Rules and regulations regarding firmans

Discussion on doctrinal issues
Abadhu7

Rules and regulations regarding firmans

Post by Abadhu7 »

What is the rules regarding firmans from HI point of view and council point of view?
Admin

Post by Admin »

There are Murids of Hazar Imam and there are Murids of Council. Different rules apply to different people.

Imam says listen to my farmans at your leisure. You are welcome to interpret whatever it means to you and whatever it means to council. It is a matter of personal interpretation of Imam's wish.

Our rule is that Farmans can not be posted here but small quotes are Ok. Also farmans which are not called Farmans but are called "speech" when read in Jamatkhana (sometimes they do that) can be put here. (For some Murid, anything the Imam says, is a Farman)
Last edited by Admin on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Up to the old Ismaili Constitution of 1986, the Farmans were to be printed upon approval of the president of Supreme Council.

There is no provision for publishing Farmans in the new Ismaili Constitution, therefore the Imam gives that right to whomever he finds competent and chooses to collect, transcribe and print his Farmans and from what I know our Institutions have NOT been given that right.

The Imam, once he has made a Farman, does not "edit". This is not the point of view of the leaders, some of whom think that they are more educated than the Imam who thinks in French and speak in English and therefore has to be edited. Example of Farman tempering are dime and dozens. If you have attended any Didar and heard the transcript, you know about the differences. Sometimes these tempering have been made by uneducated people transcribing or by over-educated people transcribing, pick your choice.
Abadhu7

Post by Abadhu7 »

Thank you guys for your answers,
i still have more questions,from my understanding :
i know firmans used to be printed in the old days, now it's only available in jk from mukhi saheb, and you can only read it in jk, no copies can be made,
Is this HI's wish or council?
How is one supposed to acquire firmans and understand it if they won't let have it?
And what about the case in Canada regarding regarding firmans distribution by couple of individuals, i tried to follow it, but got confused, did HI disapprove or was he ok with it?
Admin

Post by Admin »

The only thing that differentiate Ismailis from other Muslims and other faith is that we get guidance of the Imam of the Time in order to live in our times, hopefully ahead of our times.

If the right to access Farman is removed from the Murids, the Murids should react and get their Farmans from wherever they get and in whatever way is possible, this means if the Imam make a Farman it is up to you to make sure you have a copy. If you don't you have failed. And if you hear a Farman in Jamatkhana a different way than you heard directly from Hazar Imam, you have to act and react, if you don't and you decide to accept that people change the Farmans, you are as bad as they are.

You can not blame others for your failure to get the Farmans. You should only depend on yourself to get the farmans. If you wait for others to feed you, surely you will die of hunger. Spiritual death is what awaits people deprived of guidance.

Iko Wasiwasi!
Abadhu7

Post by Abadhu7 »

Yam,

I just realized, and correct me if I'm wrong
This issue with firmans has been in my mind
I was brought up having firman books in my home, purchasing them in jk
Discussing about it with other ismailis and so forth
Unfortunately i have not active as an ismaili for a while, but recently i am active again and noticed all this restrictions about firmans are only allowed in jk, no current firman prints and then copyright case,
I read through the forums and articles and comments and it occurred to me
I was lumping copyright and access and privacy as one,
So correct me if I am wrong
Now i see it this way : HI is the owner of the firmans,this where the copyright issue comes into play, He makes firmans for us and our benefit and has given us full 'access' to the firmans and as for 'privacy' it's for ismailis only
But many people including myself have been confused because different things are being circulated that we can't talk about firmans because it private, yes it's private but not among ourselves, and same for access, those not in our faith should not have access, we should be allowed to have full access,
What do guys think?
mahebubchatur

Farmans are to be given to every Ismaili - proofs

Post by mahebubchatur »

Hazar Imam has made many Firmans to confirm that Firmans are to be given to all Ismailis to have, read understand & share. This is also in the Ismaili constitution which is a Farman and in which Imam says that the constitution must be read with Farmans. If anyone says these are not to be given or Hazar Imsm said so, give them copies of the Farmans in link & ask them to give copies of Farmans in which Imam has said no.

Link to Farmans for Farmans to be given & shared with every Ismaili Farmans
http://ismaili.net/timeline/2018/101-proofs-chatur.pdf

Link to the constitution
http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... 8400#68400