GENERAL HIDAYATS FOR JAMATS - Short Quotes

Discussion on doctrinal issues
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

If you are united you will be able to serve and also remain strong. With this, Hazar Imam will help you in the world also, else others will overpower you.

Nairobi- March 22, 1926.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

You should be united. Our Religion preaches that we should let bygones be bygone. That is one specialty of our Religion. Even if one harms you, you should forgive him. If you do not do this, how are you going to derive benefits from our Religion. Even if a wrong is done unto you, you should forgive.

Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah
Kurla, Feb 19, 1935.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

I must once more inform my beloved spiritual children that economy in daily life as part of Religion is necessary. You must not squander money on gambling, betting on horses, unnecessary expensive clothes and false jewellery. Constant attention to economy in life not to spend more than necessary even if rich so as not to show superiority over others.

Marseilles Sep 10, 1951 (Talika to Burma)
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

.....But are you surprised at your age that Khoja Ismailis are held back by their intense personal jealousy, which is opposed to their Religion but which, by some racial influence is always coming up. If you read my Farmans during the last sixty years, I have often said that if Khola Ismailis had not this jealousy and this anxiety to pull each other down, with their Iman, with their devotion, all the other good qualities such as good children, good husbands, good fathers and mothers, with these wonderful characteristics they would have been the first community in the world. Unfortunately this one poison pulls them down. I particularly add the word "Khoja" Ismailis, because I have not found such jealousy among non Khoja Ismailis of Syria, Iran, Afghanistan, Central Asia and other countries.

Excerpt from a letter written by Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah to Wazir G. A Dossani on April 12, 1955.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

If you desire the emancipation of your soul, then keep your soul in the love and affection of God. Never forget God even for one moment but always think of Him.

Bagamoya Sep 20, 1899.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

As you have in your body the flesh and blood of your worldly parents, similarly you have in your soul that of your Spiritual Father: by this you should understand that you are the Spiritual Children of your Spiritual Father. You are the sons (and daughters) of one father and brothers to one another.

Nairobi - March 30, 1945.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

*"You perform bay‘ah, but you must first understand it’s meaning and then offer bay‘ah. When you offer me bay‘ah it means that you extend your hand to me with a promise…He who obeys me and promises to follow me after offering me bay‘ah I also give him my promise that I shall hold his hand in the Hereafter. The trials and tribulations of the Day of Judgment are very frightening and painful. I will keep him away from this."*

.....MSMS
.....Manjewadi,
.....October 31, 1903
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

An excerpt from Mawlana Hazar Imam’s speech at the opening ceremony of The Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat in Ottawa, Canada on December 6, 2008. In the speech, Mawlana Hazar Imam says:

As the Holy Quran so powerfully affirms, “Allah is the Creator and the Master of the heavens and the earth.” And then it continues: “Everything in the heavens and on earth, and everything between them, and everything beneath the soil, belongs to Him.” But in Islamic thought, as in this building, beauty and mystery are not separated from intellect – in fact, the reverse is true. As we use our intellect to gain new knowledge about Creation, we come to see even more profoundly the depth and breadth of its mysteries.

We explore unknown regions beneath the seas - and in outer space. We reach back over hundreds of millions of years in time. Extra-ordinary fossilised geological specimens seize our imagination - palm leaves, amethyst flowers, hedgehog quartz, sea lilies, chrysanthemum and a rich panoply of shells. Indeed, these wonders are found beneath the very soil on which we tread – in every corner of the world - and they connect us with far distant epochs and environments.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Love and Support One Another

Remember that both in this world and in the next you will be greatly rewarded for loving your brothers and sisters and supporting each other on every occasion.

As always you are in my prayers, heart and thoughts.

(Idd-ul-Azha Message, 5-6-1959)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Be ambitious, but not greedy

So I say to my Jamat: think intelligently ahead, build sound foundations, educate your children, be ambitious, but not greedy - - be ambitious, but not greedy - - and bring as much support as you can to every future generations of every family. Build around peace, help, come in support of those who are in need of support, be generous with your time and your thought, and assist those who are facing worldly difficulties. Our Jamat is one big brotherhood, and I expect every murid to be available to help every other murid when there are difficulties that have to be addressed.(MHI DJ Farman, Lisbon, Portugal7 July 2018)
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

When the devil wants to exploit you and you think of taking tobacco and alcohol and you are force by devil to use them, then if you remember me and think of me , it will be all easy.

Karachi- Feb 4, 1951.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

It is also in this context that I have instructed my institutions to make available to the Jamat globally, within the next year or so, a formal, uniform text of the Shia Imami Ismaili NAMAZ that I will have approved. This text, which is fully aligned with most forms of NAMAZ practiced historically within the Jamat, and in many other schools of Islam, will reflect the centrality of the hereditary Imamat in our Tariqah.

December 13, 2008
Aiglemont, France.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

My leaders are not telling the Jamaits what Imam is telling them to tell the Jamaits.
July 5, 2008 - London
Admin

Post by Admin »

swamidada wrote:My leaders are not telling the Jamaits what Imam is telling them to tell the Jamaits.
July 5, 2008 - London
If you do not have an accurate version or the audio, please do not post false quote under the name of the Imam. This is not what the Imam said. If your purpose is just to denigrate the leaders and not to relate accurately what the imam said, please refrain from posting. The Bible says "you will not take the name of the Lord in vain". You have been warned, attributing falsely, as per your habit your own words to our Imam is a sure way to loose your right to post here. You will not be allowed to post anymore here for the next 4 weeks. It does not look like you are learning from your past mistakes.

He said: "My spiritual children will be wondering why Hazar Imam is talking to us about economics. I am doing it because My Leaders ask Me, but I am not sure they tell you what I tell them"
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

I respect leaders because Hazar Imam said so to respect my leaders. There are good leaders beside many bad arrogant leaders. I have many stories of their blunders. For example when you and few leaders involved fighting case in Canadian courts. That was the bad judgement of those leaders. It was a unfathomable blunder ever made. Never happened in Ismaili history. That case disrespected Imam and Institution of Imamat. It is a dark chapter of Ismaili history.

Some times leaders neglect Imam's Hidayat, for example, during G J Imam gave Hidayat about Ismaili Namaz. 12 years passed it is not implemented, why some strong leaders do not want it.

Let me quote a leader who told me 10 years back during discussion, " He (IMAM) IS NOT GIVINING US IN WRITING, AND WE CAN'T FACE THE RAGE OF JAMAITS". I am ignoring one more sentence which that leader told me, it is not appropriate to write. It shows leaders want Hidayat in writing to implement or explain to Jamaits.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

SHARING AS RECEIVED
—————————————

Guidance from MHI
(Areas of concern and priority)

Employment/ unemployment and changes in business.
- Covid accelerated digitization. Prepare for the future: “research” - anticipate opportunities, focus on “growth”. Don’t wait - upgrade yourselves if you’re in field of work that is volatile.
- Hazir imam expressed “concern” that some individuals will lose their jobs if they remain behind in certain job categories
- Micro credentialing - take courses. A lot of universities providing them. Make use of this to level up.

Networking/Mentoring
- 50 years since jamat has been settling in Canada. A lot of ismailies are in excellent positions and professions
- Networking is natural for some but not for others. Network! Find individuals within the jamat who can guide you, help you so you don’t repeat the same mistakes; so you leverage best learnings in the jamat. Help one another; come together.
- Those who have strengths must help those who need help- to level the playing field. Individuals can learn from one another. Those who need support from jamat should learn from the best in jamat.
- Importance of networking - professional growth and personal confidence. “Who you know is sometimes more important than what you know”.
- Mentorship initiative(?): Council launching mentorship program that will connect jamat with industry leaders, thinkers and counsellors to support, guide and think through where opportunities might be.
- Have a clear map and understanding of where you want to go, how you will come out of crisis and look for opportunities

Mental health
- Seek assistance early. “Everything is not depression” there are so many other conditions.
- Families should come together when an individual needs support. Important to have open and safe lines of communication so you have a circle of support. As a result, over time, Resilience, understanding and capacity will be built in every family to navigate mental health conditions.
- Hazir imam gave guidance in 2019- if member of jamat has difficulty in addressing mental health issues then approach jamati MK. In Canada, they (MK) should be trained in mental health first aid.

ECD (early childhood development)
- Hazir imam has stressed to maximize the opportunities of development in a child’s early years
- 60-65% of adult intellect is formed by age 4. 80-85% is formed by age 6.
- It’s not just about academic learning but also nurturing children to be “grounded in faith”, grounded emotionally, build family bond, and establish healthy relationships. These capacities are formed in the first 6 years hence this period must be optimized. Hazir imam wants this for his jamat.

Newcomers:
- People look to Canada as potential to settle in. To have opportunity you must have language, communication skills.
- It’s hard to settle without literacy. It’s therefore important to invest in language. English or French.
- this will make it easier for families to settle.

To the younger generations
* Guide your parents and grandparents to emerge from covid
* Help them understand the change this world is experiencing. If they need help in their jobs/businesses/industry, help them. Encourage their education and professional growth. Make sure they don’t lose their confidence.
* Holy Quran says- our parents helped us gain our full strength in life. As they age, we need to make sure they don’t lose their strength. And if they do; we should support them.
* Challenge of mental health and income insecurity are applying to our parents and grandparents. Be there for them.

*** Invest in soft skills. This equally determines career progression. How you look at people, your sense of humility, how relatable you are, how you interact with people, and how you manage relationships. These qualities and that of networking are crucial and important determinants of progress in business.

In sum, invest in building capacity for the future, in communication skills, family resilience and in life long learning.

🖕🏼Gist of National Presidentsaheb’s presentation to the BC Jamat last week.

☝️Sent as received. Please verify.

"Be like the flower that gives its fragrance even to the hand that crushes it" ......Imam Ali (AS)
Sent from my iPhone
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

The most important problem for us today is to create students who are capable of going back and of reading the ORIGINAL TEXTS of our history, of reading these texts in Arabic, of reading them in Persian, of reading them in Urdu, of reading them in Gujrati, of reading them in any language in which they have been written. More than ever today we must be able to publish authoritative documents based on PRIMARY SOURCES. There is no point in our reading, re-reading, and re-reading third hand or fourth hand documents. We can only get tied up in other people's interpretations, get further, and further away from the original concept and thoroughly muddle and cloud what should be the truth.
I would like the Association in the years to come to do everything possible, including pick its best students and grant them scholarships to study in universities where they read Persian or Arabic, or to go to other parts of Pakistan where they will learn fluent and high class Urdu.

An extract from a speech of Hazar Imam given at Ismailia Association Pakistan.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

In the ebb and flow of history, "knowledge is a shield against the blows of time". It dispels "the torment of ignorance" and nourishes "peace to blossom forth in the soul".

Hazar Imam, quoting Nasir Khusraw during the speech made at the Foundation stone laying ceremony of The Ismaili Center Dushanbe, Tajikistan, August 30, 2003.
swamidada

Re: GENERAL HIDAYATS FOR JAMATS - Short Quotes

Post by swamidada »

Cannes,11th January,1953.

My dear President and members;

You must call people who are publishing news and read them the following:
When my son Prince Ali Khan comes to Africa he should not be described as "VALI AHAD" A WORD you use for him. This word in Arabic and limited to Persia and has nothing to do with IMAMAT. It is entirely a matter of Persian secular constitution. In our Tariqah the Imamat usually has been given to a PIR as successor. At present there is no independent PIR, I myself holding this position.
Aga Khan
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

I commend you, not to keep enmity with those who have left our Faith. Let them have their own way and you to have your own. Our Faith preaches never to be hostile to any body.

Kutch Nagalpur Nov 25, 1903.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah said, " My Farmans in years to come will be quite different from the present ones". In other Farman he said," I have made many changes in Farmans and am still altering them according to times". ( Precious Pearls- Farman Booklet published in 1954).