DUA KARAVI- PLEASE HELP!!!!

Discussion on R&R from all regions
shazzy

DUA KARAVI- PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by shazzy »

Ya ali madad.

I was hoping someone could help me. I am a new ismaili member in the UK and learning everything about the religion.

I am quite confused on what we recite when we do dua after jamat ceremony. So like when we go to mukisaheb/mukiyanima and give them money in their hand what do we then say?

I hope someone can help me please. Thank you in advance.

ya ali madad

Shaz
sujjawal

Re: DUA KARAVI- PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by sujjawal »

shazzy wrote:Ya ali madad.

I was hoping someone could help me. I am a new ismaili member in the UK and learning everything about the religion.

I am quite confused on what we recite when we do dua after jamat ceremony. So like when we go to mukisaheb/mukiyanima and give them money in their hand what do we then say?

I hope someone can help me please. Thank you in advance.

ya ali madad

Shaz
MOLA ALI MADAD!
when we go for dua karavi,we say following words:
''TOBA TOBA TAKSIRDAAR BANDA SAR TA PA GUNAHGAR''
bloguk

Full Dua

Post by bloguk »

Tobho Tobho takshidar, bando sita pa gunegaar ya shah tu gunha bakshe bakhsamhar - do you need the meaning ?
mahebubchatur

meaning

Post by mahebubchatur »

The meaning is as follows. Taubha or tobha is to repent & seek forgiveness.

I repent before you,
I have sinned and I seek forgiveness for my sins.
Oh Mawla you are forgiver of all sins
I seek your forgiveness.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Great efforts by you both but please write correct spelling of any words because it make big differences in wrong pronouncing!
Thobo, thobho is not correct wording ,both means wait!
The,correct word should be
TOBO TOBO ( YA ALLAH I AM REPENTING FOR MY SINS) TAKSHIRDAR not as you wrote above ,MEANS, I am sinful person . It is not a big deal, great job though but be careful in writing correct word.
tret

Post by tret »

agakhani wrote:Great efforts by you both but please write correct spelling of any words because it make big differences in wrong pronouncing!
Thobo, thobho is not correct wording ,both means wait!
The,correct word should be
TOBO TOBO ( YA ALLAH I AM REPETING MY SINS) TAKSHIRDAR not as you wrote above ,MEANS, I am sinful person . It is not a big deal,
great job though but be careful in writing correct word next time.
Are you as strict about pronunciation of our Du'a too?
Admin

Post by Admin »

I hope all of you have notice that Hazar Imam put a great emphasis on the meaning of the Dua, not on its pronounciation. All of the farmans I have read talk of understanding the meaning.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Admin answered it so there is no need to answer it again but can I ask you something in return are you reciting correct wording of Quranic Ayas? the last time I noticed every Quranic ayas reciters( tilawatkar) pronouncing ayas different way and different tone!! is there any measure to find out that?
tret

Post by tret »

Admin wrote:I hope all of you have notice that Hazar Imam put a great emphasis on the meaning of the Dua, not on its pronounciation. All of the farmans I have read talk of understanding the meaning.
Finally with the emphasis of MHI, hopefully folks try and understand the meaning of Du'a and specially Surah Ilkhlas.
tret

Post by tret »

agakhani wrote:
Admin answered it so there is no need to answer it again but can I ask you something in return are you reciting correct wording of Quranic Ayas? the last time I noticed every Quranic ayas reciters( tilawatkar) pronouncing ayas different way and different tone!! is there any measure to find out that?
there's for sure difference between, for example

Ya Ali be-lutfika
and
Ya Ali be-luftika
shamsu

Post by shamsu »

Ours is an esoteric faith There are hidden meanings behind everything we do
Dua Karavi is the process in which we give money. That in my understanding
Is a gift you would present to the person whose home you visit
Giving a very small amount of money in my personal opinion is an indication
Of humility in the form of "I do not have the status to present you with that of which you are worthy . Please accept this small token of money as a humble representation of my inability but my intention.
It's a Then you say to bo to bo who to me means I'm sorry I'm sorry
Takshirdar means I am at fault. Bandoo which means. I who claim to be
connected with you as a follower am a sinner from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet Ya Shah I think that means O' the one who is the king/ruler/the one who is the controller of everything, you forgive and you are the forgiver.
I stopped using the word gunnah decades ago
I think I am at fault for everything. Including things like let's say if someone asking me for $50,00 and I just don't have the capacity to come up with that kind on money. He walks away disappointed. Even though most people would not consider this is as a gunnah To me I was responsible for , the cause of another human beings heart ache.
I ask for blanket forgiveness when I don't specify what I want him to forgive for.
Notice the Mukhi saheb and those he has appointed to function and represent him say. May Aly who is from Allah full all your good wishes.
May your home be blessed
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

It's a Then you say to bo to bo who to me means I'm sorry I'm sorry
Actually the word " TOBO" is comes from original word 'TAUBA/TAWBA" means to do repentance for our sins.
When we approach towards Mukhi/Kamadia sahebs for 'DUA KARAVAVI' we are repenting for our sins , which we already commit sins all day long, which we want to forgive, therefore we are saying 'TOBO TOBO" means: I am repenting for my sins, I repenting my sins, please forgive me, Mai Tauba Karta hu, Mai tauba karta Hu" KI MERE GUNAHO KO MAAF KAR DO! so in my thinking the word "I'm sorry", it may be have same meaning but seems not appropriate in dua karavavi.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There are related threads at:

DUA KARAAVI AND IDENTITY
http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... ua+karaavi

Dua Karaavi & Chhanta Ceremony - Who Forgives Sins?

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... highlight=