SALT- What is the big deal with it?

Share small ismaili stories
unnalhaq

SALT- What is the big deal with it?

Post by unnalhaq »

The word salary (pay or wages) comes from salt. The Roman solders were partly paid in salt. The salt content of Blood and See Water is the same 0.09%. In many cultures salt is very highly respected that the children are thought not to waste or drop salt because on the Day of Judgment they'll have to pick it up with their eye lids (eye lashes). Just wanted to know what are some other thoughts or if any on this subject.
tasbiha

Re: SALT- What is the big deal with it?

Post by tasbiha »

Common table salt, a food preservative for centuries until now, is a no-no in Western societies - increases blood pressure, BLOAT, makes women very irritable, NOT just during our cycles. Salt is heavy in most soups and sauces, esp. Mexican food. If you're living with a woman you want her to decrease her table salt consumption, because if she's bloated and irritable, you won't be happy...

However, there are many other mineral salts that are good for us that have been purged from our water supply and our diets. Remember reading about large animals seeking out 'salt licks?' Those other kinds of natural salts (I don't have the list handy) keeps calcium in our bones and teeth, and keeps our brains from being depressed.

Mineral water has many of these natural salts.
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

tasbiha wrote: If you're living with a woman you want her to decrease her table salt consumption, because if she's bloated and irritable, you won't be happy...
Now I know why we sell so many desalination plants to Mid East! You have to keep them happy...
tasbiha wrote:... BLOAT, makes women very irritable, NOT just during our cycles.
I am not sure if we have charted into TABOO territory here but I think it is worth shedding light!
About 3 years ago someone I know (from JK-male, pre gen-x) told me that he did not know until after he got married that women have periods. At first I laughed but then later I found out that not knowing bout this is far more wide spared, many be kids (boys) who are 10 or so might learn through Health Ed in schools. I find it kind of odd when everyone that follows the lunar calendar (28-29 day cycles) doesn’t about this. I think and I hope or may be there should be a thread (forum) about this.
tasbiha

Post by tasbiha »

With all the TV commercials for feminine products, I can't imagine any young boy not asking questions.

If this is TABOO, unnalhaq you must educate me about what is taboo in your culture.
unnalhaq

Post by unnalhaq »

tasbiha wrote:If this is TABOO, unnalhaq you must educate me about what is taboo in your culture.
Are you asking me of my inherited culture (Judaeo-Persian) ?
[I know many who read this won’t even know what “Judaeo-Persian” is?
I suggest google\ing it first.]

I.e. not having a harem
Or
My present time:
I am probably being snooty here but here it goes:
Not having money when on a date
Getting caught by another girl (girlfriend) when on a date
Having to run into girlfriend when a girl on each arm :oops: