Hindi Movie 'Oh My God'

Current issues, news and ethics
nuseri

Hindi Movie 'Oh My God'

Post by nuseri »

This Hindi movie got released few week back.
It is worth watching.
It shows weakness of hindu kriyas and pratha (rites n ritual).
In the end the hero on order of God breaks the Shariat (religious law).
It is not a true story,nevertheless it exposes the ground reality of rites n ritual and monies enjoyed by portly priest n saints of the temples.
I really enjoyed the movie.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Movie dekh kar bhi kuch nahi samjhe BABA NUSERI ??.....The movie is not about a hindu customs and rituals only....Its about believing in almighty\

Just like you chant ali allah, ali allah day after day [without any understanding]....there are people [our hindu brothers] who chant hare ram, hare krishna day after day without any understanding of the concept of god ;)

If you have seen the movie, the religious groups who claim to represent God on Earth and speak on behalf of him, they are answerable for his aka gods actions.....Now since you have a habit of accusing other religions why dont you look into your own mirror ??.....Who forgives your sins man ???...Where do you do your TOBO TOBO and why ??... If during a deedar if MHI says I forgive your sins does that mean its the almighty who is forgiving your sins ?? huh ??

The moral of that movie was not to degrade any religion period but to make all the human beings aware that almighty is anywhere and everywhere...God does not want you to go to some mandir, masjid or jamatkhana [pay cash] and repent....All these places today are used for socializing thats all !!

Have you seen the very last scene of that movie ??? In the last scene as he [paresh rawal] reunites with his family, he finds god's key chain on the ground. When he is about to secure it inside his jacket, hears Lord Krishna's voice, telling him not to start believing in idol possession and to get rid of the key chain. Paresh smiles & throws it away in the sky....Lets see what people like you do after the so called holy deedar....when the carpet where MHI walked on is auctioned people line up as beggars to buy a piece of that carpet go home and put it up on their home wall or shops thinking that it might bring them some luck..They dont even lets outcasts to touch it and make sure the 1st thing they do when they wake up is to rub their hands on the carpet where MHI walked on and inturn rub that hand on their face....Same thing goes with the pictures of MHI....If thats not idol worshipping , what is it ???

Im not advocating or abusing any religion...All the religions may be 100% real brother but its the customs or rituals that are man made....I hope you'll grow up and stop critisizing other faiths

Always remember my friend....GOD DOES NOT NEED ANY RELIGION BUT ALL THE RELIGIONS NEED GOD.... that includes your ALI ALLAH religion as well :)

http://tanqeed.com/forum/my-favourite-s ... oh-my-god/
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Shiraz's answer is quiet right it all depend on devotee what they think and believe when saying Rama,Krisna,Allah or Ali.
Thanks for the decent answer, I do not watch hindi movies and for this movie I don't need to because shiraz already gave short summary beautifully and which is great ,looks like I am seeing that movie and Paresh Raval is throwing away that locket, good discrtion Shiraz
Admin

Post by Admin »

I disagree. I do not believe in Idol. I look at Hazar Imam's photo and I bow to his Noor. I do not bow to a piece of coloured paper. I look at the carpet he has walked upon and I bow to the Noor of Imamat and kissing the carpet I heart says "Oh Lord of my soul, accept my devotion and respect that I send to you by kissing the dust under the feet of the body you have chosen to manifest yourself in" But ignorant would say, this stupid guy is kissing some dirty carpet.. I do not have a habit of kissing dirty carpet. If this is what you think, you have understood nothing.

Imam Aga Ali Shah once said that God even accept the "Shradhah" [unconditional Faith) of Idolater. If believing in His Noor and seeing it in everything he touches is idolatry, so be it.

Then also go to Mecca and hang all of the ""idolaters" who circulate around some black stone. These are also the people you call idolaters but who themselves never believed in any Idol. Then also please go and destroy all the statues of Jesus in the houses of prayer of Christians. I guess you will say Christians are also Idolaters. Unless they have been exempt of this title by some operation of the Holy Spirit ;-)
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

I do not believe in Idol. I look at Hazar Imam's photo and I bow to his Noor. I do not bow to a piece of coloured paper. I look at the carpet he has walked upon and I bow to the Noor of Imamat and kissing the carpet
So, do I, but brother Admin read my first line again I quote it here again for your quick reference.

Code: Select all

Shiraz's answer is quiet right it all depend on devotee what they think and believe when saying Rama, Krisna, Allah or Ali. 
[/quote]

Let me make it simple there is one guy in deedar hall and he is seeing MHI bestowing with his noor and showering all Jamats with Khanawadans along with this person and that time this person consider MHI as an ordinary men then what would you say? there is another person a true believer of MHI in same hall too like you who has faith on MHI, MHI is everything for him, he is continuously crying in Sukaran guzari, kissing the carpet where Mowla has just walked , don't you think there is a big different between this Murdis? and this difference was the main concerned of my above lines.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Admin

You're missing the whole point here...Looks like you havent seen that movie yet....In the movie, god chose to manifest himself to an atheist i.e Paresh Rawal, had god wanted.. he could have manifested in front of idol worshippers or true believers...But god chose a person who rejects the idea of deities, why ???

Does god hates idol worshippers ??..Does god hate believers ?? I dont think so...God loves and cares about each and everything he creates...But when it comes to religions my friend we humans tend to add extra mirch masala to the way we see and understand god...Just like you said you look at MHI's photo and bow in front of his noor...similarly our hindu brothers and sisters look at the cow, monkey, snake and so on and bow in front of their noor...By their I meant god's noor.

Samething goes to those who bow infront of dead haji ali bhai thinking...haji ali bhai will wake up and do some wonders.

Samething goes with those who drink blood thinking its the blood of christ which inturn will make their sins go pufffff

Samething goes with those who do merry go round in mecca thinking all their sins would be forgiven....Remember verses on poor and needy in quran ??..You want you sins to be forgiven ?? well then do what MHI is doing ie helping those who are in need ;)

You said you look at the carpet he walked upon and bow to the Noor of Imamat and kissing the carpet you say "Oh Lord of my soul, accept my devotion and respect that I send to you by kissing the dust under the feet of the body you have chosen to manifest yourself in"... lol....To which I would like to add, there is a temple in India where people line up to bath in cow's urine..hehehe....They wash their face with holy urine and sometimes drink it so that the lord will accept their devotion and RESPECT that they send by taking a bath and drinking the toxic waste of HOLY COW :D

Stop this nonsense...No wait !!!.. its not me whoz telling you to stop...thats the moral of that movie, too bad you havent seen it, so please do :)
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

So what you say about kissing the carpet and rubbing the dust where MHI has just walked away about few seconds ago? Shiraz, what you think about this? Is this right act or just Orthodox act? My bad but sorry I couldon't get your clear opinion in your above post.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

So what you say about kissing the carpet and rubbing the dust where MHI has just walked away about few seconds ago? Shiraz, what you think about this? Is this right act or just Orthodox act? My bad but sorry I couldon't get your clear opinion in your above post.
Agakhani bhai, In the movie Paresh Rawal while present in the court says..He believes in the unseen and used to pay his tithes, used to look for the noor of allah in the idols :D and seek his blessings, once he saw that his prayers are going unanswered and the dasond [tithe] that he was paying was going into pockets of pujaris and babas who use it to pay for their pleasure..He stops practising shariah...was it wrong on his part and if so then why would god choose to manifest himself to the person who is not paying money...after all you have to pay more to get more right ??

Infact instead of paying dasond, he starts scamming people by selling the idols of god, hehehe ... The moral my friend is that I personally wont do it because we as ismailis always focus on spirituality and not zaheri exercise.

God does not want your money ...And always remember the more zaheri exercise you do the more money you'll waste...Like in the movie where in one scene this baba [mithun] walks or something and the impression of his foot is sold for 100,000/- or may be more...Does god want your money ??...You can relate this with our religion if you want to where nandi is done of the stuff which MHI touched...Right from the carpet to the cake.

We ismailis should be happy that H.Imam Ali[as] and Rasool[saw] were the ones who destroyed all the idols that were there inside the holy kaaba....Had they wanted they could have left it over there for people to worship them day and night but they chose to destroy it because god does not reside in some photo,idols and what not....God resides in the heart of momins.

Religion = Batin = Soul = Eternal....Hence our religion is eternal....The day we remove the shackles of man made customs from our religion that day my friend we would be bestowed by eternal light [deedar]...So lets move forward [batiniyat] and not backward [busy doing physical exercises]

Remember when MHI said Ismaili Namaz would be available to the world jamat but we never received it ?? ...I personally think our Imam does not want us to go backwards....We are haqiqati momins and so we should act like one.

But again this is just my opinion bhai....If I offended anybody or any faith please forgive me :)
Admin

Post by Admin »

As Mowla said in Usul -e Din Farman, Shariah and Haqiqat are miles apart and will NEVER meet.

Making fun of Faith is always possible, especially to those who do not have any.

How to explain the beauty of a rainbow to a blind person? How to explain Haqiat to a Shariati person. Mission impossible.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To Admin:

Well said.

To be honest you are paying the price of your forum's baggage.

Pluralism mean we respect,acknowledge each other religions and NOT TO INTERFERE OR TAUNT OR ABUSE. DO WE HAVE TIME TO POKE IN THIER DEVELISH SITES? no no no.....

In your defination of pluralism ,you are validating them and smart taraqati one's supporting and adding value to their hatred towards Ismailis and Imams and all sort of nuisance from Sunni, Shiai 12 er. Khoja Itnaashariya.

As for this blogger.he is using the word 'Hazar Imam' and identifying himself as Haqiqati momin.May be He find our site more intelligent than other dumbo site on faiths.

Pls try to identify them from thier few word or lines.If not then the most
postings of the forum will be loaded with amusement rather than Enlightenment.

I observed one topic posting from a learned Sunni called Binom 1. with 7 pages
of debates and taking ON all 'pach pandav' of the forum for a spin.

Dua or namaz(1450 year old) is composition of Koran Ayats to pray to God and we do it in a most logical n finest way.

All religions with no reasoning are fading away very fast.

Attendance in churches n temple are down by 80 percent over last 100 years.

Shariat is zahiri and exoteric,we give near zero value to it,It need to be
JUNKED for good.
tret

Post by tret »

shiraz.virani wrote: ...well then do what MHI is doing...
Correction! Do what MHI says. not does.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

I watch that Movies 2 months ago, well this moves was hit movies as per the Bollywood sources except first two weeks, but be honest with you this movies has been made from a Gujarati play " Kanjibhaii v/s Kanjibhai". in this movies actor Paresh Raval sued to God which is not practical and which is a nonsense, god doesn't have any shape therefore heblames the "Pujaris" of various temples in India these Pujaris were not involved in his business loss at all.
If you haven't seen this movies please don't waste your time only for one thing he through away the " Tawiz in last scene"
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

If you haven't seen this movies please don't waste your time only for one thing he through away the " Tawiz in last scene"[/quote]

he through talisman in last scene after he listen that GOD is in every atom and single cell...
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

If you haven't seen this movies please don't waste your time only for one thing he through away the " Tawiz in last scene"

he through talisman in last scene after he listen that GOD is in every atom and single cell...[/quote]

can you elaborate ??
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

Admin Bhai posted
Then also go to Mecca and hang all of the ""idolaters" who circulate around some black stone. These are also the people you call idolaters but who themselves never believed in any Idol.
Why are you so condensing to Muslims who follow traditional Islam?

At one time you are saying kissing footsteps or bowing picture of MHI is not idolatory but those who circle Around Kaaba ( you call it some Black stone) are ""idolaters"? Have you looked into their heart? may be they are doing that which their Prophet, Imams and saints have done with same reasoning and Niyyat!

Allow me to rephrase your words

I do not believe that Kaaba and hajre Aswad are Idols. I look at Them and I bow to Allah's Noor. I do not bow to or kiss a piece of Stone but I see Allah!s kudrat and kiss it since my Prophet had kissed it. I run between 2 hills since Prophet and Hz Ali ran between them.My heart says "Oh Lord of my soul, accept my devotion and respect that I send to you by kissing Hajr e Aswad. But ignorant and haughty would say, this stupid guy is kissing some Black stone. I do not have a habit of kissing dirty stone. If this is what you think, you have understood nothing.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

This movie is not based on any scripture. It is just showing one particular ideology, for those who believe in that thought from them it can serve as source of inspiration, for others it matters not. There isn't any universal law or value in the movie.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Why would one be right to consider Ismailis who kiss their Imam's photo as Idolaters when the same people who are kissing the black stone are considered as pious Muslim. And then accusing others to be condensing when they themselves have no shame in having two weights in their hand.

"Khota tara trajwa..."
a_27826

Post by a_27826 »

nuseri wrote: Shariat is zahiri and exoteric,we give near zero value to it,It need to be
JUNKED for good.

don't you think a person has to go through stages ?

1. Shariat
2. Tariqat
3. Haqiqat
4. Marifat

its just like putting your seven year old kid directly to the university skipping primary and secondary education.
tret

Post by tret »

a_27826 wrote:
nuseri wrote: Shariat is zahiri and exoteric,we give near zero value to it,It need to be
JUNKED for good.

don't you think a person has to go through stages ?

1. Shariat
2. Tariqat
3. Haqiqat
4. Marifat

its just like putting your seven year old kid directly to the university skipping primary and secondary education.
Correct! but if you still think you are in primary or secondary grade, then you SHOULD follow Shariat! It's up to you to decide. When you are ready, you will know it.
a_27826

Post by a_27826 »

shiraz.virani wrote:

God does not want your money ...And always remember the more zaheri exercise you do the more money you'll waste
i dont know why,
but above statement reminds me of verse

Ultimatum (Barã´ah)
9:103 Take alms out of their property, you would cleanse them and purify them thereby, and pray for them; surely your prayer is a relief to them; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Thank you for quoting me a_27826 :)...and also thank you for the wonderful quranic aayat.

Brother what is Alms ??

Alms = Money or goods given as charity to the poor

Now lets take an example from this movie itself.....there are people who line up in temples holding a glass/cup of milk in their hands to bath a black stone...Its their form of love and charity towards god...But in the same movie you see that the milk is streamed out into a NAALA [sewer] and there you see a beggar trying to drink some of that milk to quench his thirst...What does paresh rawal do ??...Does he go stand in line to pour a glass of milk on the stone or does he gives his glass of milk to the poor who inturn blesses him ??

What is the right thing to do a_27826 ??

surah at-Taubah (9) verse 60: "The alms are only for the poor and the needy, and those who collect them, and those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and to free the captives and the debtors, and for the cause of Allah, and (for) the wayfarers; a duty imposed by Allah. Allah is knower, Wise." (The Holy Qur'an 9:60)

Allah [swt] in the very same quran gave us sooo many options as to which [or where] we can[or should] give alms...why restrict our AKL on just 1 option ??