If the Imam sleeps, the Whole World will sleep

Share small ismaili stories
Admin

If the Imam sleeps, the Whole World will sleep

Post by Admin »

There was a lady in Dar-Es-Salaam (I can’t remember her name – this is 25 years ago). Since long time, this lady wanted to meet with Hazar Imam, One day her wishes were granted and received a message from Imam – come and see me.

This lady took the first flight to Mowla’s bungalow, very happy, excited and full of happiness. As she entered the bungalow, she was told “Hazar Imam is in a meeting and will be done in a couple of minutes, but the meeting took a little longer.

This lady started getting a little sick. The secretary noticed her because the lady was feeling a little uneasy and had some fever. So Hazar Imam’s secretary asked her “Are you feeling aright? The lady answered “I am feeling little sick” the secretary told the lady, there is a walk in clinic just across the road, if you would like to see a doctor.

The lady answered, yes, but Hazar Imam will be out of the meeting soon and I will miss Him. The secretary answered, Hazar Imam will take another hour, why don’t you go to the doctor and come back and by that time Hazar Imam will be free.

The lady took off to the doctor, sat there for a while and she was called in for check up. The doctor (lady doctor) took the lady in, checked her temperature etc, and asked her, “Where are you coming from” the lady answered, I am coming from Tanzania, I have come to that bungalow. The doctor answered, Oh you have come to meet Aga Khan, the lady answered, yes. After everything was done, check up, medication etc, the doctor asked that lady, “Can you pass a message to His Highness, the lady said, okay, if I am able to pass your message, I will certainly do it.

The doctor said, every time I wake up in the middle of the night one o’clock, 3 o’clock, 4 o’clock I always see His Highness’s study room lights ON, doing some work. He keeps working, working and working all the time with such a young age. You know He will get sick like this, because this has been going on for such a long time and each time I see Him working, I feel I should go and tell him not to work so hard

The doctor said. Can you pass a message to His Highness? Tell Him not to work so hard and to please try and take some rest also. The lady said okay, I will tell Him, the lady left and went to the bungalow and sat for Imam to call her.

Soon she was called to see Hazar Imam; they both sat in a room, talked, Du’a Ashish was given to the lady.

The lady said Khudawind, can I go now, Mowla said okay, you may go if you wish. As the lady was approaching to the door, Mowla asked His Murid, “Are you forgetting something”, the lady said no Khudawind, whatever I wanted to ask you I did, I don’t think I have anything else to say.

Mowla asked again, are you sure you are not forgetting anything. At that time the lady realized, the doctor asked me to give a message to Hazar Imam. The lady, yes Khudawind, I have a message for you, Mowla said, He wanted to hear that, I went to the doctor and the doctor told me you keep awake whole night and work very hard in this young age. You (Imam) should also sleep.

What Hazar Imam Replied!!!!!

Hazar Imam said, “If the Imam sleeps, the Whole World will sleep”
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Indeed that is true if imam goes to sleep the whole world also goes sleep.
Very touching story,
This story has also told in his one waez by Rai Dr. Abuali Aziz.
That lady was from Madagascar.
Thanks Admin to bring this story in light.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Nice indeed!
It is said in the Ginan: Utth Beythere Kiya tu Suta:

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/4225

Teraa ShahPir kadi na sove, teraa Mowla kadi na sove, tuje sonaa kiyu bhaave, tera sonaa bhalera nahi.

Meaning:

Your ShahPir never sleeps, your Mowla never sleeps, why do you delight in sleeping. Your sleeping is not good for you.
Last edited by kmaherali on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. (Qur'an 2:255)

The Man of God is drunken without wine
The Man of God is sated without meat
The Man of God is rapturous, amazed
The Man of God has neither food nor sleep
The Man of God is a king beneath a humble cloak
The Man of God is a treasure in a ruin
The Man of God in not of wind and earth
The Man of God is not of fire and water
The Man of God is a sea without a shore
The Man of God rains pearls without a cloud
The Man of God has a hundred moons and skies
The Man of God has hundred sunshines
The Man of God is wise through Truth
The Man of God is not a scholar from a book
The Man of God is beyond faith and disbelief alike
For the Man of God what sin and merit is there?
The Man of God rode away from Non-being
The Man of God has come, sublimely riding
The Man of God Is, Concealed, O Shamsudin!
Search for, and find - The Man of God.

---Jalaluddin Rumi---
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

"You may remember us for merely a couple of hours during ibadat, but we, on the other hand, always remember you at all times." (Farman - Poona, Jan 12, 1908)

"We are always remembering you day and night and we are constantly showering our blessings upon you. If your parents do not forget you, how can your Spiritual Father forget you? The love and affection of your Spiritual Father towards you is much more deeper and stronger." (Nairobi, December 19, 1945)
Admin

Post by Admin »

I think there is a spiritual dimension and a strong symbolism in this Farman:

Everything in the universe is sustained by the Light of the Imam.

If the Imam was to "not remember" us for a split second, we would cease to exist during this split second.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

RECENT PBS INTERVIEW

SALIM MERCHANT: Yes, He's like a spiritual leader, yes.

SULAIMAN MERCHANT: We pray to him to pray for us, and the beauty of that is we have somebody who's guiding us through our days.

SEVERSON: Is that a heavy weight on your shoulders?

HIS HIGHNESS THE AGA KHAN: Every day, every second.

www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/2015 ... ims/26534/#
Admin

Post by Admin »

Now the Extended Interview is also available on PBS

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethi ... iew/26633/