Mijlas

Discussion on R&R from all regions
alnoordodhia

still awaiting....

Post by alnoordodhia »

<SPAN class=postbody>Ya Ali Madad All,we always hear in the Mijalis that who ever want to become Member of Mijalis should become o&shy;n his/her own consent and not by words of others. My question is - When we are born our parents register our names in Mijalis which they think it is right and we are too small that they cannot even ask our consent....What if after we grow up and we dont want to go to Mijalis???Also o&shy;ne more question - If Mijalis if such important (i know it is important & necessary) then joining in Mijalis farmans are not receited during normal jamati days????Also there should a age (mature age) when people of Ismaili counsil should ask person that they want to continue to be member of Mijalis or not....here the concern ismaili can tell them yes or no whether he/she want to continue as a member of Mijalis of not....</SPAN><SPAN class=gensmall></SPAN>
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Different Majalis are a special blessing to us from our beloved Imam, we jamat starts any majalis and if you look the history of the different majalis except "Chandrat" majalis then you will find out that all majlis were started by jamati members and imam had given approval.

In my opinion if some one think that , that particular majlis is not for him or if he/she wants to quit majalis then simple way is to do not attent that particular majalis and if some one totally wants to quit that majlis then request Mukhi/kamadia saheban for that and I don't think they will say no, after all majlais are made by jamats and for the beterment of the jamats.
Rmember this; once you took "Bol" then you can't quit one particular majlis you should be remain member of this majalis till the last day of your life( I intentonally not write the name of this majalis) if you are an Ismaili then you will know which majlis I am talking about,you can not rewoke your membershipfrom this majlis once you join in it.
Last edited by agakhani on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
alnoordodhia

Becoming member of Majalis

Post by alnoordodhia »

<P>thank you very much i was not aware that mijalis were opend by jamat and not by maula bapa....</P>
alnoordodhia

Becoming member of Majalis

Post by alnoordodhia »

agakhani wrote:Different Majalis are a special blessing to us from our beloved Imam, we jamat starts any majalis and if you look the history of the different majalis except "Chandrat" majalis then you will find out that all majlis were started by jamati members and imam had given approval.<BR><BR>In my opinion if some o&shy;ne think that , that particular majlis is not for him or if he/she wants to quit majalis then simple way is to do not attent that particular majalis and if some o&shy;ne totally wants to quit that majlis then request Mukhi/kamadia saheban for that and I don't think they will say no, after all majlais are made by jamats and for the beterment of the jamats.<BR> Rmember this; o&shy;nce you took "Bol" then you can't quit o&shy;ne particular majlis you should be remain member of this majalis till the last day of your life( I intentonally not write the name of this majalis) if you are an Ismaili then you will know which majlis I am talking about,you can not rewoke your membershipfrom this majlis o&shy;nce you join in it.
<BR><BR>Ya ali madad....i came too know mijalis were not opened by jamat it was open wen we got permission from our imam....eg. paanch baar saal was started becoz in olden days imam were having their our territory their own army and people who are dedicated to imam for 5 yrs or&nbsp;12 yrs use to get the sawahb of 5 - 12...and we get same sawahb by becoming member of paanch baar saal mijalis...
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

That is right without permission of imam jamat can not start any majlis, to start any majlis imam's permission needed in Panch Bar Sal majlis jamats also requested imam for the khidmat for 5 and 12 years because there was a practice during the time of Imams who were living in Iran jamat from Indo-Pak used to go over there and work for imam, some time 6 months some time year and some time even more but this practiced had been stoped when Imam Hasan Ali Shah came in India in year 1842 that time imam had more then 2000 soldiers/servants with him, when jamats from India requested for imam's this khidamat, imam told them look I have many servants for that work so there is no need now so jamat asked imam what would we have to do for that service then imam told him to give some money for his one servant for 5 or 12 years and I will consider the same sawab for that thus Panch Bar sal majlis was started but jamat requested first for 5 and 12 years khidamat and then after imam blessed them with that majlis.So if you join in this majlis you will receive the same benefits as you served imam for 5 years a or 12 years the sawab will be the same if you personally serve imam or join the panch bar sal majlis.
In past there were many different majalis in India which are disappeared now a days but that majlis were also started by jamats after the permission of imam.
Only "chand rat majlis has been started by Sultan Mohammad shah (s.a.) by him self for the salvation of jamats. This is the only one majlis which are not started or requested by start by jamats.ook writtedn by Kamaluddin on different tasbihats in Urdu and English you can order this book, you will find more information how and why the different majlis were started by jamats?
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

shivaathervedi wrote: Majalis are not part of Tenets of Ismailis or compulsory part of our faith. Majalis are marziyaat and not farziyaat.
When Imam makes Farman while Deedar of BK Bol event, there are always murids with different Religious IQ at different levels.
Tenets are the basic doctrines that each adherent is expected to follow and through which the faith is articulated to others. Tenets are never unchanging especially in our tariqah. Only obedience to the Imam is unchanging, everything else can change.

MSMS said in his Memoirs:

"Ismailism has survived because it has always been fluid. Rigidity is contrary to our whole way of life and outlook. There have really been no cut and dried rules; even the set of regulations known as the Holy Laws are directions as to method and procedure and not detailed orders about results to be obtained."

http://www.ismaili.net/Source/0016b.html

So every murid is expected to follow the tenets as outlined by the Imam of the time. In addition there will be those who will have evolved a deeper understanding of faith and who will have a more deeper understanding of Imamat than what is part of the tenets. Hence even if we have basic tenets, there will be murids with different levels and hence majalis which is voluntary is there to cater for such needs. The Farmans that are made in Mandlis are different than those that are made to general murids because there is the expectation that members of the Mandlis have deeper understanding.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin,

Could you move this thread to "Rites and Ceremoniies"?
GUEST58

HUZUR PANJE BHENU

Post by GUEST58 »

can someone shed some light on HUZUR PANJE BHENU majlis?
I would like to know how and when it was started - any info is greatly appreciated :D