Process of getting a hindu guy in ismaili faith

Discussion on R&R from all regions
nadiyapatel9

Process of getting a hindu guy in ismaili faith

Post by nadiyapatel9 »

Ya Ali Madad.

I hope this forum can advice me.

I have some medical issues regarding my back since 7 years and due to which rarely any ismaili was ready to marry me and I never wanted to spoil someone's life without telling the truth. I used to stay with my sister and her husband as my parents expired a decade ago.Doctors said if i get married I will not be able to start normal family life and will have complications while planning . My relatives were getting matches with ismailis who were handicapped/divorced.

Decided to forget everything and went onto start a new life, so went to UK for furthur studies. Here met a hindu guy who was ready to accept me as i am even after discussing my health conditions. He respects islam and is ready to convert into an ismaili now. Due to visa conditions we had to get married in india under hindu marriage act, bringing him into ismaili faith during that phase would have taken a long time He does not have any obligations for getting converted. Can some one please advice me about the process, whom to contact and i do not have any relatives here except my uncle( he is the one who wanted me to get married to a divorced man and he is not aware of my marriage because he wud have created a scene about it).

Thanks
Nadiya
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

You may find the following thread helpful.....

Customs and Traditions --> convertin to ismaili

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... conversion
nadiyapatel9

Post by nadiyapatel9 »

Hi Ali,

Thanks for ur quick response,
I did had a look on those links, but couldn't find the exact approach. My main concern is will there be any obligations as we already got married and secondly do i need to contact mukhi saheb, tariqah board or council..
M.Ghulamali

Post by M.Ghulamali »

Hi Nadiya

You would need to contact Council or Tariqa Board for understanding conversion process.

Rgds
Mohsin
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

He respects islam and is ready to convert into an ismaili now. Due to visa conditions we had to get married in india under hindu marriage act, bringing him into ismaili faith during that phase would have taken a long time He does not have any obligations for getting converted.

According to my understanding, a Muslim womCouncil or Tariqa Boardan cannot marry non Muslim. First and foremost you must follow direction of Ismiali priests. If it is going to take time then you will be better off making him at least a Muslim and then wait to make him a Ismaili Muslim and accepted member of your Jamaat. It is easy to make him Muslim. Have some Muslim adult ask him to recite Shahada then do Nikah. It is easy any Muslim Kazi, Imam or Man can do it.

Then you can wait for Council or Tariqa Board to make him Ismaili.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

ZZnoor,

Do you think we Ismailis are not Muslim!!??, brother we are Muslim first then Ismaili second we have same Sahada, i.e “there is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah”. also we have same Kalima we also believe in Shirk and Tohid same like other Muslims beleives.
By the way, for your kind information let me tell Ismaili Board and councils has already admitted many non-Muslims in Ismaili sects around the world before and they were non-Muslims, but now a days Tariqya Board and Councils are not very enthusiastic in converting non-Muslims in our faith. They converting some but very few,due to close relation with Council and Tariqua Board members I know the reasons for that, there are many reasons behind this slow motion but sorry I can't disclose these reasons here.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Sister nadiya...first of congratulations in advance !!

Now coming back to the issue that you're facing , I totally agree with zznoor....see the thing is its not that easy to become an ismaili muslim, there is this process that you have to go through and that includes memorising the holy dua etc etc....so its gonna take a little time, ok ??

In the mean time if marrying him as per hindu tradition and custom is a must then go right ahead and do whats good for you both....Once that is complited, you can approach any kazi/mullah saheb and inform him that your hubby is willing to accept islam and wanna get married as per islamic customs [you know even in ismailism we got few new rules in nikah which are closer to shariah]...so what this mullah saheb is gonna do is process your request of marriage to WAKF board that is a muslim body in india and in return they will issue you a marriage certificate.

So marry him as per hindu customs...but you'll register your marriage through a mullah i.e WAKF board in India that is after your hubby coverts to islam.

I hope this helps sister....Once again congratulations and dont even think that you'll face any problems in your life....Allah[swt] is all hearing and knowing and insha allah you'll have sunshine in your life...ameen !!!
Last edited by shiraz.virani on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Oh and I forgot to mention that any marriage be it shia ismaili, sunni, insha shari and whatever, is registered in the WAKF office only !!

So dont think that the marriage certificate that you gonna get is gonna be different than other ismailis living in India....ITS ONE AND THE SAME :)
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

agakhani Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:57 am

My response is in Bold

ZZnoor,

Do you think we Ismailis are not Muslim!!??, brother we are Muslim first then Ismaili second we have same Sahada, i.e “there is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah”. also we have same Kalima we also believe in Shirk and Tohid same like other Muslims beleives.

I have never said or insinuated that Ismailies are not Muslim. Just saying Shahada makes you Muslim at minimum level. As per Qur’an and Sunnah, to be Muslim without any labels you need to fulfill 3 more requirements. 4th one is not binding for those who cannot afford it.

By the way, for your kind information let me tell Ismaili Board and councils has already admitted many non-Muslims in Ismaili sects around the world before and they were non-Muslims, but now a days Tariqya Board and Councils are not very enthusiastic in converting non-Muslims in our faith. They converting some but very few,due to close relation with Council and Tariqua Board members I know the reasons for that, there are many reasons behind this slow motion but sorry I can't disclose these reasons here.

No comments

Read Sister Nadia’s post:
Decided to forget everything and went onto start a new life, so went to UK for furthur studies. Here met a hindu guy who was ready to accept me as i am even after discussing my health conditions. He respects islam and is ready to convert into an ismaili now. Due to visa conditions we had to get married in india under hindu marriage act, bringing him into ismaili faith during that phase would have taken a long time He does not have any obligations for getting converted.
She is already married to a non Muslim under a non Muslim ceremony. All I said is that, a Muslim lady cannot marry a idolater and since it is going to take her some time to make him Ismaili Muslim then she must make him Muslim and perform Nikah. It does not make difference who performs it.

Salaam Brother
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

zznoor,

Thanks for your decent reply.
Shiraz,
you can approach any kazi/mullah saheb and inform him that your hubby is willing to accept islam and wanna get married as per islamic customs
Why do you advise her to approach Kazi/mullah saheb when she already told her intention to convert her husband in Ismailism? Ismaili sect is also a prat of 73 Islamic different sects.
Can you tell me this, if I wants to convert in Hinduism(Astagafirullh, I don't have any intention in conversion but I just giving you my example for better understanding) then which main Hindu religion you will refer?, same way you just suggested Islam to Naida! brother Hindu religions has more then 300 different sects but their main religion is disappeared and nobodies knows where is their old sanatan/satpanth/original religion now a days!! does it still exist or not? so as per your suggestion to Nadia, if I can't find original Hindu religion then I can't convert in myself Hinduism!!! that is not right.
To me if some one recite Kalima then he/she automatically becomes Muslim and this according Shariya.
There are not big differences in Ismaili Nikah and Kazi Nikah , Kazi recites in Arabic and while Ismailis reciting in English language but Nikah is Nikah it is a just a agreement between two parties[/b]
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Why do you advise her to approach Kazi/mullah saheb when she already told her intention to convert her husband in Ismailism? Ismaili sect is also a prat of 73 Islamic different sects.
Yes, but to become an ismaili muslim it takes time...Its not like the other 72 sects that if you say sahada you become ismaili...You have to do a bayyat and this ceremony takes time as the person who is trying to become ismaili has to prove the council that he/she can recite our dua and so on....as you yourself said that this process of becoming an ismaili takes time !!
Can you tell me this, if I wants to convert in Hinduism(Astagafirullh, I don't have any intention in conversion but I just giving you my example for better understanding) then which main Hindu religion you will refer?, same way you just suggested Islam to Naida!
Ok I want you to go back and read my post one more time....What I said was, becoming an ismaili muslim takes time so in the mean time she can atleast get her husband under the unbrealla of Islam...teach her the basic tenants...What is wrong with that ??
brother Hindu religions has more then 300 different sects but their main religion is disappeared and nobodies knows where is their old sanatan/satpanth/original religion now a days!! does it still exist or not? so as per your suggestion to Nadia, if I can't find original Hindu religion then I can't convert in myself Hinduism!!! that is not right.
I have no idea what you talking about bro !!
To me if some one recite Kalima then he/she automatically becomes Muslim and this according Shariya.
Really ?? Our mukhi saheb here in sugarland JK did the bayat of my newborn son ....He did not make us recite the kalima !!!

So since neither mukhi nor us[parents] recited the kalima, does that mean my son is not an ismaili ??

Faith is not that somebody chants something and becomes something.....faith should come from the heart !!
There are not big differences in Ismaili Nikah and Kazi Nikah , Kazi recites in Arabic and while Ismailis reciting in English language but Nikah is Nikah it is a just a agreement between two parties
Yes and in order to get married as per ismailism she'll have to wait for months if not years...so in the mean time she can marry as per the islamic law [since their is not much of a difference] and find peace !!
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Really ?? Our mukhi saheb here in sugarland JK did the bayat of my newborn son ....He did not make us recite the kalima !!!
Congratulations for your new born baby.

By the way Bayat is different then Kalima, the person who takes bayat is giving promises to the imam of the time to obey his farmans but during the times of bayat you don't need to recite kalima.

About Kalima we Ismaili recites 3 times in Jamat Khana daily and even more during different majlises, Don't you think reciting kalimas more than 3 times in JK are not enough?