ginan on roza (fasting)

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
avrozmaredia

ginan on roza (fasting)

Post by avrozmaredia »

can anyone please list any ginan on roza?
I want to prove someone that roza in tariqah is compulsory.i am not talking abt moharam roza..
Admin

Post by Admin »

There is 10 kinds of batini roza mentioned in one Granth named Man Samjani of Pir Shams I think.
avrozmaredia

Post by avrozmaredia »

Can you give me link of ginan?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

As per my understanding you wont able to find any particular ginan on the subject of 'ROZA' but you can find some roza stories in SATVENI NI VEL" composed by Syed Nur Mohammad Shah, the son of Syed Imam Shah; and from a great granth "Man Samjamani" of pir Shams, however there are many ayahs in noble Quran on roza.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Is Satimah roza or what we call now as Shah Mowla roza mentioned in any of these granths which you mentioned?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Munir,

I think Avroz is talking about the 'ROZA' fasting which all Muslims keeps in month of Ramadan because there is no Moharam roza in my knowledge.

By the way as you mentioned above does 'SATIMAH ROZA AND MOWLA NO ROZO' mentioned in Ginans?

The exact wroding for satimah is ' SATYA MAH"
Satya: means seven
Mah: means month; staya mah rozo:- means the rozo comes on seventh day of every month NOT satima a Hindu devi.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thanks for correcting. I want to ask has Pir Shams mentioned the Ramzan fast in Man Samjamni or some other fasts? I asked for Satya mah fast because according to Abu Aly missionary as per oral traditions it was introduced by Pir Shams. Also fast of Shukarvari beej is mentioned in ginans of Pir Shams. So which fast is mentioned in Man Samjamni?
Admin

Post by Admin »

It only talks of the 10 different kind of Roza, like Roza of the eye, Roza of the tongue etc...

It does not talk of Ramzan etc...
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thanks for the information
erumsuleman

Post by erumsuleman »

star_munir wrote:Thanks for the information
The fasting in ramzan is compulsory on ismailis bkz it is mentioned in buj nirinjin.Moreover we ismailis have to keep 52 rozas in a year which are 22 more than the rozas which other muslim brothers keep these 52 rozas are mentioned in great detail in the granth man samjani
Admin

Post by Admin »

The shariati fasting of Ramazan was abolished on 8 August 1164 when on the 17th of Ramazan at noon, the Imam invited the World Jamat's representatives to Alamut and broke the fast with a grand feast, jamanr where they had barbecued lamb and other goodies. The fasting of Ramazan was replaced by a 365 days spiritual fast.

There is a discussion already in the Forum on the Farman of the Great Resurrection and various interpretation. Please read first.

As to Buj Nirinjan, there may be 4 paragraphs with a shariati content added in later versions as the Granth with an otherwise strong spiritual content and was also later used by non-Ismailis. I believe there is some discussions on Buj Nirinjan in the Forum here and there but we will open a thread soon to discuss the Buj Nirinjam issue separately.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

erumsuleman wrote:
star_munir wrote:Thanks for the information
The fasting in ramzan is compulsory on ismailis bkz it is mentioned in buj nirinjin.Moreover we ismailis have to keep 52 rozas in a year which are 22 more than the rozas which other muslim brothers keep these 52 rozas are mentioned in great detail in the granth man samjani
It is a matter of interpretation. The verse in Buj Niranjan (Verse 33) states:

jo nafsaaniyat ku(n) naakhe
sab rozhe ramzhaan ke raakhe......................................1

When a person gains control over his/her lower self(nafs-e-amaaraa), he/she indeed is to be regarded as having fasted the whole month of Ramadhan.

That is the only mention of Ramadhan fast in the entire Ginan corpus that I know of. No other Ginan or Granth mentions it. Perhaps as the Admin says, it could have been added....
Admin

Post by Admin »

We will be posting a detailed study of the Buj Nirinjan early January 2015 on ismaili.net Forum and Granth section.
erumsuleman

Post by erumsuleman »

Admin wrote:We will be posting a detailed study of the Buj Nirinjan early January 2015 on ismaili.net Forum and Granth section.
I want to post a presentation on this website will u help me how can i d o this
Admin

Post by Admin »

send it to heritage@ismaili.net and if it fits into this website, it will be posted.
kmaherali

Re: ginan on roza (fasting)

Post by kmaherali »

Man Samjaañi Moti - Couplet 314 (Baatuni Roza) - Farida Karmali

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjv12d7HcjQ

*Das roja batuni kahiye -* with taawil of Imam Mustansir Billah II (s a.s). – in (Pandiyāt-i Jawānmardī, transl. Ivanow, 37 - (whatever I could find🤲🏽)

*Awal roja seer ka kahiye* - _fasting of the head -_ The fast of the head means to treat one’s own head with the same humility as the feet of other people, casting out from one’s head the lust for superiority, greatness and pride, because greatness and superiority are only suitable to the all-great substance of the Truth (Ḥaqq), who is eternal, and the King of the Authority _& ablution of the head is to accept Imam’s farman;_

*Duja roja chasam daari -* _2nd fast is of the eyes -_ The fasting of the eye is that he must not cast covetous looks at women who are not lawful to him & _Ablution of the eye is to see the didar of the Imam"_

*Trija roja naak no vaari -* _3rd fast is of the nose_

*Chotha roja mukh ku dije* - _4th fast is of the mouth_ Fasting of the mouth means to only consume from that of which _maal-e-waajbaat (dasond)_ has been given

*Paanchma roja jabaan ka kije* - _5th fast is that of the tongue_ - The fasting of the tongue is to avoid is to avoid uttering abuse or slander & the tongue must be kept from uttering lies. There is no greater lie than the denial of (the existence of) the Imam, saying that he has disappeared. - _Ablution of the tongue is to keep it always in the remembrance of the Imam;_ must be kept from uttering lies. And there is no greater lie than the denial of (the existence of) the Imam, saying that he has disappeared.

*Chataa roja kaan na kahiye* - _6th fast is of the ears -_ The fasting of the ear is that he should abstain from listening to slander - _Ablution of the ear is to hear the words of the Imam;_

*Saatma roja dilna kahiye-* _7th fast is of the heart -_ The fasting of the heart is to keep it free from doubt

*Aathma roja nafas ka jaano* - _know that the 8th fast is of the soul_

*Nomaa roja haath pichhaano* - _recognize the 9th fast is that of the hands -_ The fasting of the hand is to _keep all one’s limbs away from treachery_ so that they may not do evil - Ablution of the hand is to give bay’ah (oath of allegiance) to the Imam of the time;

*Dasma roja paaun ka dharie* - _the 10th fast is that of the feet_ - The fasting of his feet is to hold back from wrong steps - _Ablution of the foot is to walk on the path of the Imam and according to the farman;_

Thus, a mu’min (believer) should keep all his body parts in a state of fasting, so that he may not be a wrong-doer (zalim)”