Hazrat Hassan considered as second Imam by Isna Shri

Whatever happened before 910 A.D.

Hazrat Hassan considered as second Imam by Isna Shri

Post by Guest »

I wanted to know as to y is it so that they consider Hazarat Hassan as the successor of hazrat Ali.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Because he inherited the Khilafat from Hazarat Ali.

According to our tradition Imam Husein was the second Imam. Imamat does not pass from brother to brother. It can only pass from father to son or grandfather to grandson.

For more on this subject you may want to go to:

Doctrines -> Hazar Imam to manifest as "The Mahdi" for the other Sh"

Post by Guest »

hi again but i just want to inquire as to do we have any reference realted to wht u said that is successors can only be children or granchildren not sibblings
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Anonymous wrote:hi again but i just want to inquire as to do we have any reference realted to wht u said that is successors can only be children or granchildren not sibblings
Will of Aga Khan III, Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah.

During the death of the Aga Khan III on July 11, 1957, his family members were in Geneva. Otto Giesen, a solicitor with the firm of Slaughter and May, brought the Will of the Aga Khan III to Geneva from Lloyds Bank, London, and read it at Barkat Villa before the Imam's family that:-

"Ever since the time of my ancestor Ali, the first Imam, that is to say over a period of thirteen hundred years, it has always been the tradition of our family that each Imam chooses his successor at his absolute and unfettered discretion from amongst any of his descendants, whether they be sons or remote male issue and in these circumstances and in view of the fundamentally altered conditions in the world in very recent years due to the great changes which have taken place including the discoveries of atomic science, I am convinced that it is in the best interest of the Shia Muslim Ismailia Community that I should be succeeded by a young man who has been brought up and developed during recent years and in the midst of the new age and who brings a new outlook on life to his office as Imam. For these reasons, I appoint my grandson Karim, the son of my own son, Aly Salomone Khan to succeed to the title of Aga Khan and to the Imam and Pir of all Shia Ismailian followers."

Also in the book "Paradise of Submission" by Nasir al-Din Tusi (pg. 123) , Imam Hassan Ala Zikaris Salaam is quoted as saying "'We are the people of eternity'(quoting Imam Jaffer as sadiq).[The essential nature of the Imam will never change], even when he is a drop of sperm in the loins of his father, or [a fetus] in the womb of his mother."