Few honest questions

Past or Present customs and their evolution
AlaMaqaam

Few honest questions

Post by AlaMaqaam »

Bismillah Alrahmanir raheem,

I am not a aghakhani but I appreciate Sir karim aghakhan for his intellectual,development and help to human being.

I have few questions and I hope I get there answers here...

1) what is the concept of Interest in Aghakhanis? is bank interest allowed in Aghakhanis?

2)how come one join this group of people?

3) what is the concept of last days end of world in agha khanis?

I have more questions I will ask them latter...
AlaMaqaam

Post by AlaMaqaam »

one more thing I want to add up, please help me with this, what does it means if ismaili says "He is manifest of GOD"<br><br>for me I wont associate any one with ALLAH no matter how great that person is...so do I have to believe karim aghakhan is menifest of GOD to follow his teachings?<br><br>what does manifest of GOD actually means?
AlaMaqaam

Post by AlaMaqaam »

ok one more thing I found out, every ismaily pays 12.5% of his annnual income to Sir aghakhan which is called dosmond?

and this money is used to purchase yatches? which prices around 100$ million dollars?

whats going on? :shock:

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/10477/20121223-s1ld-24kb
AlaMaqaam

Post by AlaMaqaam »

AlaMaqaam

Post by AlaMaqaam »

AlaMaqaam

Post by AlaMaqaam »

I have no intention to disrespect Sir agha khan, but I am looking for some honest answers from his followers.
kmaherali

Re: Few honest questions

Post by kmaherali »

AlaMaqaam wrote:Bismillah Alrahmanir raheem,

I am not a aghakhani but I appreciate Sir karim aghakhan for his intellectual,development and help to human being.

I have few questions and I hope I get there answers here...

1) what is the concept of Interest in Aghakhanis? is bank interest allowed in Aghakhanis?
According to our 48th Imam Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah, usury is forbidden but legitimate interest is allowed.
AlaMaqaam wrote: 2)how come one join this group of people?
There has been discussion on conversion at:

Customs and traditions -> convert Ismaili

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... on+ismaili
AlaMaqaam wrote: 3) what is the concept of last days end of world in agha khanis?

I have more questions I will ask them latter...
According to our belief, creation is constant and perpetual and therefore there is no beginning or end:

"The creation according to Islam is not a unique act in a given time but a perpetual and constant event; and God supports and sustains all existence at every moment by His will and His thought. Outside His will, outside His thought, all is nothing, even the things which seem to us absolutely self-evident such as space and time. Allah alone wishes: the Universe exists; and all manifestations are as a witness of the Divine will." (Memoirs of Agakhan)
Last edited by kmaherali on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

AlaMaqaam wrote:one more thing I want to add up, please help me with this, what does it means if ismaili says "He is manifest of GOD"<br><br>for me I wont associate any one with ALLAH no matter how great that person is...so do I have to believe karim aghakhan is menifest of GOD to follow his teachings?<br><br>what does manifest of GOD actually means?
According to our 48th Imam Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah manifestation as understood in the sentence:

"The Shias have therefore always held that after the Prophet's death, Divine power, guidance and leadership manifested themselves in Hazrat Ali as the first Imam or spiritual chief of the devout."
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

AlaMaqaam wrote:ok one more thing I found out, every ismaily pays 12.5% of his annnual income to Sir aghakhan which is called dosmond?

and this money is used to purchase yatches? which prices around 100$ million dollars?

whats going on? :shock:

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/10477/20121223-s1ld-24kb
Yes every Ismaili submits 12.5% of his/her income as dasond. The Imam has two kinds of wealth at his disposal - personal and institutional. The former is derived from his various business activities and the latter is derived from his institutions. He expends his wealth for personal and institutional activities.

Dasond is part of his institutional wealth and he spends the resources for institutional activities such as schools and hospitals.