Namaz

Discussion on R&R from all regions
Abbas-Najafi

Namaz

Post by Abbas-Najafi »

I don't know why my last question was deleted!!

Can I perform Namaz with the Twelvers and/or Sunni Muslims?
Admin

Post by Admin »

Several people gave you their opinion and told you that you do whatever you want to do. What else do you expect from this Forum? The thread will be deleted soon.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

WITH SUNNIES YES, BUT WITH TWELVERS HECK NO, the reason they recites their twelve imams names send darood after prayer, from those imams some imams after Imam Ismail we are not accepting as an ismaili imams.
sheri

Post by sheri »

Just believe in the Truth that is Allah. There was no prescribed method of prayer when Muhammad became a prophet. There was no prescribed method when Jesus, Moses, Adam became prophets. Remember the name of the lord with every breath as Muhammad did and he found Allah. Muhammad was sitting in a cave and just meditating and trying to find Allah and he did. You can follow any method as you like, there is no right or wrong in religion. The only right is Allah.

The paths are different, but the destination is the same. Do good deeds, keep in your heart the love for Allah and you will surely find Allah.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

sheri wrote:Just believe in the Truth that is Allah. There was no prescribed method of prayer when Muhammad became a prophet. There was no prescribed method when Jesus, Moses, Adam became prophets. Remember the name of the lord with every breath as Muhammad did and he found Allah. Muhammad was sitting in a cave and just meditating and trying to find Allah and he did. You can follow any method as you like, there is no right or wrong in religion. The only right is Allah.

The paths are different, but the destination is the same. Do good deeds, keep in your heart the love for Allah and you will surely find Allah.
This I agree with you on.

Shams
a_27826

Re: Namaz

Post by a_27826 »

Abbas-Najafi wrote:I don't know why my last question was deleted!!

Can I perform Namaz with the Twelvers and/or Sunni Muslims?
003:028 Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers

Twelvers and Sunnis deny the Present Imam.

so avoid having moral alliance with the deniers of the Truth: that is to say, to an adoption of their way of life in preference to the way of life of the Ismailis, in the hope of being “honoured”, or accepted as equals
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

2:2 This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -
2:3 Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them,
2:4 And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith].
2:5 Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful.
2:6 Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.
2:7 Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment.
2:8 And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah and the Last Day," but they are not believers.
2:9 They [think to] deceive Allah and those who believe, but they deceive not except themselves and perceive [it] not.
2:10 In their hearts is disease, so Allah has increased their disease; and for them is a painful punishment because they [habitually] used to lie.
ShamsB

Post by ShamsB »

zznoor wrote:2:2 This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -
2:3 Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them,
2:4 And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith].
2:5 Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful.
2:6 Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.
2:7 Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment.
2:8 And of the people are some who say, "We believe in Allah and the Last Day," but they are not believers.
2:9 They [think to] deceive Allah and those who believe, but they deceive not except themselves and perceive [it] not.
2:10 In their hearts is disease, so Allah has increased their disease; and for them is a painful punishment because they [habitually] used to lie.
Okay zznoor

we're not believers - so don't warn us any more ...
we deceive allah and are not believers...
and we have our punishments for us.

so since we're not believers...
I go again - using the Qu'ran - which you profess and proclaim to follow -
to you yours - to me mine.

Why don't you go pursue Boko Haram who have kidnapped all of those girls? and are forcefully marrying them?
or is that something you endorse? since they're claiming to be Muslims and they are more literal than you seem to be.
They pray 5x a day - they probably fast - they're doing jihad...

Or if you don't endorse them - are they not muslims?

Or you're coming to the conclusion that the Ismailies are probably better people than the Boko Haram?
Hmm..maybe we're better muslims than they are?
But we don't pray 5x a day or hte other things you claim that we need to do...

How's the shoe feeling?

Shams
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Sheri,

So, you go in Twelver mosque and pray and send Darood to their Imams after namaz? is this right step from you or any other ismailis? then how can you claim your self an Ismaili? who sends darood to those twelvers imams which Ismaili do not accept and send darood to them because they were not our imams! Ours imams are different then their imams after imam Jaffer Sadiq, don't you know that? waiting for your kind reply.
tereishqnachaya

Post by tereishqnachaya »

agakhani wrote: WITH SUNNIES YES, BUT WITH TWELVERS HECK NO, the reason they recites their twelve imams names send darood after prayer, from those imams some imams after Imam Ismail we are not accepting as an ismaili imams.
I am Twelver and I have never done this and I was not aware people did that. Maybe some people do it though...?
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

tereishqnachaya wrote:
agakhani wrote: WITH SUNNIES YES, BUT WITH TWELVERS HECK NO, the reason they recites their twelve imams names send darood after prayer, from those imams some imams after Imam Ismail we are not accepting as an ismaili imams.
I am Twelver and I have never done this and I was not aware people did that. Maybe some people do it though...?
I would not worry about brothers post. Even with PhD, brother does not check facts. What you do after 2 or 4 rakat of Salat, (in Dua) you can say whatever your heart desires and is not part of Salat/Namaz.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Yes, I, checked it not once but twice from my twelver friend who is Ishnaashris from Bharuch, India not only this but I have twelver namaz book in this book it shows clearly that after the namaz they send darood towards all their twelve imam!! and why should we Ismailis have to send salwat for those twelver's imam whom we do not accept as our imams!!??

What a progress from your side!!! every body think and goes forward but in your case you have gone backward!!! Ismaili to ???? :oops:
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

Brother
Read your Salat book again

Shia Salah

In last rakah of Salah in sitting position

Shia do as follows:

Tashahud
Then say the Tashahud and then the salaam (while still sitting)

Tashahud goes like this:

ASH HADU ALLAH ILAHA ILLALLAH
I bear witness that there is no God except Allah
WAHDAHU LA SHARIKA LAHU
He is One, without any partner
WA ASH HADU AN NA MUHAMMADAN ABDUHU WA RASOOLUH
And I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger
ALLA HUMMA SAL LE ALA MUHAMMADIN WA ALE MUHAMMAD.
O our God, bless Muhammad and Progeny of Muhammad

Salaam goes like this:

ASSALAM MU ALAIKA AYYUHAN NABIYYU WA RAHMAT UL LAHI WA BARAKATUH
Peace be unto thee, O Apostle and the mercy of God and His bounties
ASSALAM MU ALAINA WA ALA IBAD DIL LAHIS SUALIHEEN
Peace be unto us and unto the virtuous servants of God
ASSALAM MU ALAIKUM WA RAHMATUL LAHI WABARAKATUH.
Peace be unto ye all, and the mercy of God and his bounties.

ALLAH HU AKBAR(Three times)
God is Great.
LA ILAHA IL LAL LAH
There is no God but Allah
ALLA HUMMA SALLI ALA MUHAMMADIN WA ALI MUHAMMAD
O our God, bless Muhammad, and the Progeny of Muhammad

With this Salah ends

Notice all Muslim send blessings to progeny of the Prophet but no names of dead or living progeny is mentioned.

Anybody wants to check
Just search for Shia Namaaz
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Go in any Isshnashari mosque and listen your own ears, otherwise a ziddi lady like you never believe what I wrote above. period.

By the way:
What is new in your above post?

We Ismailis never said that there are two Allahs!! did we?

We Ismailis never said that Prophet Mohammad is not Allah's Rasool! did we?

We also give salam to other Muslims didn't we? and if some one tell us salam then we also says Walekum salma!! didn't we?

So what is new in your above post?
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

Go in any Isshnashari mosque and listen your own ears, otherwise a ziddi lady like you never believe what I wrote above. period.
Required canonical Salah/Namaz is over after Salam is said.

There is no room for invoking names of anybody's Imam or Khalif.
Only durud is said.
What happens in Shia Masjid after Namaz is not part of worship. If you do not like it then you have option to leave or politely sit or do your own Dua and send blessing to your Imam.

Salam brother
mahebubchatur

What Imam said and why 3 times or 5 times ..

Post by mahebubchatur »

MSMS 1899 ……. “Why the book of Namaz has been sent? Because the Khojas are not only my followers , but many other people (are my followers) like the Arabs and Badakhshanis etc. The book of Namaz has been printed and sent for them who don’t know the Indian language”

There is no harm in offering Namaz, but Namaz and Dua must be offered after knowing..,

It is related that in the period of Imam Aga Ali Shah (d. 1885), Pir Shihabuddin Shah (1851-1884) compiled a Namaz into Arabic and Persian in Shi’ite pattern for the Ismailis living in the region of Central Asia as per Imam’s wish. It contained six parts, and almost a gist of the Indian Dua of 18 parts. Later on, Imam Sultan Muhammad printed it for the jamat of Afghanistan, Central Asia, Iran and Syria in 1898. It was called, Kalimatul Haq (divine words). It was offered thrice a day, once in morning (namaz-i fajr) and twice at evening (namaz-i maghrib and isha). The Kalimatul Haq was replaced by the present Arabic Dua in 1960. “

“Mukhi/Kamadia must take care of the jamat and always come in the Jamatkhana, and arrange ocular demonstration of the ginans, and provide knowledge of the haqiqi din to all, and bring back on the path of the religion to those who have no knowledge of the path of the religion.”
In the beginning there was no fixed time for prayer and no fixed prayer.

During the first three years of his Naboowat the Holy Prophet prayed secretly. Then on the request of Zaid bin Arqum prayers were conducted in his house until in the sixth year, the Prophet's uncle Hazrat Hamzah and Umar embraced Islam and when the numbers rose to fifty and they were strong enough to pray openly, they started prayers including in the Kaaba.

Many Muslims according to Bukhari and Abu-Muslim prayed 50 times sometimes.

According to Historians prayer was regulated in or around the 11th year of Naboowat when the Holy Prophet had "ascended" to Meraj...and the fairy tale about how the angel had "whispered" into the ears of the Prophet that people should pray 5 times...

Now let us look at what the Holy Quran says:

You will find that mention is made of the obligatory prayer "Salat" in chapter/verses 2:43,83,110,153,238,; 4: :102; 6:72; 10:87; 11:114; 14:33; 17:78; 20:14; 23:2,9; 24:36,56; 29:45; 30:31; 33:33; 58:13; 73:20; 87:15 and 98:5.

These verses clearly ordain the momineen to "aqeem us salat" i.e. to keep up the Prayer. ..

A scholarly study of the Holy Quran will show that it does not make mention of Five Prayers to be performed Five times a day as a rule and Dr Jilani writes that the collection of Ahadith talks about Prayer and Remembrances but barely any talks about Five Prayers a day.

At other places in the Holy Quran the believers are told to say "tasbeeh" (hymn)..."hamd" (praise)....."du'a (begging) and to do Zikr (remembrance) in the morning and in the evening and in the night.

In the following verses morning and evening timeshave been mentioned: 6:52; 7:205; 18:28; 24:36; 30:17; 33:42; 40:55; and 48:9.

And then the following verses contain THREE Times, morning, evening and the early hours of the night: : 11:114; 17:78; 20:130; 50:39,40; 52:48,49; 76:25,26 and at other places the Prophet has been ordered to make a Sajdah in the night...Read 76:26.

IT is the general belief of the Muslims is to pray 5 Times a day ...and so its a Tradition...that has eveolved !

Ismailis are also doing the same but following a practice known as "Jamabain - us - Salatain" and which is within the spirit of the Holy Quran , the Prophet's own tradition and at the end Ismailis conclude with "Salatul Asha" which is like "Salatul Wusta" and is considered an excellent midmost prayer and so ultimately by combining Two prayers into one , it totals to Five prayers also and there are some Ismailis who pray even more. .....

In addition their Imam has told them repeatedly that they have to submit to Allah S.W.T. every minute they have free moments during the day.

You will find grounding for this in Sura LXXIII 7-9:

"True there is for thee by day prolonged occupation with ordinary duties: But keep in remembrance The name of Thy Lord and devote thyself to Him wholeheartedly. He is the Lord of the East ad the West: there is no God but He: Take Him therefore for (thy) Disposer of Affairs."

For all Shias, Walaya of the Imam is a fundamental pillar and the Shias believe that without Walaya of the Imam all the other Pillars are incomplete.

All Shias are required to pay Ushr and Khums as per the Qur'an and plus the Sadaqa... Most Ismailis pay 12.5 percent

There are people who pay even more....

I can give you an example viz a vis Sunni Islam. For e.g. on Friday they have two Adhans which was not a practice during the time of the Prophet but was introduced by Uthman and to this day Sunni Muslims follow this ..the Taraweeh prayers were mandated by Umar and not the Prophet S.A.W.

These are just the two examples which are not very important...the list is long

"..Seek Knowledge ( Verily Allah created the Intellect (Akl) from a treasured Light...a "Light" concealed within HIS primordial Knowledge - HE then assigned to Intellect, Knowledge as its essence; cognition as its soul; abstemiousness as its head; modesty as its eye; wisdom as its tongue; kindliness as its purpose and mercy as its heart.....

After this Allah - the exalted strengthened the Intellect with 10 qualities: certainty; faith; truthfulness; tranquility; sincerity; gentleness; benevolence; contentment; submission; and gratitude. ...

Then Allah - the Merciful and the Majestic said to the Intellect to "Retreat" and thereupon the Intellect retreated and then Allah said to it,

"Come NIgh" and thereupon the Intellect drew near and then Allah said

"Speak" ! and then the Intellect said

" Praise belongs to Allah, the One who has neither a foe nor a rival; neither a likeness nor an equal; neither a tantamount nor a smilitude - the ONE before whose splendour every creature is SUBMISSIVE, HUMBLED ! ..

The brotherhood of humanity people need to learn, for who sees humanity, he sees only God.

And as this vision develops, it becomes a divine vision, which occupies every moment of our life.

The waves of the sea brings Allah's message from above, and the swaying of the branches in the breeze seems like a prayer.

For me this is a constant contact with God. ..!

"Ahl al Bayt have a high rank of knowledge - they are scholars (alim) of the Quran and teachers (mu'allim) of the revelations and the guides Allah has appointed !"

"Thus did those who were before them give the lie, till they tasted of the fear of US.." (Sura al An'am)...

Say [Muhammad]: this is my Path, I call [others] to Allah with sure knowledge, I and whosever follows after me.

(And God says HE has vested the knowledge and authority of everything in the MANIFEST Imam !) (Sura Yaseen - verse 12)

To Allah be glory! And I am not among the idolaters." Quran, Chapter Joseph 12:108

The Imam who rises with the command is established for the sake of the creation, and the creation is needy towards him.

There must always be an Imam present in this world. If he is invisible to the eyes and offers no relativity then who will people go to ask about the permissible and impermissible, about the obligations and judgments? Who will establish for them the limits of Allah, and who will adjudicate between them?

The Quran says....

49. "But if right had been with them they would have come unto him willingly".

50. "Is there in their hearts a disease, or have they doubts, or fear they lest Allah and His messenger should wrong them in judgment ? Nay, but such are evil-doers..."...

Who can tell you about a person more than one's own immediate family? Is such attitude towards the Ahlul-Bayt accidental or premeditated ?

Imam Ali also says:..."whoever deviates from truth because of ignorance, will always take good for evil and evil for good and he will always remain intoxicated with misguidance.

And whoever makes a breach (with Allah and His Messenger) his path becomes difficult, his affairs will become complicated and his way to salvation will be uncertain..."

Abdullah bin Omar said:

“The honorable Prophet joined the reciting of the noon and afternoon prayer as well as ‘Maghrib’and ‘Isha’ whilst still settled in a particular place and not only when he was travelling.”

A man when heard this statement, asked as to why the prophet continued with this practice even whilst he was not travelling and was at ease. He answered:
“So that his nation would not have to go through any toil or difficulty when reciting their prayers.”




 In the book of ‘Kanz Al-Amal’ we read the following that:
“Jabir bin Abdullah said:


 “The holy prophet prays the noon and afternoon prayer with a single ‘Adhan’ and two ‘Eqamah’s.”




 Once again in ‘Kanz Al-Amal’ the following narration is mentioned that: Jabir bin Abdullah said:




 “It was the time of sun-set when the honorable prophet was in Mecca and when he reached the area where they had to pray in straight rows, he joined one of the rows and prayed both the ‘Maghrib’ and ‘Isha’ prayers together.”




 In ‘KaAl-Amal’, the following is narrated from Ibn Abbas: “The holy prophet whilst residing in Madina, joined the noon and afternoon prayers and the ‘Maghrib’and the ‘Isha’ prayers whether he was travelling or not, or íf there be a downpour. The narrator said:
“I asked Ibn Abbas as to why the Prophet did so, to which he replied that:
 “Due to the fact that the prophet wanted for his nation to be at ease.”
 Result:
Considering all the traditions we have already mentioned, we sum up the clear evidences for the correctness of the explanation regarding the joining of prayers according to the Shia point of view.
a. Joining both the prayers at one time for the ease of men and prevention of toil and difficulty:
Many of the narrations attest to this reality that if the prayers recited one after another would not have been permissible, it would tend to cause toil and hardship in the affairs of Muslims. Thus the prophet, for the purpose of establishing a kind of ease in their affairs, made it permissible to perform two prayers at one go. In this regard, refer to the traditions in the numbers 10, 16, 19 and 22.
It becomes evident that if the narrations meant to say that one can delay the noon and the afternoon prayer till the end of its time, (close to the time that when the shadow of everything is equal to their length’s as the Sunnis do) such that the afternoon prayer can be performed at its specific time, and both be joined at the same time and be performed in the limits of their timings, such a work does not only cause uneasiness, but also add toil and hardship, whereas the goal of joining the two prayers is only that men should have ease whilst undertaking their daily affairs.
With the above explanation, it becomes certain that which is meant by performing both the prayers at a go such that he can recite his prayers while concentrating and with perfect ease.
kmaherali

Allahu Akbar | Adhan | Muslim’s Call to Prayer

Post by kmaherali »

BY ISMAILIMAIL POSTED ON OCTOBER 13, 2022

The Welsh composer Karl Jenkins is among the most performed living composers. His 2000 work The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace has racked up nearly 3000 performances to date, and receives its first “full” Australian performance in the 2022 edition of The Big Sing. Jenkins takes the text of the Latin Mass as his basis, and around it weaves other texts including a Muslim call to prayer, the Indian epic Mahabharata, and poetry by Kipling, Dryden, Malory, and the Japanese poet Sankichi. Source https://bigsing.org.au/arts-review-the-armed-man/

Pakistan born Australian artist, Farhan Shah (https://farhanshahmusic.com/) was invited to recite the Adhan in front of diverse audience full of people representing different faith based community to show the immense power of Muslim’s “call to prayer”.

Video source: Farhan Shah (YouTube)
Watch full video of the event here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKv94-VWSqA&t=2s

About Farhan Shah

Farhan Shah is an award-winning renowned singer, composer and music producer who has performed across the world and also composed music for films, television, and other popular artists in Karachi, Pakistan as well as in Adelaide, Australia. Since arriving in Adelaide in 2016, Farhan has toured for overseas performances, created traditional and fusion Sufi musical groups, performed at major Australian music festivals, developed award winning recording productions and received the Adelaide UNESCO City of Music award for best international music collaboration as well as Global Music Awards for outstanding achievement in sufi & eastern contemporary music. In 2021, Farhan was also honored with South Australia Governor’s Multicultural Award.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

Allahu Akbar | Adhan | Muslim’s Call to Prayer
Unread post by kmaherali » 14 Oct 2022 10:43 am

New trend in Islamic rituals, now Azan with music.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:29 pm Allahu Akbar | Adhan | Muslim’s Call to Prayer

Which makes it pleasant to listen to and spreads the message effectively.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:09 pm
swamidada wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:29 pm Allahu Akbar | Adhan | Muslim’s Call to Prayer

Which makes it pleasant to listen to and spreads the message effectively.
Start back ground music while reciting Dua in jamait khana, according to you may be more effective!!
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:41 pm Start back ground music while reciting Dua in jamait khana, according to you may be more effective!!
All kind of music is not appropriate. However if one can come up with an appropriate sound for the appropriate emotions, that can be accepted. We have a practice of reciting Dua with 'raag' as in the recitation of the Qur'an. I see no problem if one can find appropriate music as well and be very effective.

A suggestion was once put forward to MSMS to introduce music with the recitation of Ginans. The Imam said that he would accept that if it increased attendance.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:49 am
swamidada wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:41 pm Start back ground music while reciting Dua in jamait khana, according to you may be more effective!!
A suggestion was once put forward to MSMS to introduce music with the recitation of Ginans. The Imam said that he would accept that if it increased attendance.
According to my knowledge Imam refused at that time. According to me it depends upon mentality of Ginan reciters as well musicians.
What lately I saw on U TUBE, RECITERS HAVE CHANGED THE ORIGINAL RAGA OF GINANS WITH FAST MUSIC.. Other trend now a days I have seen mostly parodies of bolly wood songs flying high on social media. Every one trying to be Kishor Kumar, or Muhammad Rafi or Lata ji.
Admin

Post by Admin »

kmaherali wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:49 am A suggestion was once put forward to MSMS to introduce music with the recitation of Ginans. The Imam said that he would accept that if it increased attendance.

I have read a Talika of Mowlana Hazar Imam to East African Jamats saying that musical instrument with ginan is of course acceptable in the social hall but not in the prayer hall. - I think it was printed in an introductory book of a Ginan Mushaedo organised in Kisimu JK but this is from vague memory, I am sure of the text but not of the place and event. If I find it, I will post it as it is not handy for the moment.

Lets keep this thread for Namaz as says the title.