Soul

Discussion on doctrinal issues
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: Appreciate if you can post complete Ginan and name of the Pir.
I posted the link to the Ginan. However I have posted the traslation of the whole Ginan at:

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... highlight=

Thanks for reference of Ginan. Did Pir Sadardin or Pir Hasan Kabiruddin mentioned body of light or garments of light in their Ginans?
There is mention of 'man of light' in Ishraqi philosophy.

In the last part Syed Imam Shah has called himself as the Pir.

Pir Imaam Shaah ginaan kahine
sanbhalaaveaa - ke ho 11

Pir Imam Shah has narrated this Ginan and has made it heard, o dear brothers

Syed Imam Shah was Hafiz e Quran (memorized whole Quran). He was also Kaatib e Quran like his father and grand father. He had deep knowledge of Quran. Some time back the Quran handwritten by Syed Imam Shah, which used to lie near his tomb, mysteriously disappeared. Toronto library may have copy of hand written Quran by Syed Saheb, I am not sure.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: Thanks for reference of Ginan. Did Pir Sadardin or Pir Hasan Kabiruddin mentioned body of light or garments of light in their Ginans?

In Buj Niranjan, Pir Sadardeen says:

re tu(n)hee ...
jees gurku(n) satagur kahu(n)
so ve bhae ghatt maa(n)e re;
jo ghattathee pragatt hoe,
to rome rome sukh paaere......................................IX

O You, ... The one whom I call the True Guide is really within us. When this fact is realised through the inner enlightenment, then one attains peace in every pore of his being(his/her whole being is immersed in peace and joy).

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/23011

Not only does the enlightened person wear enlightened clothes but he/she is also able to enlighten the sand around him as per Buj Niranjan:

PART SIX

ek aalam suno meraa meetaa
dhartee bhee taa arash jo keetaa(retee laee rasaj jo keetaa)......1

Listen to a story, my friend, about a spiritually elevated person who elevated even the sand around him.

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/23011

Although Sayyed Imam Shah was not appointed Pir, he was a highly elevated soul and attained the purpose of life - merging himself in the Noor as per verse in Jannat Puri:

Eji Anant prakaare aadheen thaee ubhaa, ane Shaah ji sun kidhi ardaas;
Have maher karo saachaa saaeeyaa, hun chhun tamaaro daas ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..45

I stood most humbly and obediently in his presence, praying to the Shah: "Have mercy on me, O, True Lord! I am thy most obedient slave!

Eji Saami tamne jaani aashaj aanni, to tame karaavyo didaar;
Have bhav bandhanthi chhuttyaa, ane paamiyaa pahele paar ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .46

O, Lord! Having seen thee, as I desired, now that thou hast most graciously granted thy didaar to me, my soul's liberation (salvation)" has been attained, I have attained my goal.

Eji Saami anant aashaa tamej puri, ane hun karun chhun ardaas;
Amne sarag jovaano kod chhe, tame dekhaado sarag aavaas ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .47

O, Lord! Thousands upon thousands of my wishes have been granted by Thee! Now I most humbly crave thy permission to go and visit Paradise! Grant me this mercifully so that I may visit it."

Eji Hasi kari Noorshaah boliyaa, e kaayaa na pahonche koee;
E maattini kaayaa kem pahonche, baap daadaa tamaaraa joye ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..48

Nur Shah smiled at this request, and uttered: "No living human being can go there. How can the material body of flesh penetrate there? Thy father and grandfathers are there."

Eji Taare ardaas kari gur ubhaa rahyaa, Saami tame shrestth naa sirjannhaar;
Pann paatinun hak ame maangie, tenu dekhaado sarag duaar ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 49

The Guru, however, insisted on his request, saying: "O, Lord! Thou art the Creator of the Universe I have to claim my share of inheritance; this is why I ask permission to visit Paradise."

Eji Tyaare Chandan vir to saathe didho, te hato Jibraaeel no avtaar;
Te aagarr thaeene chaaliyaa, ane gayaa te gaar minjaar ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 50

Thereupon the Lord gave him as a companion Chandan Vir. He was an incarnation of Angel Gabriel. He became my guide, and I followed him. He went into a cave, and I went after him.

http://ismaili.net/heritage/node/30587

Below is what you posted about the encounter of Sayyed Imam Shah with the Imam:

The Imam enquired about the welfare of Jamats in his father's jurisdiction and in the course of audience, the Imam was pleased to reveal the appointment of Syed Imam-ud-din's uncle, Syed Tajdeen, as the next Pir in succession to Pir Hasan Kabir-ud-din. He urged upon the young Imam-ud-din to rededicate himself, with renewed zeal to the task on concerted prayers and intensive propagation of Ismaili faith in accordance with the last wishes of his father. On hearing the appointment of Pir Tajdeen in succession to Pir Hasan Kabir-ud-din, Syed Imam-ud-din was visibly effected, frustration and disappointment showing in his face. The Imam, seeing his reaction, consoled him and re-assured him that, though Piratan was not his destiny yet, the Imam was pleased to bestow the Mystic Great Name on him and ordered him to continue his mission on the Gujrat Coast.
swamidada_2

Post by swamidada_2 »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote: Thanks for reference of Ginan. Did Pir Sadardin or Pir Hasan Kabiruddin mentioned body of light or garments of light in their Ginans?

Not only does the enlightened person wear enlightened clothes but he/she is On hearing the appointment of Pir Tajdeen in succession to Pir Hasan Kabir-ud-din, Syed Imam-ud-din was visibly effected, frustration and disappointment showing in his face. The Imam, seeing his reaction, consoled him and re-assured him that, though Piratan was not his destiny yet, the Imam was pleased to bestow the Mystic Great Name on him and ordered him to continue his mission on the Gujrat Coast.
In my opinion;
When Imam refused to offer him Piratan he was frustrated. He should have said Ameen and should have avoided mentioning himself Pir. This is not the only Ginan but there are few other Ginans in which he has mentioned himself as Pir. In JK when such Ginan is recited in the last part he is mentioned as Pir.

Apart from this my argument is, for example I do not have any title and start mentioning my self as Aitamadi or waras is not appropriate because I am not given such title by Imam of the time, means I am cheating Imam and jamaits.