Aarti

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
star_munir

Aarti

Post by star_munir »

Which Ginans are categorized under aarti and what is its significance and historical background?
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To Starmunir:Ya Ali madad.

As I am given to understand that Aarti is performed by followers of many Indian religions in temples ,home and other places.
I may be wrong on this.
Admin

Post by Admin »

In the same way, praises of God is conducted in many Jewish Temples (calles Synagogue", in many Mosque, in many Churches and many Khaniqah...

Though they do not call it Arti because they do not understand Indian languages. All these "Arti" ,"Psalms" , "Supplications", "Prayers" are pronounced to be protected from excessive materialism and to come close to God. There are many manifestations of devotion to God.
Last edited by Admin on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

As I am given to understand that Aarti is performed by followers of many Indian religions in temples ,home and other places.
I may be wrong on this.
Yes you are wrong, I have seen many times that a living human being were welcomed with Aarti!!. it is strang but it is true I also seen that Indian cricketers when they win the game or go foreign countries their fans welcomed them with ' AARATI" However I should agree that Aarti also performed in Hindu temples and other religious places.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thank you very much to every one for the responses. Thanks a lot Admin for giving links of Ginans that comes under category of Aarti. Are there any specific timings for singing Aarti Ginans?
Admin

Post by Admin »

I believe it is the important days when the Ghat Paat ceremony is also conducted.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thanks a lot