Imam Begum ginans

In this Forum you put small info of a couple of line, some info that is though provoking, like the Did You Know on the front page...
agakhani

Imam Begum ginans

Post by agakhani »

Did you know that the ginans composed by Syeda Imam Begum once banned to recite in Jamat Khanas ? and forbidden her to go in JK?
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

I know thy whole story why her ginan's get banned by Imam.... :)
Admin

Post by Admin »

Lets hear from you. I guess you also know that ultimately, the Imam Himself accepted her Ginans.

Was she doing her Satsang during Jamatkhana times?

And I guess you will also be able to enlighten the readers with the full story of her relation to Hyder Shah as they are buried side by side inside the same Mausoleum in Lassi area...

There is some info on Imam Begum here:

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/10406
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

I know thy whole story why her ginan's get banned by Imam.... icon_smile.gif
Thanks god,some one (Ismaili103)besides me knows the real story why the Syeda Imam Begum's ginans were banned? Ismail 103 please go ahead and put the whole story here for interested persons like Admin and others, if I find any mistake then I will correct it.
Please note that, that ban was not long, I guess more than 2-3 weeks and after that her ginans were resumed to recite in all JK.
Good to know ! that her ginan is one of four ginans which one recite during Hasanabad Deedar in Mumbai, however she was not our authorized pir.
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

she is doing satsang and her satsang are very good so all ladies sit in satsang to hear her knowledge..so the husbaands of ladies complain Mowla that when they came home they found that their wives are not at home..so then Mowla said to Syeda Imam Begum to stop doing satsang for long time but she cannot listen then Mowla punished her and banned to recite her Ginans in Jamat Khanas....

syeda Imam begum became very sad and then (I dont Know after how much time) she went to Mowla's huzoor and composed and recite the Ginan "AAYE RAHEMAAN" on thy spot then Mowla forgive her...:)
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

That is correct story but I would like to give the name of that Jamat Khana where she was keeping Satsang, It was 'VAADI JAMAT KHANA' and Imam name was Hasan Ali Shah (s.a.) who banned her ginans, for short period of time but after she realized that she should had to obey the farmans of Imam she asked them to forgive her act and Imam forgive her and ordered to recite her ginans again during this time she composed a well known ginan
"Ab to rahem Karenge ( not karonge) aaye raham rahman".

Admin,
No, she didn't keep her satsang during Jamat Khana time but she was keeping her satsang around 12-00 p.m. to 1.00 p.m. a real time for lunch when most of participants ladies husband used to come at home for lunch but they didn't found their wife at home so some one complain to MHI and after that the he orders her not to keep satsang during this time but she didn't obeyed the farman of MHI and therefore she was banned.
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

thanks agakhani bhai for giving the name of Jk....

one question:
are u sure it's "Ab to rahem Karenge ( not karonge) aaye raham rahman"
becuz in JK's I listen thy word karonge and even in tariqha boards book its "karonge"...???
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

thanks agakhani bhai for giving the name of Jk....

one question:
becuz in JK's I listen thy word karonge and even in tariqha boards book its "karonge"...???
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Yes, I am positive the real word used by her is 'KARENGE" in future tense because before this ginan was composed MHI was angry on her but when she find out that Mowla is coming Jamat Khana then she composed this ginan for forgiveness and that is why it is in future tense Karenge ( MEANS IMAM WILL BESTOWED HER WITH RAHAM)
Please look the original Khojki script if you can find in Karachi specially go in Garden Jamat Khanas for this ginan if you can not then please listen the waez of Rai Abu Ali he also mentioned thie eventsand gave us more information on the word 'KARENGE' in his many waez.
Trueismaili786

Post by Trueismaili786 »

Yes, I am positive the real word used by her is 'KARENGE" in future tense
That seems true, because I also heard many time in waez of Abu ali, but in recent Deedar in Mumbai it was pronounced as KARONGE not karenge, in presence of Hazar Imam, and HI didn't point out this mistakes when he claim his self as 'AKLE KUL'!! then he should know the history but he didn't say any thing, that make me little irritated'
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Karonge and Karengey both have exactly same meanings.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

But we are talking about which word original used by Imam Begum, It may possible that both words may have same meaning as you say so but I do not agree with that, but "Karenge" word is very suitable, when Imam Begum was banned to attend Jamat Khana, banned her ginans and she was not yet pardon By Hasan Ali Shah (s.a.) for her act in this situation she heard that mowla is coming in JK and this time and circumstances this ginan was fist composed, actually this ginan was written to beg mowla's pardon and for her apology, so I think "Karenge"word seem most appropriate and rightly and correctly used by her.
ismaili103

Post by ismaili103 »

star_munir wrote:Karonge and Karengey both have exactly same meanings.
here what matters is tenses...
MR-FORGET

Post by MR-FORGET »

Lets believe that these two words karong and karenge have same meaning but I heard in waez that the real word used was karenge.
Who changed this words to karonge?
Admin

Post by Admin »

IMAM BEGUM
in

Encyclopedia Topic

Encyclopaedia of Ismailism by Mumtaz Ali Tajddin

Bibi Tahira, commonly known as Syeda Imam Begum was the last known member of the Kadiwal family and the composers of the ginans in India. She was born most probably on 1199/1785 in Kera, Kutchh. The tradition has it that she was the daughter of Syed Hashim bin Syed Buzrug Ali bin Syed Mashaikh II bin Syed Muhammad Fazal Shah bin Syed Sadruddin bin Syed Zain al-Abidin bin Syed Abdul Hasan bin Syed Mashaikh I bin Syed Rahmatullah Shah bin Pir Hasan Kabiruddin. Syed Rahmatullah Shah (1422-1519) resided in Uchh and then made Kadi, Kutchh as his permanent residence. His family therefore became known as Kadiwala Syeds. His son, Syed Mashaikh I lived in Pirana, about ten miles from Ahmedabad, and then took up his residence in Kadi. His son Syed Abul Hasan also lived in Kadi. Syed Mashaikh II (d. 1108/1697) was famous for compiling thirteen works. His son Syed Buzrug Ali's detail is not accessible, who however is said to have lived in Tando Muhammad Khan, Sind, where he died most probably in 1740 or 1745. His son Syed Hashim Ali Shah was the father of five sons and a daughter, named Imam Begum.

Imam Begum passed her youth at home. It is said that she made her first public appearance when Bibi Sarcar Mata Salamat (1744-1832) visited India in 1245/1829 and is reported to have joined her from Karachi to Jerruk, where they resided for three days, and thence proceeded to Bombay. Imam Begum resolved to settle in Bombay in 1246/1830. She used to organize the religious gathering of the Ismaili women in the Jamatkhana. She also visited Kutchh and Sind around 1253/1837 and resided at Karachi. She is also reported to have visited Bombay in 1257/1841 and had an audience of Imam Hasan Ali Shah in 1261/1845. It is said that she again visited Karachi in 1276/1860, where she died in 1282/1866 at the age of 80 years. Imam Begum was famous for her piety and learning and composed many ginans. She always remained in seclusion and hardly talked with the men. She was a strict vegetarian. She received allowances from the Imam till her death.