will sure oppose it, but that belonging is not mine brother Hazarat Abuzar Gafari, Hazarat Ibn Abbas, Imam Bakir (s.a.) and many other Suhabas and Shia Scholars think that there were 300 ayahs reveled on Hazarat Ali (s.a.) but if you don't agree with them then it is fine with but.....
As long as I concern, I collected 40 different Quranic Ayahs which are directly implied to Hazarat Ali (s.a.), not necessarily by name as 'Ali' but with the events and those events were totally related and connected to Hazarat Ali (s.a.). and both Shia and Sunny scholars are also agree on that. do you want me to put it here?
Ulil Amr is the general term used for those who were the rulers, caliph, ministers, vazir etc etc and not limited to Imam Ali[as] only
I think "AMIRUL MOAMEEN" is being used for rulers, caliph, minister e.t.c.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Yes you're right when you said "according to shia's" .....However the term as I said is not limited to Imam Ali[as] only....because if you read that aayat one more time its says if you differ in the matter then refer it to allah

O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the messenger and those of you who are in authority; and if ye have a dispute concerning any matter, refer it to Allah and the messenger if ye are (in truth) believers in Allah and the Last Day. That is better and more seemly in the end.

So if people think that their so called Ulil Amr [Imam Ali] according to you is not just then refer the matter to allah[swt] or his messenger[saw] because "those who are vested with authority" may or may not commit any mistake....Dont forget even they are mortals just like us ;)

Now I know you would say rasool[saw] is not present with us physically but Allah[swt] is ....got it ?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Shiraz,

Please visit the link below you will find 17 different Quranic ayahs, which are related to Hazarat Ali (s.a.).

http://www.imamhussain.net/Prophet0/Pro ... Quran.html

and if you still need more as I wrote that I have 40 ayahs please let me know.
MR-FORGET

Post by MR-FORGET »

According many Shia scholars 300 times!!
Wow!! good to know, but if that many ayahs implied to Hazarat Ali (s.a.)in Quran then why Sunny and other Muslims brothers do not give much respect to Mowla Ali and only consider him as Prophet Mohammad's Suhaba?
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Ulil amar can not be any xyz ruler or Muslim caliph. According to our interpretation of faith, Ulil amar is Imam of the time.

As for Quranic verses, there are people who read Quran and then say that there is not a single verse about Imam Ali in Quran, whereas some people reading the same text of Quran find so many verses related to Imam Ali.
If some one reads with the eyes of faith, with Imaan one can see Mowla Ali is mentioned not only in Quran but different other religious scriptures as well.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

If some one reads with the eyes of faith, with Imaan one can see Mowla Ali is mentioned not only in Quran but different other religious scriptures as well.
Munir,
Can you share in which other religious scriptures we can find Hazarat Ali?

I share one here for you :-

Some Muslims find Hazarat Ali in Hindu word "ॐ " please look carefully Hindy 'OM' symbol,
you can see clearly half moon on top of word 'om' (an Islamic symbol of moon) and half word of Arabic word 'ALIF' if you turned it over or up sight down. .
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I think in all existing religions of the world.

According to book Majalis and Tasbihat by Kamaluddin and Zarina, Hazrat Muhammad said to Hazrat Ali “O Ali! You were with all the prophets in batin but are present with me in Zahir.”

Hazrat Ali said “Isa Ibn Maryam is a part of me and I am part of him… He is the witness testifying to the mysteries and I am that of which he testified.” (Source: Cyclical time and Ismaili gnosis by Henry Corbin)

As for the word Om, just few minutes back I had written about it in the topic of meditation. According to Hakeem Syed Mehmood Gillani (Non Ismaili Shia Muslim) the word Om means Hazrat Ali. He has provided different evidences in this regard. He has mentioned this in book "Om aur Ali". In another book "Aeliya" he has mentioned about Hazrat Ali in different religious scriptures including Bible and Buddhist scriptures. He has written that Hazrat Dawood and Hazrat Suleiman also mentioned Hazrat Ali in their prayers. Raam had also made prediction about Hazrat Ali. Ali is mentioned even in the books of Japanese. Both the books I mentioned are in Urdu language.
Most of the things which are mentioned in this book are also said by Bahadur Ali missionary in his waez in Gujarati language. He had made waez on occassion of fast of Shah Mowla, in which he has given details of Krishna predicting about Hazrat Ali in his prayer before battle of Mahabharat, as well as details in Buddhist accounts. Missionary has not only narrated his interpretation, but has also mentioned the sources of his information while giving evidences. I think, the waez is available in heritage website. Besides this waez on Shah Mowla Roza, there is also another waez of Bahadur Ali missionary in which he has mentioned about different Prophets mentioning name of Hazrat Ali in their prayers such as Hazrat Adam and Hazrat Noah. I have forgotten the topic of Waez, as I had heard it long time back. But I think, you can search it on heritage website. It is in Gujarati and I hope you will be able to find it.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

I have forgotten the topic of Waez, as I had heard it long time back
Munir,
Thanks for the detail.
I also heard that waez of Bahadurali rajan couple of times, it is a good waez on Hazarat ali (s.a.), and what other religions say about him.

The topic of that waez is Hazarat Ali in this waez there is a Krishna Benti every one should listen that waez of read the book which has been written by a Hindu author the detail of that book is below:-

Book Name: "Krishna Benti: "कृष्ण बेनती"
Author Name:- Pundit Ramdhoon
Language: Hindi
Year published:1939
place pullished:- Delhi.
I don't know it is still available or not.