qaseeda an understanding

Discussion on Devotional lit.
nuseri

qaseeda an understanding

Post by nuseri »

dum huma dum ALI ALI dum huma dum ALI ALI.
This is the flagship qasida of many for around 20 million Ismailies.
If we try to interpet at tariqat level(rational sense).dum mean breath(which get silent),hum means ourselves.so we get zikr of ALI ALI,wHICH IS ZIKR OF MARIFAT. This qasida is quasi ibadat to start with.
when a imam or pirs say,it DEFINATELY has a baatIn meaning.
Dum ali,means Iam living in ALI,Hum ALI.means i am one with ALI(if said by pir) and ALI himself,if said by Imam.it beautifully defines Asal mubarak me wasal and concept of Fanafiallah.
I am SURE within my heart that this qasida is composed by our belevod Imam Shams al din also known as Shams tabrizi.
if a innocent child of 5 year in Badhakshan recites this qasida,he r she is dailling the right number Of ALI in heart all the time,sooner rather than later benovelent father has pick up the fone n answer it.
mordern day saying goes as ,well begun is half done and first time right.
I have an opportunity today call the right number fast or seek the number from via sources like shah,swami,satguru,moula etc to reach ALI.
I am ending with one line from ginan
Ahmed ALI ALI boliya,peche honi hoi so hoi ree peche honi hoi so hoi ree
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

I am SURE within my heart that this qasida is composed by our belevod Imam Shams al din also known as Shams tabrizi.
I am not sure who wrote the above Qasida "Dum Huma dum Ali' but I am pretty sure that Shams Tabrizi was not Ismaili imam.

For your Information :-There were three different Shams contemparary during the time of Shams Tabrizi:-

1, Imam Shamsuddin Mohammad (s.a.) son of Imam Allauddin Mohammad(s.a.)
2, Pir Shams Sabzwari ( Ismaili Pir)
3, Shams Tabrizi Murshid of Jalaluddin Rumi. he was great dai and sufi mystic and he had written many books but he was not Ismaili Imam.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

It was Imam Shamsuddin Mohammed.

AAM RAS KI KHUSBOO AUR ZAIKE KA MAAZA LUTOO.
USKI GUTLI AUR CHILKE KIS JAAD SE GERE,KOI MAINE NAHI
RAKTHA AUR USKI BE FIZUL BEHAS KA KOI ARTH NAHI
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

our belevod Imam Shams al din also known as Shams tabrizi.
Now you are changing your own words, please read above quote in this quote you ( by your self) wrote that Imam Shams al din also known as Shams Tabrizi , no brother who told you that? that is totally wrong.
these two individuals were totally different persons; one was our Imam when other was just Dai same like Nasir Khusaru even he was not an Ismaili pir.

In my opinion a small mistake can make big different, so I draw your attention about your mistake. remember this Kabhi kabhi aam khatta bhi hota hai!
There is a big different between reaped mango ( paki hui aam) and not reaped aam ( kacchi aam) ; reaped mango remain always sweet but not completely reaped mango some time very sours and bitter. سمجنے والوکے لئے اشارہ کافی ہے.
Admin

Post by Admin »

There were 3 people named Shams Tabriz, all living at around the same period, one was Imam Shamshuddin Muhammad, the other was Pir Shams and the third was Shams Tabriz the master of Rumi.

Rumi was not Ismaili but Shams Tabriz was. He wrote many Qasidas.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Thks admin for wonderful input.I am a Sufi, but not a historian.
your team are stalwarts,truly haqiqi fidaai in time of remergance of Fatimid era.
Ali needs services of momin at tariqat,haqiqat n marifat level.
Ali bless your team.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

There were 3 people named Shams Tabriz, all living at around the same period, one was Imam Shamshuddin Muhammad, the other was Pir Shams and the third was Shams Tabriz the master of Rumi.
Absolutely right and thanks for backing me please read my below quote in which I already cleared this:-

Code: Select all

For your Information :-

There were three different Shams contemparary during the time of Shams Tabrizi:- 

1, Imam Shamsuddin Mohammad (s.a.) son of Imam Allauddin Mohammad(s.a.) 
2, Pir Shams Sabzwari ( Ismaili Pir) 
3, Shams Tabrizi Murshid of Jalaluddin Rumi. he was great dai and sufi mystic and he had written many books but he was not Ismaili Imam.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

MARA HUM JAAN HUM JAANAN ALI BUDH.
TERI SURAT E KURAN ALI BUDH.
This beautiful qasida composed by revered Dai of Bdakshan say;
YOU ARE MY LIFE AND MY BELEVOUD ALI MY LORD.
I HAVE FULLY UNDERSTOOD THE KORAN AND I JUST SEE YOUR FACE IN IT ALI MY LORD.

HAR DUM MOULA MAARA,DEEDAR MAHE REHEE JO JEE.

This is one of my favourite Ginan.
Both are PURE doses of marfat.a
I see ratio 90:10 blogs on this FORUM: ginans visavis qasidas.
We Khojas are a little stubborn(ziddi) child of Moula ALI.
Anything non gujarati ,we frown upon it.
We are to follow what Hazar Imam says today and not fully on what past Imam has said 110 years back.
I will sign off with
AHMED ALI ALI BOLIYA
PECHE HONI HOI SO HOI REE
PECHE HONI HOI SO HOI REE
Admin

Post by Admin »

I don't think Khojas are more stubborn than others. i have travelled the world and in each communities and each religions there are people of all sorts so generalization is not appropriate.

As of Farmans of past Imams, they are Farmans of the Present Imam.

In matter of Farmans, distinction is not made according to which Imam pronounced them. Farmans come from the same Noor.

A Farman made in 1999 by the present Imam may have been abrogated with new directions from the Present Imam few months later in the same year while a Farman made by Imam Alazikrihi-Salam may still be valid because no Imam has even contradicted it. So would it work with Farmans of Imam Ali or those of any other Imam, before or after Him.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

LADLAA BACHAA THODA(LITTLE) ZIDDI HOTA HAI,KYO KI MA BAAP USEE BAHUT PYAR KARTE HAI.

I have used the word 'little' you are right, it is an universal observation.
Imam gives a Farman looking at the ruhaniyat,material status and circumstances of jamaat and the region(country) they reside,laws of the region and the status of the Imam at THAT TIME N PLACE.
As History show Imams were rulers,kept low profile,acted as a preacher.
For example 120 years back for khojas, reading of Quran in Arabic may have bought sunni influence or reading of persian devotional litreture could get one into Shia(12er) influence.
What the Imam desire today is different.
Maximum firkas (sects) have taken in Shia history on overealing and fullest faith on that Imam sayings of that time.
As this is a sensitive topic,my point of view may hurt someones sentiment.My sincere apologies on it.