Canada and Ismailis

Recent history (19th-21st Century)
Admin

Canada and Ismailis

Post by Admin »

For the 13th of December 2015

Message for H.H. The Aga Khan by Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau

“It is with great affection that I extend my best wishes to His Highness the Aga Khan on the occasion of his 79th birthday.

For more than fifty years, the Aga Khan has stood as a beacon of tolerance and compassion. As the spiritual leader of Shia Imami Ismaili Muslims, his tireless work to alleviate poverty, promote pluralism and diversity, and improve health and education outcomes for those less fortunate, has had a vital and long-term impact across the developing world.

Recently, I was very pleased to attend the official opening of the Aga Khan Museum in Toronto, an important example of the long-standing relationship between Canadians and His Highness.

On behalf of the Liberal Party of Canada and our Parliamentary Caucus, I am delighted to wish His Highness and all Ismailis in Canada and around the world, ‘Khushali Mubarak.’”

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Statement by the Prime Minister of Canada on the birthday of his Highness the Aga Khan

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, issued the following statement on the birthday of His Highness Prince Karim Aga Khan: “Today, we celebrate the birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan, the spiritual leader of the Shia Ismaili Muslims, who has dedicated his life to the promotion of peace, pluralism, and compassion around the world.

“For over fifty years, the Aga Khan has been an inspiration to millions, working tirelessly to improve the health and education of those living in some of the world’s most vulnerable countries. As a global humanitarian leader, he has worked with many partners – including Canada – to implement vital programs that advance long-term solutions to poverty, illiteracy, and disease.

“I have seen first-hand the Aga Khan’s commitment to the ideals of diversity and inclusion. As a nation, we are proud His Highness was granted honourary Canadian citizenship for the leadership he has shown to advance development, pluralism, and tolerance – values that are at the core of our national identity.

“The world needs champions of diversity and compassion. Today, we are delighted to thank our good friend, the Aga Khan, for all that he has done to help those in need, and wish him good health, happiness, and peace on this special day.” -

See more at: http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/statement-prim ... FJ2bo.dpuf
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Premier of Ontario, Kathleen Wynne’s message on 79th birthday of His Highness the Aga Khan

https://ismailimail.wordpress.com/2015/ ... -aga-khan/