Need help to find ginan source!!

Discussion on ginan meanings, history etc..
Arifengland

Need help to find ginan source!!

Post by Arifengland »

Yam, I am after the source of the following ginan verses.If anyone can help find which ginan/granth this is from i would be really really grateful..thnx Arif

I found this in an audio recording of tasbhis with selected verses of ginans. It was recited by Taufiq Karmali. Does anyone have his contact details?

ALI SAMRAN ALI PAYIYE
ALI SAMRAN SUKH HOI
NIKHAT NIPAT JO ALI VASE
TO ALI SAMRAN NAHI KOI

NISDIN JAMPIYE PIYU KO
ANE PARA RAHIYE DARBAR
KAB HIK APNE VAVASU
SURIJAN KAR SE SAR

SAAJAN KA GHAR DUR HAI
JAYSE LAMBEE KAJOOR
CHARHE TO CHAAKE PREM RAS
PARE TO CHAAK VA CHUN

PIR SHAH KU PICHAANU
BHAI CHODO DUNIYA NI AASH
GUR GINAN ORKHO
BHAI TUJE PAS
Admin

Post by Admin »

Just a wild guess, it may be from Manhar Granth.
Arifengland

Post by Arifengland »

Thanks for your reply. I have never heard of manhar Granth? Are you sure. Can you please check with other sources and let me know ASAP as I really need to find out. Also, if you have any contact details for Taufiq Karmali who recited these then I can ask him directly. Thanks so much. Regards Arif
Admin

Post by Admin »

I heard also the same recited by Babul Missionary before a Tasbih
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Thanks for your reply. I have never heard of manhar Granth?
Brother Arif,
Manhar Granth is not available now a days because that book had been banned by SMS because of misunderstanding of a small word "Hari" by Jamat however it was not composer's mistake but jamats were taking its wrong meaning.
Admin can give us more light about this event because I remember once he gave some detail about this event.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Actualy Man Har was not banned, the Jamat thought it was banned.

When Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah was told that Man Har contains verses that says the Murid status is higher than he status of the Murshid, he said IF this is the case, burn it.

But obviously this is not the case, the verse said"Hari thi Harijan Mota, Hari trigounr, Harijan trigounr nahi" .

The word "thi" in the language of that time means in today's vocabulary "thaki", like in other ginans also. So the verse meant "the follower is great BECAUSE of the Lord, the Lord has knowledge of the 3 Worlds but the followers does not have that knowledge", it did not mean "the follower is greater than the Lord.". The whole anecdote is detailed somewhere in the forum, search key words like "kamadia jan" and you will find it. But still the thread is to find which ginan exactly are these verses from and I think we are still in search of that info.
Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Admin,
Thanks for correcting me and thanks for the detail.