Farmans and Hadiths - Understanding, Sharing and Need

Discussion on doctrinal issues
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

junglikhan4 wrote: " Quran is not easy to understand ", that's why Imam is present to interpret it.
Can you quote explanation of few Ayas of Quran by present Imam! In his long Imamat he must have explained quite a few Ayas.
agakhani_1

Post by agakhani_1 »

Take any farmans of any imam or take any ginans of any pirs which are directly interpretation of Quranic ayas!! I promise that, and there are thousand and thousand farmans and ginans available ! and you still asking few more!?
Admin

Post by Admin »

zznoor wrote: Can you quote explanation of few Ayas of Quran by present Imam! In his long Imamat he must have explained quite a few Ayas.
Yes but you have said that you are not Ismaili so you are not entitled to the farmans.

However, you can ask your own Mullas or whatever in your mosque to explain ti you. He will explain in a way that you can understand with your own value-system and your own beliefs. Good luck!
mazharshah

Post by mazharshah »

zznoor wrote:
junglikhan4 wrote: " Quran is not easy to understand ", that's why Imam is present to interpret it.
Can you quote explanation of few Ayas of Quran by present Imam! In his long Imamat he must have explained quite a few Ayas.

ZZ Aadaab,

As you know there are thousands of tafseers written by famous Mufassirs, learned Islamic scholars and Da'is, and they all differ in explanation, so which one is correct. We believe in Hazar Imam and always look at him to interpret Quran and give us guidance. Our Imam never guides beyond the principles or huddud of Quran. There are huqqul ibaad and huqququllah. Regarding huqqul ibaad, our Imam has always said obey the ethical values of Islam as mentioned in Quran. Regarding huqququllah, for benefit of our souls we pray we fast and give alms and participate in charity works according to our tariqa. There are thousands of denominations ( FIRQA DAR FIRQA ) in Islam apart from 72 sects, like in christianity there are more than
20,000 denominations. Now who will decide, who is right and who is wrong.
Our Imam has never stopped any one from praying, fasting, Hajj or umrah.
Our Imam explain Quran through farmans.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad:
As absolute belief in MHI. we see and hear him as BOLTA QURAN.
His farmans are taken as extension of quran as if said today/or in todays time.
He does not explain quran like a school teachers quoting an Ayat no n page number and translating n explaining sumo moto to listeners.HIS word in fact taken greater than Quran as those are living word from his mouth and not via prophet,dai or pir who were blessed by him to speak out Those entity may have had some ego,sentiments ,family issues,worldly problems, circumstances and distractions while composing any lines of inspiration.
HE HAS never done Ayat number by ayat number explaination in open jamaat didar.He have explained in simple way 'sura noor' in one of his speeches.

Our tariqa n practice in jamatkahana has prayers ,tasbih,ginan/qasidas, n Ibaadat along with FARMANS.( ginan.qasida are traditions for spiritual inspiration induced in our practice)
WE DOT HAVE ANY SHARIATI Dikat EXTERNAL FLAVORS like long period fasting, hajj. binding on us. we have own kalima to indentify ourselves.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

"The Farmans we make are like precious gems. Whenever you get time, reflect upon our Farmans for a couple of hours. Heaps of pearls are scattered when we speak to give you a Farman, but the only person who realizes its worth is the one who understands the value of pearls." (Rajkot,October 21, 1903)
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

Ya Ali Madad.
Beauty of a Farman.
If a small pouch of pearls(even his mandated two words) can make one person rich.if that person know it's value. then why one would go in for
a sack of gold or a large carton of silver or a truck of copper..
First can be carried in a pocket/heart, while for rest it appear as may be valuable baggage( books,belief,ritual.etc).
If I personally feel immensely blessed from the Farmans then and have earned well enough en cashing the pearls ,why should I be greedy or have high interest in ritual/symbols, saying of non Imamat entities( even prophet n pirs/ gold n silver).

I feel blessed from a very young age I acknowledged MHI as his name 'Karim', but saw ,heard n absolutely BELIEVE him as ALI N ALI only.Like harvesting pearls from Day one.
Admin

Post by Admin »

As RECEIVED from the author Mahebub Chatur

The following farmans and proofs were prepared to prove verifiably and clearly that Hazar Imam and all Imams have never blocked Farmans from their followers nor said they should be blocked or copies not given to them.

The stated policy of the present Leaders lis to block and not give copies of Farmans and Imams annotations to those who request them including scholars.

Those requesting are ignored and this is made inconvenient, frustrating and near impossible.

This policy & secrecy (and overwhelming bureaucracy), is against the stated and repeated wishes of Hazar Imam (including during this Diamind Jubilee Farmans).

Essay on Farman and why they should be accessible to the Jamat.

http://ismaili.net/timeline/2018/101-proofs-chatur.pdf

mahebubchatur

Post by mahebubchatur »

Hazar Imam recently in India and USA made the whole Jamat as Dais and to share his message and blessings.

An article on meaning of a Dai
ismailignosis.com/2018/03/28/world-of-faith-the-imams-dais-and-the-ismaili-dawah/
shivaathervedi_3

Post by shivaathervedi_3 »

mahebubchatur wrote:Hazar Imam recently in India and USA made the whole Jamat as Dais and to share his message and blessings.

An article on meaning of a Dai
ismailignosis.com/2018/03/28/world-of-faith-the-imams-dais-and-the-ismaili-dawah/
Informative article but there are flaws and confusions. After reading article, it looks like Ismailignosis drifted away from Satpunthi ideology.
Regarding ' Be My Da'i', Imam did not elaborate or further explained," What he menat by 'Be My Da'i' or 'Every spiritual child is my Da'i". A Da'i's life was never bed of roses.In past Da'is has sacrified their lives in propagating Ismailism.
Now how and what can we understand, when Imam says,'Be My Da'i'. It can be convey my message of blessings, barakah and Farmans to murids who were unable to attend Darbars in various countries. Or, obey and act honestly on my ETHICAL Farmans and become a role model as a Da'i for others. Or, it can be elaborated as to recite Du'a regularily by understanding meaning properly three times daily, the reason is , in Arabic root letters of Du'a and Da'i are same. But again, question arises, since when he became Imam, Ismailis are reciting Du'a past 60 years but he never said to become a Da'i. In conclusion what can we understand is, there are three options;
1. Convey message as a Da'i
2. Be an ethical role model as a Da'i
3. Recite Du'a 3 times regularily.

-----------

The Ismaili Da‘wah was self-consciously the instrument through which true religion – valid law and doctrine, proper belief and action, correct science and knowledge of the universe, rightful loyalty to God and His agent for human affairs, appropriate appreciation for the difference between appearance and reality, between the purely physical and the truly spiritual – was made known to mankind in general and to believers in particular.

Paul E. Walker,
(Early Philosophical Shi‘ism: The Ismaili Neoplatonism of Abu Yaqub al-Sijsitani,

CONFUSION: Gnosis quoted Paul Walker, question is, " Who is the agent of God for human affairs, I assume Paul is mentioning Imam as an agent of God.

-----------------

Ismaili gnosis wrote; "Throughout history, the Ismaili da‘wah consisted of a formal hierarchy of spiritual teachers and scholars working under the Imam of the Time. The most basic form of the Ismaili da‘wah hierarchy is as follows":

1. Imam
2. Bab (Gate)
3. Hujjah (Proof)
4. Da‘i (Summoner)
5. Ma’dhun Akbar (Senior Teacher)
6. Ma’dhun Asghar (Junior Teacher)
7. Mustajib (Respondent or Initiate)

CONFUSION: The above 7 stage model adopted and introduced by Da'is in Fatimid era is not applicable in modern times. Reason is that the 7 stages were transformed in 2 stages 150 years back and reduced into 2 institutions i.e Imamat and Piratan. Now adays these both institutions are merged togather for reasons Imam knows better.
Other argument is that Satpunthi Pirs never adopted the above 7 stage Fatimid era model formula.

------------

The Rank of Imam:
The Imam of the Time is the highest and greatest rank in the Ismaili Da‘wah. The Imam’s pure soul receives divine inspiration (ta’yid) and divine guidance from the eternal spiritual world of the Universal Intellect and Universal Soul through the medium of the Holy Spirit (ruh al-quddus). According to the Qur’an (97:1-5, 42:52, 26:193-195, 16:2, 40:15), God inspires the Prophets, the Imams and other chosen humans through the Holy Spirit. While Prophet Muhammad was the last human being to both receive divine inspiration (ta’yid) and convey it as prophetic discourse (tanzil), the Imams of his Ahl al-Bayt continue to be recipients of the Holy Spirit, through which they are able to convey God’s guidance (al-kitab) in the form of spiritual interpretation (ta’wil) and instruction (ta‘lim). God summons humanity to His recognition through the person of the Imam in every time and age:

CONFUSION: The above paragraph is completely going against the Satpunthi ideology. Does the Imam's pure soul receives divine inspiration and divine guidance from the eternal spiritual world of Universal Intellect and Universal Soul throuth the MEDIUM OF HOLY SPIRIT. It shows VISHNU is getting guidance through the medium of Holy Spirit!!! In other words, Imam is getting guidance from other source and then he conveys the message.

------

The Rank of Bab:
The second rank after the Imam is the rank of Bab (meaning “Gate”); sometimes this rank is also called “great Hujjah” – because the Babs are the greater Hujjahs. There are 4 persons who hold the rank of Bab:

1 Bab is the Pir – like Pir Prophet Muhammad, Pir Shams, Pir Sadr al-Din, Pir Hasan Kabir al-Din, Pir Shihabuddin Shah, Pir Abu l-Hasan Shah (who was Pir while an infant); sometimes the Imam acts as his own Pir like in the present time;
1 Bab is the present Imam’s son and successor; for example, Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah was the Bab during the lifetime of his father Imam Aga ‘Ali Shah; Mawlana Hazar Imam was the Bab of Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah.
1 Bab is a female figure from the Imam’s family; for example, Hazrat Khadijah was the Bab of Imam Abu Talib; Hazrat Fatimah was the Bab of her husband Imam ‘Ali; Hazrat Zaynab was the Bab of her brother Imam al-Husayn b. ‘Ali; Begum Mata Salamat Lady Ali Shah was the Bab of Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah and later, his fourth wife, Begum Mata Salamat was his Bab;
1 Bab is an Ismaili murid who has reached the spiritual rank of Ahl al-Bayt and is equivalent to Salman al-Farsi during the Prophet’s time. The Prophet said to Salman: “You are from us, the Ahl al-Bayt.” Abu ‘Ali was the Bab of Imam al-Mahdi; Ja‘far b. Mansur al-Yaman was the Bab of Imam al-Mu‘izz; Khatkin al-Dayf was the Bab of Imam al-Hakim; al-Mu’ayyad al-Shirazi was the Bab of Imam Mustansir billah. There have also been Ismailis in modern times who reached the spiritual rank of Bab (spiritual member of Ahl al-Bayt) – including Pir Ismail Gangji, Wazir Muhammad Remu, Varas Basaria Fadhu, Wazir Rahim Basaria, and Pir Sabzali;
The Babs are in spiritual union or spiritual marriage with the Imams — for this reason, the 4 Babs are called the “Spiritual Wives” of the Imam; they receive direct inspiration (nurani ta’yid) from the Imam’s perfect soul. The Babs are also the Spiritual Mothers of the murids. They manifest the maternal and lunar attributes of the Universal Soul to the community of believers, complementing the Imam who manifests the paternal and solar qualities of the Universal Intellect. The Imam corresponds to the Sun and his Babs are like the Moon, as one of the Babs of Fatimid times explained:

CONFUSION: The above explanation of Bab is very confusing. The Ismaili youth and general jamaits shall be traped in mingled threads. Fine, Bab is Pir, now who were the Babs from Imam Baqir to Imam Raziuddin Abdullah, no trace!! Imam Ja'far said," Nahnu Babullah ", We are the gates to Allah, therefore Imam being gate to Allah can'nt be God himself.
Who is the Bab of present Imam from his male children? Because gnosis wrote," Bab is also the present Imam's son and successor".
Ismailignosis wrote," Bab is a female figure from the Imam's family". question; Can princess Zahra become a Bab?? Has Hazar Imam declared her as a Bab?
Was honorable Lady Ali Shah a Bab, she did not become an Ismaili, she remained Isna'ashiri and burried in Najaf Ashraf, Iraq.
Did MSMS declared Mata Salamat as Bab? Where is Farman or declaration?
Ismailignosis wrote," Bibi Khadijah was the Bab (Pir) of Imam Abu Talib. It is a great confusion, Bibi Khadijah was a Pir, then Prophet Muhammad in Satpunthi ideology is counted as First Pir. Now there were 2 Pirs at a same time, husband and wife in same house!! If Prophet Muhammad was first Pir then what was the number of Pir Khadijah? If infact Bibi was a PIR then why she was omitted from the list of Pirs in old Du'a. Same is the case with Bibi Fatimah, now Ismailignosis is mentioning 3 Pirs at the same time, Father, Mother, and Daughter.
What is the status of Hazrat Hasan, was he Bab or Imam Mastoudah? Very complicated theort!!
Was Pir Sabz Ali a Bab also??

-----------

The Rank of Hujjah:
Below the rank of Bab is the rank of Hujjah (“Proof” or “Argument”). The Hujjah is the chief Da‘i over a network of Da‘is in a region, who uses “proofs and arguments” to establish the Imamat of the Imam and lead others to the inner recognition (ma‘rifah) of the Imam by providing the knowledge of philosophy, theology, and the ta’wil (inner meaning) of what is found in the Qur’an and practiced in ritual and law.

CONFUSION: Imam is the Hujjat of Allah according to Quran and fisrt part of Du'a, " WA 'ALA HUJJATIL AMR ". Bab is honarary Hujjat.

-------
The figure known as the “Pir” in the terminology of South Asian Ismaili tradition is one of the 4 Babs of the Imam, as noted above, and the highest of the Babs in formal authority, second only to the Imam. The status of the Pirs is described by the Ismaili Imam Shah Gharib Mirza (known also as Shah al-Mustansir bi’llah II) in his Farmans:

Confusion: In my opinion, there aren't categories of Babs or Pirs. As there is one Imam at a time so is only one Pir at a time. Was Imam Gharib Mirza Shah Mustansibillah 2nd or 3rd?? Gnosis has mentioned 2nd.
mahebubchatur

Two new Books of Farmans published

Post by mahebubchatur »

Two new books of Farmans have been published by Ismaili community constitutional entities for all the community. One is Farmans during 2012-2013 and the second is for 2017-2018. The rest of the Farman are reportedly in the process of being published. All Farmans must be given freely to all Ismaili Muslims including the Ismaili constitution which is a Farman and must be read with Farmans

Link to Farmans to share Farmans.

Link to constitution

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... 8400#68400
Admin

Re: Two new Books of Farmans published

Post by Admin »

mahebubchatur wrote:Two new books of Farmans have been published by Ismaili community constitutional entities for all the community. One is Farmans during 2012-2013 and the second is for 2017-2018. The rest of the Farman are reportedly in the process of being published.

It would be interesting to see the authorisation of Hazar Imam to Islamic Publication who is identified as recipient of Imam's Copyrights on Farmans.

I doubt there is any such document unless the signature is forged. There is no way Hazar Imam will bypass Itreb or his own institution to give publication rights to "Islamic Publication" for his Farman

Though the postal address of Islamic Pubication is Imam's institutional headquarters, that private compagny is not part of the institutions listed in the Ismaili Constitution.

It is important to remind that it is only when the Imam personally that can have any rights on Farmans and that right has not been transferred to his institution unless someone can produce a proof to the contrary said the Toronto Judge in the Copyright lawsuit.

In the old Ismaili Constitution before 1986, the Ismailia Association could publish Farmans after endorsement by the president of the Supreme Council (Sir Eboo, at that time) - During that time (remember the last Farmans were published by Institutions in 1978, no books after that) since Sir Eboo's English was not that good, the task of revising the drafts before publication was left to Iqbal Rupani, his secretary.

In one of the meeting, our Imam was not happy and asked if there were mistakes in the Farman books because of a lack of knowledge of proper English.

In 1986, Mowlana Hazar Imam changed the Ismaili Constitution and got rid of the Supreme Council and its Nairobi office rendering the secretarial staff jobless.

In the 1986 Ismaili Constitution, the Imam removed the right of publishing Farmans from the institutional organisation, keeping it for himself.

All this was the Wisdom of the Imam.

However, when the new institutions were organised, somehow the same people our Imam got rid of by closing the Nairobi office of the Supreme Council, made their ways as paid staff in the new organisation, perpetuating the fallacies that "Imam thinks in French and speaks in English therefore we have to edit his Farmans" (Something the Imam categorically denied)

Now we can see some challenges faced by producers of Farman books after the very high standards set by the Golden Edition published privately under the instructions of the Imam.

Lets see how accurate the new books are. And it would be interesting to see what was the approval process when/if the Imam authorised these new books as that process is not yet part of the present Constitution.

One has to remember, even by repeating a million times a book is authorised by the Imam, it does not become authorised unless the Imam said so. And even if there are a million announcement in Jamatkhanas and institutional papers that a book is not authorised, it does not become so unless the Imam says so.

In an intellectual tradition, which is that of the Ismailis, this is the way it happens.
mahebubchatur

These two books are published by IPL

Post by mahebubchatur »

These 2  books are published by Islamic Publications Limited.  

There is no mention of the Ismaili community constitutional entities who are responsible to undertake publication and distribution of Farmans,  books and materials on relevant aspects of Islam and the Ismaili Tariqah”  (namely, ITREB & The Institue of Ismaili Studies). 

There is a statement in the books that Hazar Imam, His Highness the Aga Khan approved these, and this is dated July 2019. 

A Farman is defined by Hazar Imam, Aga Khan in the Ismaili constitution (a Farman),  as “Any pronouncement, direction, order or ruling made or given by Mawlana Hazar Imam.”  Farmans are also Imams Talim and Talim (Teachimgs and interpretations) of the Quran for all Ismaili Muslims and  to be given freely to them . (constitution)

Details of Islamic Publication Limited. (IPL) are as follows 

This is a publishing company registered in UK 

Directors of this company are as follows 

Naguib Kheraj  - appointed in 1995 - (Also at IIS in London)

Shafik Sachedina- appointed in 1995 ( Also at IIS LIF and DJI in London and Lisbon) 

Zauhar Meghji- Appointed in 1997 (Also at IIS in London) 

(Appointments under the Ismaili constitution are for 3 years with a maximum of 2 terms)

Sole Shareholder of IPL  is AKD Limited

This is an off shore company registered in Guernsey. Directors and beneficial shareholders of the company are not disclosed. 

IPL business and Income

IPL’s entire business and income is stated to be from United Kingdom, (principally from IIS - The Institue of Ismaili studies. The current UK Ismaili council President, Vice President, or UK ITREB chairman are not Directors of IPL. (they should be constitutionally) 

IPL business address 

This is the same address as IIS at The Aga Khan Centre in London

IPL - Significant control 

The entity with significant control of IPL is stated  as “The Ismaili Imamat” in Lisbon Portugal. (This is an entity constituted and registered in Lisbon Portugal)

These Books have not been given in UK but not to all Ismailis globally at the same time. What is the reason. So far only UK. Canada is starting this week.  

Clarification has been requested from ITREBS, LIF, Councils, LIF and DJI
mahebubchatur

Re: Two new Books of Farmans published

Post by mahebubchatur »

Admin wrote:
mahebubchatur wrote:Two new books of Farmans have been published by Ismaili community constitutional entities for all the community. One is Farmans during 2012-2013 and the second is for 2017-2018. The rest of the Farman are reportedly in the process of being published.

It would be interesting to see the authorisation of Hazar Imam to Islamic Publication who is identified as recipient of Imam's Copyrights on Farmans.

I doubt there is any such document unless the signature is forged. There is no way Hazar Imam will bypass Itreb or his own institution to give publication rights to "Islamic Publication" for his Farman

Though the postal address of Islamic Pubication is Imam's institutional headquarters, that private compagny is not part of the institutions listed in the Ismaili Constitution.

It is important to remind that it is only when the Imam personally that can have any rights on Farmans and that right has not been transferred to his institution unless someone can produce a proof to the contrary said the Toronto Judge in the Copyright lawsuit.

In the old Ismaili Constitution before 1986, the Ismailia Association could publish Farmans after endorsement by the president of the Supreme Council (Sir Eboo, at that time) - During that time (remember the last Farmans were published by Institutions in 1978, no books after that) since Sir Eboo's English was not that good, the task of revising the drafts before publication was left to Iqbal Rupani, his secretary.

In one of the meeting, our Imam was not happy and asked if there were mistakes in the Farman books because of a lack of knowledge of proper English.

In 1986, Mowlana Hazar Imam changed the Ismaili Constitution and got rid of the Supreme Council and its Nairobi office rendering the secretarial staff jobless.

In the 1986 Ismaili Constitution, the Imam removed the right of publishing Farmans from the institutional organisation, keeping it for himself.

All this was the Wisdom of the Imam.

However, when the new institutions were organised, somehow the same people our Imam got rid of by closing the Nairobi office of the Supreme Council, made their ways as paid staff in the new organisation, perpetuating the fallacies that "Imam thinks in French and speaks in English therefore we have to edit his Farmans" (Something the Imam categorically denied)

Now we can see some challenges faced by producers of Farman books after the very high standards set by the Golden Edition published privately under the instructions of the Imam.

Lets see how accurate the new books are. And it would be interesting to see what was the approval process when/if the Imam authorised these new books as that process is not yet part of the present Constitution.

One has to remember, even by repeating a million times a book is authorised by the Imam, it does not become authorised unless the Imam said so. And even if there are a million announcement in Jamatkhanas and institutional papers that a book is not authorised, it does not become so unless the Imam says so.

In an intellectual tradition, which is that of the Ismailis, this is the way it happens.
Mukhis and Kamadias, who conduct congregational prayers, similar to Priests, have been told by those controlling to say and are saying in emails to the Jamat not to copy and share these Farmans on the one hand. On the other hand they are also say that we can refer to them. Meaning these can be shared. Why this paradox and contradiction. (see the email below)

Hazar Imam has said clearly to all his Murids, to be his Dais, to share Farmans, to demystify our faith, to clarify misinformation and misperception, & this is also a Diamond Jubilee goal from Hazar Imam. (link below)

We know there is a clique” of Ismaili Leaders controlling for decades, and who continue a culture of material greed self interest, cynicism and individualism, with a political elite ideology.

Leaders down the line & Jamat (followers), and volunteers, need to read and share Farmans and the Jamats constitutional reports and budgets with the community (their brothers and sisters).

If you have them do what Hazar Imam says & share. Hazar Imam has said we must verify and not act blindly.

What Leaders said Hazar Imam said in early 2010- 10 years ago.
“The Jamat will be pleased to be informed that Mawlana Hazar Imam has already approved that the Jamati institutions should formally publish a volume containing the approved texts of his Farmans, including those made for the Golden Jubilee. This will be made available to the Jamat in the near future...”

Hazar Imam approved a Book of Farmans published by Nagib Tajdin verbatim Farmans from 1957 to 2008.
Link- Meeting with Hazar Imam Imam
http://ismaili.net/source/legal-documen ... hatur8.pdf

More at

Clarification and or comment has been sought from those in control.
View users profile Send private message
mahebubchatur

Post by mahebubchatur »

A Preliminary book review of the 2 new books of Farmans Published by Islamic Publications Limited **

10 years after Hazar Imam asked ITREB, (constitutional entity), 2 new books of Farmans have been published, but not by ITREB.

It is not known if these books have been translated in other languages (like Gujerati, Urdu, Arabic, French, etc).
Hazar Imam has said Farman must be freely available to all, and translated in all local languages by missionaries (ITREBS)

The following official Announcement was made by ITREBS in early 2010.

“The Jamat will be pleased to be informed that Mawlana Hazar Imam has already approved that the “Jamati institutions” should formally publish a volume containing the approved texts of his Farmans, including those made for the Golden Jubilee. This will be made available to the Jamat in the near future...”

What is a Farman
Imam, Aga Khan defines it as “Any pronouncement, direction, order or ruling made or given by Mawlana Hazar Imam.” Farmans are also Imams Talim and Talim (teachings & interpretations) of the Quran for all Ismaili Muslims and to be given freely to them. (Ismaili constitution)

Before and since 2010
H H The Aga Khan has repeatedly said that his Farmans (including the Ismaili constitution), are to be given freely to all Ismaili Muslims and are an integral & foundational part of their faith. All Ismaili Muslims have a duty to read understand, share & obey them. And to demystify their faith and Farmans.

On 11 July 2018, Hazar Imam asked all his followers to be his Dais. -Link http://ismaili.net/timeline/2018/101-proofs-chatur.pdf

On 15th October 2010, Hazar Imam, Aga Khan, gave permission for Farmans published by Nagib Tajdin to be retained and shared. These are Farmans for 50 years (1057 -2008)

The group of Ismailis in control, then and today, tried to stop and block these Farmans and filed a court case in Canada. Hazar Imam and Court did not agree and allowed the Farmans to be retained and have since been shared. During this court case evidence of forgeries, editing and changing of Farmans, were exposed (link Aga Khan Copyright Lawsuit - Lifting The Veil by M. Chatur)

Regarding these 2 books of Farmans, contradictory statements & misinformation has been circulated. For example;

1. There is a statement in the books that Hazar Imam has personally approved and authorised this in July 2019. No such a Farman has been read in the congregations or quoted verbatim in the books. This was authorised in 2010, and before.

2 There is a statement in the books that Islamic Publications Limited (IPL)** has published these books under an “exclusive licence” direct from Hazar Imam -,His Highness the Aga Khan, and IPL claims copyright. Under the Ismaili constitution this claim should be Hazar Imam or ITREB and or IIS (not IPL). During the copyright court case IPL took legal action claiming copyright. They could not produce the evidence. IPL is not mentioned in the Ismaili constitution as a constitutional entity having a licence to publish Farmans from His Highness the Aga Khan nor to undertake religious publications. IPL was not a party in the court case, or was claimed that entity had a licence to publish from Aga Khan.

3. IPL the publisher** has instructed UK jurisdiction Mukhis and Kamadias (Ismaili Priests) to circulate the following contradictory announcement to their congregations “ Mawlana Hazar Imam has authorised the release of two printed publications of his Farmans, covering the years 2011 to 2013, and 2017 to 2018. The KITAB desk will be open this evening for members that wish to purchase these Farman books. A contribution of £5 per set of two books will be requested upon collection. As Farmans are Mawlana Hazar Imam's private guidance to the Jamat, when and in what form these may be made available to the Jamat is entirely up to the Imam. Therefore, please respect the Imam's prerogative by not circulating copies of the Farmans by email or through social media or through any other means. If you receive copies or any other texts of these Farmans, please do not share them. Refer only to the Farmans as contained in these books.Mawlana Hazar Imam's decision to authorise the release of these two books is a great blessing for the Jamat and one for which we are all truly grateful. We look forward to seeing you in Jamatkhana (congregational prayer hall) this evening. “

Hazar Imam has said that he does not edit Farmans after he has given them . He annotates, meaning he elucidates them.

Farmans are a part of the Imams Talim and Talim of the Quran. (link http://ismaili.net/source/legal-documen ... hatur8.pdf)

In last 1400 years, Imams, of Ismaili Muslims and Prophet Mohammed never claimed copyright or asked for copies not to be circulated nor to seek prior written consent before circulating or when referring to them (As is alleged by IPL** in the above statements)

IPL, ITREBS , IIS and Councils have been requested to comment and clarify the above. The contents of Farmans in the two new books are yet to be verified with the originals Farmans and annotations. No responses so far from them or access to originals.

If you have any related information, comments or documents, please share them.

Hazar Imam, Aga Khan wishes everyone of his followers to read, verify and be his Dais.

** Who is Islamic Publication Limited. (IPL)

This is a company registered in UK in 1980. This is not named in the constitution of 1986 and 1998.

Directors of this company are as follows

Naguib Kheraj - appointed in 1995 - (Also at IIS in London)

Shafik Sachedina- appointed in 1995 ( Also at IIS LIF and DJI in London and Lisbon)

Zauhar Meghji- Appointed in 1997 (Also at IIS in London)

(Appointments under the Ismaili constitution are for 3 years with a maximum of 2 terms)

Sole Shareholder of IPL is AKD Limited

This is an off shore company registered in Guernsey. Directors and beneficial shareholders of the company are not disclosed.

IPL business and Income

IPL’s entire business and income is stated to be from United Kingdom, (principally from IIS - The Institue of Ismaili studies. The current UK Ismaili council President, Vice President, or UK ITREB chairman are not Directors of IPL. (they should be constitutionally)

IPL business address

This is the same address as IIS at The Aga Khan Centre in London

IPL - Significant control

The entity with significant control of IPL is stated as “The Ismaili Imamat” in Lisbon Portugal. (This is an entity constituted and registered in Lisbon Portugal)

Link to more at http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... sc&start=0
mahebubchatur

More at this link

Post by mahebubchatur »

mahebubchatur

Farmans are to be given to the Jamat & shared

Post by mahebubchatur »

Link to the Farmans to share and give Farmans to the Jamat

Hazar Imams guidance to share on 15th October 2010

http://ismaili.net/source/legal-documen ... hatur8.pdf