Ali Budh Ali Budh

Discussion on Devotional lit.
Post Reply
Guest

Ali Budh Ali Budh

Post by Guest »

Does anyone know where to find the text and sound of the qasida "Ali Budh Ali Budh"?<BR>I searched o&shy;n the internet but it keeps giving me the results of Ali Burdah and I don't know&nbsp;<BR>what that is. <BR>Please if you have the text or sound of it than post it o&shy;n this website as a reply. <BR>Pleaseeeeeeeeeee......<BR>Thank You
mini555
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:19 am

ya ali madad

Post by mini555 »

try bud ali bud thats work
kmaherali
Posts: 24048
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:01 pm

Post by kmaherali »

Qasida: Ta Surato Paiwande Jahan - Before the universe had a form

Qasida Gist:

The Holy Quran (4:174) states:

"O mankind! Verily there hath come to you a Convincing Proof (Hujja) from your Lord: For we have sent unto you a Manifest Light (Nurun Mubeen)."

According to the Shia interpretation, the Hujja is the Imam of the time. Nasr Khusraw in his Kalame Pir translated into English by Ivanow, elaborates on the concept of Hujjah: "The Imam is the Hujja or Proof of God, and it is for this reason that some Imams have said, "What is said about God refers to us."

This Qasida penned by Shams-i Tabriz the man who transformed Mowlana Rumi from a learned religious teacher into the world's greatest poet of mystical love, illuminates this notion of the Hujja having the qualities God. It highlights that Ali was there before creation of space and time. He was the legatee (wasi ) of the Prophet and was present with all Prophets assisting them in their mission. He is present as a life giving soul in every aspect and part of creation and the knower of the secrets of the apparent (zahir) and the hidden (batin).

Transliteration and Translation

Ta Surat-o piwand-i jahan bud Ali bud
Ta naqsh-i zamin bud zaman bud Ali bud


Before the universe had a form, Ali was present
Before space and time were implanted, Ali was present

Shahi ke wali budo wasi bud Ali bud
Sultan-i sakha-o karam-o jud Ali bud


The Friend of God (wali) and the legatee (wasi) of the Prophet, is Ali
The King of generosity and mercy is Ali

Ham Adam-o ham Shish-o ham Idris-o ham Ayub
Ham Yusuf-o ham Yunus-o ham Hud Ali bud


With (Prophets) Adam, Sheth, Idris, Ayyub
Yusuf, Yunus and Hud, Ali was present

Ham Musa-o ham Issa-o ham Khizr-o ham Ilyas
Ham Salihe Paygambar-o Daud Ali bud


With (Prophets) Musa and Issa, Khizar, and Iliyas
Prophets Salih and Doud, Ali was present

An Lahma lahmi bishinau ta ke bidani
An yarr ke-o nafs-i nabi bud Ali bud


If you listen to the hadith : lahmaka lahami ( your body is my body ) you will come to know
That the helper and the soul(nafs) of the Prophet was Ali

Chandanke nazar kardam-o didam ba haqiqat
Az ru-i yaqin barhama mawjud Ali bud


Wherever I see, I witness this truth (haqiqat) clearly
The soul nature that is certainly pervading everything, is Ali

Khatam ke dar angushat-i Sulimane nabi bud
An Nur-i Khudai ke bar-o bud Ali bud


The ring that was in the finger of Prophet Suleman
Was emanating the Noor of God, in which Ali was present

An shah-i sarafraz ke andar shab-i mi’raj
Ba Ahmad-i Mukhtar yaki bud Ali bud


That honorable King (Shah) who was with the Prophet in night of Me'raj
Was the one with Ahmad e Mukhtar, and He was Ali

Sere do Jahan jumla zi paidaw-o zi pinhan
Shamsul-Haqi tabreez qui binmood Ali bud


The revealer of all the secrets of both worlds - zahir and batin
To Shamsul Haqq Tabriz was non other than Ali

Ta Surat-o piwand-i jahan bud Ali bud
Ta naqsh-i zamin bud zaman bud Ali bud


Before the universe had a form, Ali was present
Before space and time were implanted, Ali was present

From Kuliyat-e Hazrat Shamsh-i Tabriz

[/b]
shivaathervedi
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:39 pm

Post by shivaathervedi »

Paragraph by Kmaherali:

"This Qasida penned by Shams-i Tabriz the man who transformed Mowlana Rumi from a learned religious teacher into the world's greatest poet of mystical love, illuminates this notion of the Hujja having the qualities God. It highlights that Ali was there before creation of space and time. He was the legatee (wasi ) of the Prophet and was present with all Prophets assisting them in their mission. He is present as a life giving soul in every aspect and part of creation and the knower of the secrets of the apparent (zahir) and the hidden (batin)."


Please note that above Qasida mentioned by you was not penned by Shams Tabriz but was written by Mowlana Rumi himself and devoted to Shams. In some instances Rumi has used 'Shams' as his pen name.

Also note that in this poem the word used is " BUUD" means " WAS " and not
"HAST " means " IS ".

Rumi has used the words for mowla Ali as WALI and WASI. This is what mentioned in the Preamble, as Imam WROTE," ..... the Holy Prophet DESIGNATED AND APPOINTED HIS COUSIN AND SON IN LAW HAZRAT MAWLANA ALI TO BE FIRST IMAM TO CONTINUE THE TA'WIL AND TA'LIM OF ALLAH'S FINAL MESSAGE..."

In your explanation you have written for Mowla Ali as," PART OF CREATION ", can you elaborate what you mean by that, Was Ali as a partner with Allah in creation?!
kmaherali
Posts: 24048
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:01 pm

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote: Please note that above Qasida mentioned by you was not penned by Shams Tabriz but was written by Mowlana Rumi himself and devoted to Shams. In some instances Rumi has used 'Shams' as his pen name.?!
Interesting! What is your basis of saying this? Any documentary evidence?
shivaathervedi wrote: Also note that in this poem the word used is " BUUD" means " WAS " and not
"HAST " means " IS ".?!
In poetry it is not uncommon to mix tenses.
shivaathervedi wrote: Rumi has used the words for mowla Ali as WALI and WASI. This is what mentioned in the Preamble, as Imam WROTE," ..... the Holy Prophet DESIGNATED AND APPOINTED HIS COUSIN AND SON IN LAW HAZRAT MAWLANA ALI TO BE FIRST IMAM TO CONTINUE THE TA'WIL AND TA'LIM OF ALLAH'S FINAL MESSAGE..."?!
Yes he has used those terms to allude to the historical nature of the Hujjah. The Hujjah can assume any function and role that is best for the particular context. Remember in the beginning he said the Ali existed even before creation! Therefore we should not confine or restrict Ali to only his historical role.
shivaathervedi wrote: In your explanation you have written for Mowla Ali as," PART OF CREATION ", can you elaborate what you mean by that, Was Ali as a partner with Allah in creation?!
You have read only part of my sentence. I said "He is present as a life giving soul in every aspect and part of creation." Just as being closer to your jugular vein...
shivaathervedi
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:39 pm

Post by shivaathervedi »

kmaherali wrote:
shivaathervedi wrote: Please note that above Qasida mentioned by you was not penned by Shams Tabriz but was written by Mowlana Rumi himself and devoted to Shams. In some instances Rumi has used 'Shams' as his pen name.?!
Interesting! What is your basis of saying this? Any documentary evidence?
shivaathervedi wrote: Also note that in this poem the word used is " BUUD" means " WAS " and not
"HAST " means " IS ".?!
In poetry it is not uncommon to mix tenses.
shivaathervedi wrote: Rumi has used the words for mowla Ali as WALI and WASI. This is what mentioned in the Preamble, as Imam WROTE," ..... the Holy Prophet DESIGNATED AND APPOINTED HIS COUSIN AND SON IN LAW HAZRAT MAWLANA ALI TO BE FIRST IMAM TO CONTINUE THE TA'WIL AND TA'LIM OF ALLAH'S FINAL MESSAGE..."?!
Yes he has used those terms to allude to the historical nature of the Hujjah. The Hujjah can assume any function and role that is best for the particular context. Remember in the beginning he said the Ali existed even before creation! Therefore we should not confine or restrict Ali to only his historical role.
shivaathervedi wrote: In your explanation you have written for Mowla Ali as," PART OF CREATION ", can you elaborate what you mean by that, Was Ali as a partner with Allah in creation?!
You have read only part of my sentence. I said "He is present as a life giving soul in every aspect and part of creation." Just as being closer to your jugular vein...

It is a well known fact that KULIYAT or DIWAN was penned by Rumi and not Shams Tabriz.
Reference;
Diwan-e Shams-e Tabrizi
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
"Divan e Kabir or Divan e Shams Tabriz is one of Mowlana Jalal-ad-Din Muhammad Balakhi's (Rumi) masterpieces. A collection of lyric poems that contains more than 40,000 verses."

To prove your point you can mix tenses, but literally or according to grammar it is not correct. Shams Tabriz passed away, we say he was, and do not say he is.

Prophet said; ANA WA ALIYUN MIN NOORIN WAHID. Allah first created Noor e Mustafa and Noor e Murtaza before creation. So it is correct to say Noor e Ali was before creation.
Hujjah on his own shall not adopt any role or function until given by higher authority, because he is called Hujjatullah.

In Ismaili terminology Ali is considered as Universal soul or Nafsun wahidah. Please revisit your sentence, you wrote," He is present as a life giving soul in every aspect and PART OF CREATION." Means creator is some other entity but Ali is part of it and not as a sole proprietor.
Last edited by shivaathervedi on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kmaherali
Posts: 24048
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:01 pm

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote: It is a well known fact that KULIYAT or DIWAN was penned by Rumi and not Shams Tabriz.
Reference;
Diwan-e Shams-e Tabrizi
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
"Divan e Kabir or Divan e Shams Tabriz is one of Mowlana Jalal-ad-Din Muhammad Balakhi's (Rumi) masterpieces. A collection of lyric poems that contains more than 40,000 verses.".
I know that the Divan was penned by Rumi. If kulliyat and Divan are the same, then I stand corrected.

However their relationship was such that they became one, hence no difference whether it was one or the other.
shivaathervedi wrote: To prove your point you can mix tenses, but literally or according to grammar it is not correct. Shams Tabriz passed away, we say he was, and do not say he is..
From a poetic perspective in some situations was can mean is. For example in many cases Ali was and Ali is can mean the same if we consider the Noor.
shivaathervedi wrote: Prophet said; ANA WA ALIYUN MIN NOORIN WAHID. Allah first created Noor e Mustafa and Noor e Murtaza before creation. So it is correct to say Noor e Ali was before creation.
Hujjah on his own shall not adopt any role or function until given by higher authority, because he is called Hujjatullah.

In Ismaili terminology Ali is considered as Universal soul or Nafsun wahidah. Please revisit your sentence, you wrote," He is present as a life giving soul in every aspect and PART OF CREATION." Means creator is some other entity but Ali is part of it and not as a sole proprietor.
We have been through this over and over. For you Hujjah is not the same as God for me it is. So let us agree to disagree and move on.
shivaathervedi
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:39 pm

Post by shivaathervedi »

kmaherali wrote:
shivaathervedi wrote: It is a well known fact that KULIYAT or DIWAN was penned by Rumi and not Shams Tabriz.
Reference;
Diwan-e Shams-e Tabrizi
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
"Divan e Kabir or Divan e Shams Tabriz is one of Mowlana Jalal-ad-Din Muhammad Balakhi's (Rumi) masterpieces. A collection of lyric poems that contains more than 40,000 verses.".
I know that the Divan was penned by Rumi. If kulliyat and Divan are the same, then I stand corrected.

However their relationship was such that they became one, hence no difference whether it was one or the other.
shivaathervedi wrote: To prove your point you can mix tenses, but literally or according to grammar it is not correct. Shams Tabriz passed away, we say he was, and do not say he is..
From a poetic perspective in some situations was can mean is. For example in many cases Ali was and Ali is can mean the same if we consider the Noor.
shivaathervedi wrote: Prophet said; ANA WA ALIYUN MIN NOORIN WAHID. Allah first created Noor e Mustafa and Noor e Murtaza before creation. So it is correct to say Noor e Ali was before creation.
Hujjah on his own shall not adopt any role or function until given by higher authority, because he is called Hujjatullah.

In Ismaili terminology Ali is considered as Universal soul or Nafsun wahidah. Please revisit your sentence, you wrote," He is present as a life giving soul in every aspect and PART OF CREATION." Means creator is some other entity but Ali is part of it and not as a sole proprietor.
We have been through this over and over. For you Hujjah is not the same as God for me it is. So let us agree to disagree and move on.
Just passing remarks on couple of your sentences....
You wrote," However their relationship was such that they became one, hence no difference whether it was one or the other." Strange, a monumental literary work of one person can not be credited to other. By the way I and Justin ( PM of Canada ) are same (human beings), can you consider me as PM of Canada?
You wrote," From a poetic perspective in some situations was can mean is."
I just say; JO CHAHEY AAK KA HUSUN KARISHMA SAAZ KAREY.
EJI GULNAZ KAHTI HAI TOU THEK KAHTI HAI. (don't mind, just kidding)
kmaherali
Posts: 24048
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:01 pm

Post by kmaherali »

Shams Tabrizi's "Bood Ali Bood" - Kashif Din

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmgDn_Oo7_g

Ta Surato Paywand Jahan Bood Ali Bood
Before the universe had a form, Ali was present

Kashif Din presents his rendition of Shams Tabrizi's well-known qasida "Bood Ali Bood" - with a guitar, rubab and flute accompaniment.

Shams Tabrizi was a 13th century Persian Sufi Master, a poet, a philosopher as well as a spiritual guide of Mawlana Jalal al-Din Rumi.

Kashif Din is a talented and promising composer, songwriter, vocalist as well as music producer based in Northern Pakistan. He has also sung, with Nimra Rafiq, a Burushaski song "Bo Giyam" with fusion music and Urdu lines on the popular Coke Studio television programme in their Season 12.

We hope you enjoy this beautiful rendition of "Bood Ali Bood"!
swamidada
Posts: 903
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:59 pm

Post by swamidada »

Please reflect on the following line from Rumi's famous Qasidah.

SHAHI KE WALI BUUD WASI BUUD ALI BUUD.

Ismailis do not use the words wali and wasi for Ali.
Admin
Posts: 6314
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:37 am
Contact:

Post by Admin »

swamidada wrote:Please reflect on the following line from Rumi's famous Qasidah.

SHAHI KE WALI BUUD WASI BUUD ALI BUUD.

Ismailis do not use the words wali and wasi for Ali.
True but Rumi was not an Ismaili though he was a pupil of an Ismaili. Rumi did have his own ideas, not all of which were influenced by ismailism or Tabriz.
Post Reply