GENERAL HIDAYATS FOR JAMATS - Short Quotes

Discussion on doctrinal issues
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Date: Saturday, March 26, 2016, 11:58 AM Forwarded as received:

Recently MHI had meeting with LIF leaders - Our president of DRC also attended the meeting he shared some of the things which Hazar Imam wants us to do.

1. Hazar Imam is worried about Syrian Jamat and He said:

"every individual should ask "dua in personal tasbih".

2. Be prudent.

3. Save money, time will change and the world will get more expensive.

4. Learn English and have Computer knowledge it's very important,

Europe n Portugal is facing crisis so their educated youth will come to Africa to compete with our youth in Africa.

5. Social media like Facebook BlackBerry, whatsapp should be used in a
constructive way and not for the sake of fun or time pass...
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Life is not fortuitous

It is a source of very great happiness that I have spent this time with my spiritual children from Pakistan and elsewhere. And it gives me great joy to be able to share with you some important thoughts of the future of the Jamat in Pakistan and indeed elsewhere. Over the past decades, life in the developing world changed significantly. Inshallah, there will continue to be qualitative improvements. But those qualitative improvements don’t depend on fortuity. They depend on hard work, on institutions, on intelligent response to identify problems. Good economic management of the individual and the family, good care for the proper use of education, good care of your health, these are all aspects which each individual and the Jamat and every family should think of carefully as time goes by.

Longevity, that is the average span of life that each individual has, longevity has increased. But with it, it is important to make sure that the quality of that longevity is what it should be. Not just that individuals and families live longer lives but that they live better lives. This is an important message, an important issue for my Jamat to consider. What is it that you define as a better quality of lives for yourself, in your work, in your families, in the service which the institutions render. If longevity increases, then plan for that increase. Protect your health by regular check-ups. Keep resources, or develop resources for future generations of the family. And remember that those future generations in the family are likely to live longer than you do, because longevity is getting longer. So I am saying to my Jamat in Pakistan, think clearly ahead of what it is that you wish from your lives, and then seek to find the institutional support, introduce into your family activities regular checkpoints to make sure that you are achieving the result that you want to achieve.

To my Jamat in Pakistan, this may seem a strange farman. You may say to yourselves, it is difficult for us to think and work in a way such as the Imam of the time has suggested. But I want to leave in your minds, the men in the Jamat and the women in the Jamat, that life is not only fortuitous. It is not only accidental. That with careful and questioned thinking, you can build better futures for yourselves. And I would like you to keep this in mind today.

(Karachi -Pakistan on Oct. 25th, 2000, P.M. Darkhana)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Leaders never retired

And I want My spiritual children tonight, to remember what I have said to you: that trees hold the soil firm, whether those trees are alive or not, and this is something very important. Because, when My program was given to me, I saw the word "retired" in front of the word "leaders" and leaders are never retired. In the eyes of the Imam, in the heart of the Imam, in the affection of the Imam, in the mind of the Imam, in the memory of the Imam, leaders are never retired; and I don't want that word to be part of your vocabulary. Use it for other people if you want, but not for yourselves; in business, in politics, but never in the eyes of the Imam - because the young need this guidance, need this permanency of the practice, of the understanding, of the attitudes; and don't forget that perhaps in the Western World more than ever, that leadership is necessary. So don't use that word "retired." And on the contrary, remember that everyday, your example, your practice, your wisdom is and should be there - for the young of My Jamat to learn from, to benefit from, to pattern their future work on what you have done in the past.

(Toronto, Canada. Tuesday, April 26, 1983.Mulaqat with Past Leaders)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Significance of the D.I.I. building in Ottawa

I am particularly happy, on this visit to Canada, to be able to establish the Delegation Building in Ottawa which will represent the most important institutions of the Aga Khan Development Network and which will be located in the capital of Canada. That choice has been made with much thought, for it is in Canada that the values of pluralism are best respected, best protected in the industrialized World. And it is My hope that the Jamat in Canada will internalize these values and then bring them, and the new knowledge that you have gained in this part of the world, to serve the Jamat in other parts of the globe, where knowledge and competence in all fields of human endeavour are deeply needed in order for the Jamat and others to be able to live with hope and trust in the future.

On this occasion I would also like to say how happy and honoured I have been, in the way I have been received by the Government of Canada, and the recognition they have given to My work. But it is really the Jamats work, not My work that is recognized in this honour that they have bestowed upon Me.

So I think that while the Delegation Building in Ottawa will have the purpose of being a representational building, each murid who lives and works in Canada is, in his or her way , an ambassador of the Jamat in Canada.

( Vancouver, Friday, June 10, 2005, P.M.)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Management of knowledge

The younger generation of the Jamat is living in a world where knowledge is totally different from what it was fifty years or more ago. Some decades ago, human knowledge seemed, in a strange way, to be finite. Today, human knowledge is growing extremely rapidly. Therefore, the management of knowledge has become an essential aspect of the lives of young people in the Industrialized World and elsewhere. It is not the quantity of knowledge you have - it is how you seek out that knowledge and use it in your lives as you move forward in your careers.

So I would say to My spiritual children, keep in mind that lesson number one is how to manage knowledge. What do you need in your lives in order to be successful on the assumption that you will change careers several times during your lifetimes? I would add also that, sometimes, I hear that the search for knowledge is 'un-Islamic'. I have to tell you that, in Shia Islam, it is an expression of faith to seek out knowledge, because knowledge is a reflection of faith, and Islam is very clear on this issue. Islam says: use your knowledge to understand better the creation of Allah. And, therefore, searching out knowledge is, as I have said, part of faith. Islam also says: use that knowledge to the benefit of the community. And, therefore , I hope that , in this search, you will keep in mind that knowledge is an act of search of faith and, you use your knowledge in the way of faith.
(Vancouver, Friday, June 10, 2005, A.M.)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Significance of Protocols

The Protocol that was signed with regard to the Aga Khan Development Network and relations with the Government of Mozambique is a highly important Protocol which follows on previous Protocols signed with other governments in other parts of the world. These Protocols formalize the relations between the Ismaili Imamat, the agencies of the Imamat and the governments concerned. And this formalization is important in that it establishes a permanency and a structure in which relations can take place and continue in the decades ahead. That formalization is an important aspect of the institutional and the Jamati development in the decades ahead. It is not a formalization that I will seek everywhere. In some cases, it is not necessary. In some cases, it is not even appropriate to seek it because it is not necessary to establish a formal relationship because the Jamat already has its direct relations with political decision makers in the countries concerned.

( Maputo, Mozambique, Wednesday, August 12, 1998)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Positive role of women

Over the years, I have encouraged My Murids to take special steps, to give access to education to the women in the Jamat and to have them participate fully in the development of the Jamat. I wish today to encourage you in this direction and to make them more and more part of the intellectual and thinking dimension of the future of the Jamat.
(Gupis, Northern Areas, Pakistan, October 1, 1996)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Dual purpose of education in Islam

So education in Islam has a dual purpose - it is not only a worldly context but it is also a spiritual context. And in our Tariqah, the intellect is a fundamental component of the faith that we practise. So I say to my spiritual children: do not look at education only in terms of what it brings you in worldly opportunity, but what it does to assist you to understand the blessings that Allah has given our Jamat and others. (Mumbai, India, 25 September, 2013)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Need for discretion and tact in our institutional work

"I have attempted in the past 50 years to build institutional capacity within the Jamat in various parts of the world and in such a way that the Imamat itself has the ability to achieve goals which seem to be important. That I think has made good progress, we have got capacity today, capacity to act nationally, capacity to act regionally, capacity even to act globally if and when it is necessary. But that capacity needs to be handled with great care, very great tact, very great discretion. We do not need to be on the front, in the front of the scene. It is much more effective that we work effectively, quietly, discreetly, and not brag about results. Let institutions achieve results. Let people demonstrate that institutions of certain. But let us not become vain and self-promoting in an environment where we don't need that, as members of the Jamat we don't need that, I don't need that, I don't need that, let us move together, in peace, discretion, and effectiveness." ( At Institutional Banquet with leaders, The Leela Hotel, Mumbai, India, Sunday May 18, 2008)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

There will be no change in the essence of our faith

"And I wish it to be clear therefore that in Tariqah matters, I am aware and there will be no change in the essence of our faith. But there will be nonetheless a search to enable the Murids to come together in an ever wider Jamat practising their faith together even if they don't speak the same language. There will be an attempt to take account of the pressures of modern life. There will be an attempt to make sure that traditions are understood within the Jamat and outside and that they do not give offence." (Dar es Salaam, Oct 6th, 1988)

Never forsake the remembrance of faith

"I have spoken to you extensively now on matters of the world, but I have repeatedly said to my jamat: do not forsake matters of faith. And it is important that you be regular in the practice of your faith. It is important that you apply in your lives the ethics of your faith. It is important that in, your lives, your faith be permanently present in the way you live, and this is easy to achieve because most of you have a tasbih with you. You can call on the name of the Prophet: Salla Allahu alayhi wa alihi wa sallam. You can call on the name of Hazrat Ali. You can call in the names of the Imams. You can call on the name of the Imam of the Time. You have the possibility to practise in a simple manner, unbeknownst even to others, your faith by remembering-remembering, remembering, remembering. Remember, and never forget. If you forget, you have given away the world of the soul and you have let it be totally replaced by the material world around you, and this is not acceptable. So I am saying to my spiritual children, whatever the pressures of your lives when you are young, middle aged, older, never forsake the remembrance of your faith."(Kampala, March 20, 2005)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Trampoline Dynamics Between Islamic World And Christian World

Many of you know the history of the Islamic World and the way the Islamic World evolved, and the way in which the Christian World in fact used the Islamic World, the capacity of the Islamic World as a trampoline to develop itself. Inshallah, the time is changing. And we will have the capacity in the decades ahead to use the Western World as a trampoline and to make it work for us, instead of the other way round. But in order to be successful in doing that, we have to keep true to a number of principles. We have to keep true to our faith, we have to keep true to the ethics of our faith, the way we view social and other relations in society and in our Jamat. We have to have trust and confidence in pluralism. We have to have trust and confidence in the human mind, in the development of human intellect, and sometimes when that occurs, there are accidents, and society has to be strong enough to bring those accidents back into the mainstream, but not let them damage the future of the Jamat or the society in a given country.

You here represent the majority of the Jamat in the Western World, and therefore it is to you that I look, and have looked in the past, and will continue to look in the future, to provide men and women who will become the trampolines of the future to give our Jamats around the world the capacity to move ahead and be significant players for their own benefit, but also for the benefit of the countries in which they live. I have watched the Jamat establish itself in the Western World. I well remember when there was practically no Jamat in North America whatsoever, and there were a handful of students, isolated individuals in London, who were doing studies in British universities, and at that time there was an extraordinary gulf between the Western World and the world where most of the Jamat was living. And of course as that has changed, the big question has been how will the Jamat adapt to the Christian West? Will it have the wisdom to draw from that Christian West what is useful for us, and the wisdom not to bring on board that which is not good, which is damaging, which is contradictory, which is not for the benefit of society, and particularly our Jamat? (Aiglemont, Friday, June 25, 1999, Mulaqat to the Canadian and USA Delegation )
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Taking photographs inside Jamatkhana

"From time to time, I have given you Farmans about worldly matters, and I will begin with this today. Some of My spiritual children have taken a bad habit of walking into Jamatkhana and spending their time taking photographs. This is not the correct behavior in Jamat and I do not like this. "(Hoima Road Jamatkhana, Kampala, Uganda, October 8, 1962)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Need to preserve global image and reputation of the Jamat

And the first issue that I would mention to my spiritual children is the importance as you move through your lives, to be regular in the practice of your faith, not only in attendance in Jamatkhana, but also in keeping to the ethics of the faith rigorously and truthfully. Because, the image, the reputation of the Jamat is no longer as issue of national frontiers, today, it is a global system of communications and any Jamat which is well-respected, is a Jamat which contributes to the global reputation of the Jamat around the world. And this is very, very important because if something happens in one part of the world which is undesirable, it affects the Jamat around the world.(Singapore, April 1st, 2012)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Preconditions for facing and overcoming crisis situations by the Jamat

And although this is My birthday and therefore a day of rejoicing, I think it is also a day on which each and everyone of you should keep in mind that the Jamat has an Imam to guide them in their spiritual lives. And it is important that you should reflect upon these matters, because I want My spiritual children to be physically, materially, morally and spiritually strong. And if this is the case, I believe that My spiritual children can face practically any problem that you might have to face. And if you think of the problems My Jamat has faced in Uganda, is facing in Zaïre, has faced in Rwanda, might face in Madagascar, has faced in Bangladesh, you will remember that My spiritual children during recent years have had to face many difficulties and many problems. But I am certain that if you are strong educationally, if you are strong morally and spiritually, there will always be a correct and a sound place for My spiritual children here on this earth. And it is My greatest concern that My Jamat should always be able to find happiness, strength, good health and success. (Nairobi, Kenya, Thursday, December 13,1973, To the University Jamat)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Essential aspects for the future

As we look to the future: what is essential? What is essential for all murids around the world?

The first is regular practice and understanding of the Shia Ismaili Tariqah of Islam, and within that Tariqah, the role that is played by intellect, knowledge, understanding, wisdom, the capacity to analyse and think ahead. So that is a particularly important aspect -- whether you are living here or anywhere else in the world -- that is central to the continuum of happiness in the practice of the faith.

The second thing that I believe is essential is the ability for families to move. Mobility in the modem world is essential. That is not something you need to take advantage of, but it does create opportunity. And what does mobility mean? It means carrying with you the wherewithal to be successful in whatever society you choose to live. And that is conditioned basically by two tlrings: education and the English langnage. And any murid who has good education and has control of the English language, is a murid who can move in any part of the world, speaking his own or her own national language plus the global language of English, and the education that is necessary to prepare yourselves and the future generations of your families for the future. (SINGAPORE, 31 MARCH 2012)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Modern developments and faith

""I have one other Farman which I would like to make to you. Particularly the young ones amongst you will grow up in a different world from the one in which we are living today. You will probably be able to go to other planets, your power sources will be completely different from the ones we have today. Medicine will be far advanced to what it is today. For many Ahl al-Kitab, for many people of the Book, for many monotheists, particularly the Christians, it is a problem to reconcile these developments with their beliefs. For us, it is but one more proof of the infinity and the existence of Allah. And I would like My spiritual children from time to time to think about this.
If you can understand the basis then, I believe you have understood the faith and then you will live happily, you will have no doubt, nothing to question and no reason to hesitate. You have no reason to be in the dark. These are matters of very great importance.""

.....MHI Farman
.....Dacca(East Pakistan)(Bangladesh)
.....December 5, 1964

Concept of al-Kitab - one book

""The second point I wish to make to you is that the opportunity that you have is to find the way to build upon your strengths, the strength of your culture, your faith, your tradition and the culture, the faith, the tradition of the society in which you live. And let me underline to you today that it is actually much easier to achieve than it might first appear. First of all remember that the Christian faith, the Judaic faith and the Islamic faith are all described as Ahl al-Kitab, People of the Book. That Book is the totality of Allah's revelation to mankind, and therefore you are talking about the one monotheistic society which is the monotheistic society essentially of the United States and, of course, Canada, etc.

The point I wish to make to you is that the fundamental principle of faith, that is monotheism, is the same - whether you are Muslim, Christian or Jew.""

.....MHI Farman
.....Mulaqat with students
.....Houston Texas USA
.....November 8, 1986
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

That Book is the totality of Allah's revelation to mankind,
Obviously he is talking about Quran Sharif not Bolta Quran.

Does this supersid Farmsn of SMS " somethings taken out, somethings added and 2 chapters missing" (not exact quote)?
Admin

Post by Admin »

It is all about what exactely do you consider as Quran.

Is it what is between the 2 covers of the Usmani compilation or is it the totality of Allah's Revelation.

This is a problem as old as the Muslim community which certainely we are not going to resolve here and today..
zznoor

Post by zznoor »

It is all about what exactely do you consider as Quran.

Is it what is between the 2 covers of the Usmani compilation or is it the totality of Allah's Revelation.
Whole Muslim Ummah including present MHI consider What you call Uthmatic compilation as Only authentic Book, except few misguided Muslims.
Imam MSM departed this Diniya without fulfilling his promise and it has been 100 years. I am glad MHI is not saying same thing.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

zznoor wrote:
That Book is the totality of Allah's revelation to mankind,
Obviously he is talking about Quran Sharif not Bolta Quran.

Does this supersid Farmsn of SMS " somethings taken out, somethings added and 2 chapters missing" (not exact quote)?
He is not talking about the physical book. He is talking about the book that is common to all monotheistic faiths. Hence it cannot be the physical Qur'an or the physical Bible.

It is the totality of revelation encompassing all faiths.
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To zznoor:Ya Ali Madad.
you know well what you would have been if your parents or grandparents were not Ismailis then.
for a haqiqati the words of Imam number from 01 -49 are words of God and nothing less.
what level some understands and accept it is their status of Imaan on HIM
Inshallah in the coming Jubilee year,there would be important farman and message to the world expressing or hinting his status in little more open manner.
Ismailis are well educated,wealthy,clever enough to know whom to follow or believe.
Shariatis have embedded/shoved the 5 candles in their body holes and over the time it became stale and stinking candles that has now turned into dynamites in their body and mind.
they are almost like living bomb as seen by sane world.
such is the image.
the world 'Allahuakbar' is seen not as no 'God is great but 'Here I Kill'.

the most disturbed,devastated with plight as of an animal are Shariatis in multi millions as stated in the press.
We feel sorry for them.
So keep your touba touba and astagafurllah in your xyz hole.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Farmans of Mowlana Sultan Muhammad Shah to youths regarding the importance of becoming waezeens.

"Faithful, intelligent, sympathetic, educated and clever youths should become waezeens."

Hazrat Imam Sultan Muhammad Shah made Farmans that:

The young men of the community should offer to serve the community by offering to become waezeens. We have great trust in the young people. They can help by their strength (or ability) and keep the flag flying. The work of waez and religious instruction is the cornerstone of our Faith. It is enjoined on all of you that you preach the religion to one another. If you don't do that, it is a sin. If you do not preach the Truth that you know and after knowing, if you do not tell others, it is sinful."

(Jamnagar 4-4-1900)

"To control yourself is easy, but to control other people and to bring them on the straight path is really beneficial."

(4.11.1903)

A honorary waezeen must be a fluent speaker. You do not have to be strict in your preaching, but you must be loyal or faithful (imandar), intelligent and good speaker and must speak from the heart so that it makes impression on the members of the Jamat. The object must be to instruct people to be devoted to the Path and to win their hearts.

Honorary Waezeens need not have the oratorial power or great book learning. Their waez must be attractive or persuasive which can win the Jamats.

(Karachi: 7. 2. 51)

The intelligent, educated and well-versed people in religion should offer honorary service to the community. It is their duty. If this is done, it will be considered very good service to the community.

(Dar es Salaam , 21-7-1945)

If there is one person who can do waez and who is learned and courageous, there will be thousands who will also show courage to come forward to become waezeens. If one compares the teachings of Ginans. Qur'an, Masnavi, etc and preaches with understanding, he can be very impressive ...... a good translator can even win a blind man. (Blind man is the one who has no faith).

(Ahmedabad , 13-10-1903)

One who preaches in the Jamatkhana must preach with humility and sweetness. There is no need for force. Whilst preaching the meaning of Ginans, he must always show respect to the person of Hazir Imam.

(Zanzibar, 30-8-1905)

When the grace of Allah descends, then the understanding and knowledge come and then only, one can preach effectively.

(Ahmedabad, 1-2-1910)

Intending vaezins must give up worldly attachments like power, recognition or honours.

(Rajkot, 20-2-1910)

If you want to see the fruit of your labour during your lifetime, you will not be successful. You have to think of thousand years ahead. If Pir Sadardeen had only thought of the Imam of his time, he would not have been so successful by coming to India from Iran.

(Bombay, 27-1-1935).
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Dubai - (physical) home of the Imam

This is a day of very great happiness for Me for it is the day on which the
foundation stone of a new Ismaili Centre has been laid here in Dubai, and it is also a day when I can celebrate My birthday with My spiritual children.
I would like you therefore to know how deeply happy I am to be with you today on this most important occasion.

At the beginning of this Farman I would like to express on behalf of the Jamat and Myself our gratitude to the ruling family for the most generous way in which they have welcomed the Jamat in Dubai for this occasion. And I would quote to you Sheikh Mohammed’s remark when I expressed My gratitude to him and he said "Don't express your gratitude, this is your home".

Jamati contributions towards the Aga Khan Museum

"I believe My Jamat is aware that I have decided to create a Museum that
Insh'Allah will come up in due course in Toronto. And over the years I hope that My Jamat and others will contribute their knowledge, their wisdom, their learning and indeed documents, data which they have, so that we have one central forum in which the history of our Jamat and the history of the Ummah within which the Jamat was living at that time becomes better known. For it is essential that we project into the future that knowledge, those ethics."( Dubai, United Arab Emirates, [Beside World Trade Centre and Hotel Dubai], Saturday, December 13, 2003)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Practice within modernity and diversity

MHI Farman:clear vision of the practice of our Tariqah.
Mwanza, Tanzania
October 8, 1988

""First of all, there has to be a clear vision of the practice of our Tariqah in a modern world. Of course, when you use the word " modern, " you apply it actually improperly, because any person who lives in his time will refer to his time as a modern world. But the concept of modernity does not stop. But the fact is that the Tariqah and the practice of the Tariqah must be increasingly united, increasingly understood and increasingly shared amongst the Jamat in all different parts of the world.
...this is a diversity which is challenging and fascinating.
It is one brotherhood, one Jamat, following one tradition and that tradition is the Shia tradition of the esoteric interpretation of the faith. These principles must be upheld around the world. The participation of man's intellect in the practice of his faith, the individual search for enlightenment and happiness and the balance between the material and the spiritual. These are the premises on which the Jamat must interpret and practice its faith. I give you this Farman today because in various parts of the world these questions are being asked, and the answers must be clear and shared and understood.""

.....MHI Farman: our Tariqah.
.....Mwanza, Tanzania
.....October 8, 1988
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Significance of Time and Knowledge

I have, one the occasions of the presentations of mehmanis, said to My spiritual children that this is also an opportunity for the Imam to convey His affection, His respect, His gratitude for all those murids who, during the course of Jubilee year, offered the Nazrana of Time and Knowledge. And I mention this to My spiritual children here because it is important for you to understand that it is My conviction that, in the decades ahead, much will depend on the availability, for our Jamat around the world, of the best knowledge, the best endeavour that we can harness to our institutions. Today, the Jamat is a global Jamat; we have young murids being educated in so many different countries, in so many different languages. And if you simply imagine what those resources could do for the Jamats worldwide, you will have the same vision as I have for the future of the Jamat, wherever it is living. So I say today that I express to My Jamat gratitude for their Time and Knowledge Nazrana.

FARMAN MUBARAK OF MOWLANA HAZER IMAM
ACCEPTANCE OF JAMATI MEHMANIS
MOMBASA, KENYA
21st JULY, 2011 (AFTERNOON)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Adopting 'best practice' in every aspect of life

The second point I would make is that wherever the jamat is living we have institutions which care for the quality of life of murids and others. And it is extremely important that our institutions should aim always to serve with best practice. That means that not only you give of your knowledge but you give of your personal endeavour to add to whatever service you are offering. Our institutions represent our jamat in the minds of people outside the jamat. Therefore it is essential that our institutions should aim at what we normally call “best practice.” That is the goal I have for every murid around the world – best practice in their lives, in their families, in their professions, and in all the activities that they carry out. (Dar es Salaam, Oct. 12, 2017)
nuseri

Post by nuseri »

To kmaherali: Ya Ali Madad.

Did the activities of the Pirs earlier to make those inspired to contribute in name of God/Imam and for the cause of humanity a BEST PRACTICE ?

if an young Ismaili tries to get contribution from those around him/her inspired to willingly donate for the cause of humanity's in our Imam network institution
Would that be taken as BEST PRACTICE

We can forecast if 7 million is energised the result after just 70 years.
Your opinion needed.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Nuseri, Mowla Ali Madad

Yes, any action whose product endures through centuries would be considered as Best Practice.

Examples would include traditions established by our Pirs in the Sub Continent, Poetry by our Dais, institutions of higher learning such as the Al Azhar in Cairo, Aligrah University and inshaallah AKU.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

kmaherali wrote:Adopting 'best practice' in every aspect of life
The above Farman is actually a reflection of the Farman below.

The last point that I would like to stress is that I do not believe, nor did My grandfather believe, that you can overcome all these difficulties unless you have a basis of religion. I do not wish East Africa to be materialistic. There is one element that is the best and that is the human element. What we create is best if it has the element of faith; the element which Islam teaches you. Believing in Islam and practising this belief every day must add to the value of your lives.( Kisumu, September 23, 1959)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Importance of abiding to the rules and laws of the land

So work hard and rigorously and properly. Don't bend Interpretations, rules, or laws. I said, "Don't bend interpretations, or rules, or laws." Even if you do not achieve what you wish to achieve, do not bend those rules or interpretations or laws. But try and get them corrected through a process of dialogue and logic. Don't compromise. Don't compromise. Because if society lives in compromise at a time like this, you reintroduce all the elements of fragility which have caused the failure of good governance previously. This is an important part of this Farman. I hope you will think about what I am saying because today dialogue, rigour, propriety, proper ethical, social and economic behaviour have got to become the foundations on which Uganda is rebuilt. The world isn't perfect but don't compromise and be rigorous and correct in your work I would say this not only for the Jamat, however, in Uganda, but today I would say this for the Jamat in nearly every country. And I will not tell you to which countries I would not apply that statement. But there are societies even today that are in such disarray that survival is impossible Let that not be the case again in Uganda and therefore don't let bad habits come in.(Kampala, April 22, 1992)