Imam El Mansour Bellah and Dajjal

Whatever happened during fatimid times
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

Salam to All

Any historical or religious information on Imam Imam El Mansour Bellah fighting Dajjal?

Who was this Dajjal?
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Excellent question sister zznoor !!!

Dajjal = Abu Yazid Mikhlad bin Kedad

This Abu Yazid was a kharijite and enemy of fatimid imams..He was the one who lead the attack on fatimids by joining hands with BERBERS [people of north african descent] during the time of Hazrat Imam Al Qaim[as]..He terrorized the kingdom, launching an all out revolt against the Fatimids in 332H. He conquered many important towns, including Qairawan and reached all the way to Mehdiyyah, where Imam Qaim[as] was. Here, he reached upto a certain point and could go no further...There is this story that says that the arrow of Imam Mehdi(as) reached[that particular spot in the past], earmarking the furthest advance of Dajjal. Imam Mehdi(as) had prophesized that Dajjal would be unable to advance further than where his arrow had landed.

Imam Mansur (as) ascended to Imamat after the demise of Imam Qaim (as). The passing away of the Imam was kept secret from all including family members, due to the critical situation. Imam Mansur(as) himself set forth to free the land of the Khariji menace Dajjal. He routed dajjal soundly in Susa and drove him back to Qairawan and further. The Imam (as) was warmly received by the people of Qairawan who had suffered greatly at the hands of Dajjal. The Imam(as) personally gave chase, engaging with Dajjaal in several battles. During one engagement the Imam was left all alone save for twenty five men. The guard who held up the parasol[umbrella] for the Imam (as) closed it in fear of pinpointing the location of the Imam(SA) to the enemy. Imam Mansur (as) commanded him to reopen the parasol, he recited the Takbira and launched a massive attack scattering the enemy left and right.

Abu Yazid [dajjal] and his army was finally defeated in Moharram 336H in the mountains where they had entrenched themselves in the fortress of Kiyana. Dajjal was taken prisoner and brought before the Imam(as). The Imam(as) informed him, "Your fate will be worse than death, for I will keep you alive to see the glory of Aale Mohammad (SA) so that you may burn with envy". He was pensioned and kept by the state. When he died he was stuffed like an animal and kept in a cage with monkeys. His cage was taken from town to town so that the people that he had tortured and tormented could see his end, and rejoice that they had been freed of this evil scourge at the hands of Imam Mansur (as).

This my dear sister was the DAJJAL...Hope I answered your question
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

And after Imam Mansur[as] defeated the evil forces, he was given the title of Amir ul Mumineen Imam Ismail al Mansur Biamrillah(as).

The Imam, having brought peace to the region, worked on strengthening the dawat, and appointed Syedna al Qadi al Noman as chief justice. The seat of the dawat had been moved from al Mahdiyah and affairs of state were being conducted from the city of al Mansuriyah.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Shiraz,
Who will be that dajjal then? that Dajjal will have only one eye and his skin color will be yellowish? he will come from behind the mountain!!?? before the Zahurat? doesn't this kind story mentioned in either Quran or in Hadish?
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Shiraz,
Who will be that dajjal then? that Dajjal will have only one eye and his skin color will be yellowish? he will come from behind the mountain!!?? before the Zahurat? doesn't this kind story mentioned in either Quran or in Hadish?
Agakhani bhai one eyed devil need not necessarily have to have one eye, It might not be in a physical sense ....It might be a hint or something ...Like if you pick up a US dollar bill you gonna see an eye on a pyramid.

Hadith - Bukhari 9.237, Narrated Abu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established

(1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine [According to me I think its gonna be shia and sunni]

(2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Apostle,

(3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of religious scholars) [This we can see at present times where people go to JK for modelling instead of praying]

(4) earthquakes will increase in number [Again its a fact !!! The number of quakes have doubled since the past 10-12 years]

(5) time will pass quickly,

(6) afflictions will appear,

(7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase,

(8) till wealth will be in abundance--so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it,'

(9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, [By high buildings I think it meant ALL THE DIKHAWA]

(10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place,'

(11) and till the sun rises from the West.

So when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah said,) 'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith.' (6.158) And the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it."
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

If we are to go by the hadiths then @ above hadith is clear when our rasool[saw] said there would be about 30 dajjal's who would claim to be the apostle of allah[swt]....Which means there is more than one dajjal
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Does Dajjal mentioned in Noble Quran? I think it is mentioned but I don't know in which ayah.

The one eye Dajjal may be allegory, I didn't mean that the dajjal will be one eyed but I read some where that he will be one eyed and his skin will be yellowish.

In ginans it is also written that there will be thousand and thousand dajjal, in my opinion anybody who trys to change the iman is Dajjal. One Molwi Saheb told that t.v. is also dajjal t.v satani charkha hai, I don't know it is true or not but some t.v. programs are not good to watch that is for sure.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I agree with Shiraz, in Ismaili history Abu Yazid Kharjee is referred as Dajjal. He is also referred as "Saheb-e-Hamar" the man on donkey as he used to ride on donkey.
Though he was defeated by Imam Mansur, but he was enemy of Ismailis and Imam for long time. One of the reason of people calling him as dajjal might be this that he was opponent of Imam Mehdi. Enemy of Imam Mehdi = Dajjal.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

1, Who will Yajooz and Majooz then? will they have any connection with Dajjal?

2, Who will Dabatul Ardh? will this be a human being ( Dajjal) or animal?
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Yajooj and Majooj as well as Dajjal are all signs of the time before Qayamat as per hadiths. Dajjal = Daet Kalinga (as mentioned in Ginans). As far as Abu Yazeed Kharjee is concerned, he was called as "Dajjal" by the faithful Ismailis of that time because he was opponent of Imam. So people had thought opponent of Imam Mehdi can be interpreted as Dajjal. This does not mean that Dajjal as mentioned in hadith (or Daet Kalingo as mentioned in Ginan) will not come in future.
Dajal was just a title given to Abu Yazeed by Ismailis. Just like if some one does evil acts we say that "he is devil" but that certainly does not mean that person is Iblees which is mentioned in Quran.

btw few days back I had sent you an email but did not receive your reply. Have you got it?