Be My Da'i - Hazar Imam

Discussion on doctrinal issues
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

kmaherali wrote:
swamidada wrote:List of Ismaili Da'es and famous missionaries:

Adopted from FB
And there could be many many silent Dais as well
Can you name these silent Da'is. By the way Imam called every follower his dai, " Be My Dai".
mahebubchatur

AFarman in 1965 explaining alsobthe role of Dais

Post by mahebubchatur »

Hazar Imam explaining the role of Dais in a very Important Farman Hazar Imam made in 1965 to the pioneering Jamat in Africa, Ivory Coast.

“I want you to know how much importance I attach to My new Jamat.
Five years ago, not one member of the Jamat had not thought of Ivory Coast. Now there is not only a Jamat in Cote d'lvoire, but a Jamat Khanna & investments of the Jamat , and a semblance of new life that is beginning.

And this Reminds me of the days of Da'is. When the Imam sent a Da'i, He told him to go and spread the faith in distant lands, and there was no physical contact between Da'i and Imam.

In the conditions which were very difficult, they accomplished their mission successfully. Today, such a mission has been accomplished in even more difficult conditions, and I am very proud of that, very very proud.

Remember the Dai. Nour-AI-Hayat: I think this is a big step in the history of our Jamats. I am on that today, maybe you don't even realize it, but that in ten years, when the Jamat will be many, you will realize that you were the first to come to settle in West Africa, to open the doors in other countries for the Jamat.

I am very proud of it. I am proud that it is not just courageous work, it is work that has been done on Farmans that I gave you.

I told you: "See you in Ia Cote d'lvoire". And you opened not only horizons for this Jamat, but to Jamats all over the world. You also have a guarantee of security, and on the part of two or three families, it is admirable, it is admirable. When you were in the Congo, you were not alone, here you went alone.

You have created a foundation of the understanding between the Government and our Jamats, and I am very proud of it. Very, very, proud.

Think well of the Da'is in time, and those who left alone, without knowing where they were going, without to know what they were going to encounter, what were going to be the living conditions they were going to encounter.
But they were leaving and they were settling down. And here you did the same, but you did it three, four, five, six centuries later, and you can't do better now in the future, you can't can not do more for the lmam, for the Jamat , than to continue on the way where you left
now, the way of sincerity and friendship, of humility, because here it is necessary that the foundations which are maintained, and subsequently, there will be many other families that will come
settle here, and who have already told Me about their intentions.” #AgaKhan #Ismaili #OneJamat

https://www.facebook.com/15348147601242 ... 679395322/
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

swamidada wrote: Can you name these silent Da'is. By the way Imam called every follower his dai, " Be My Dai".
Silent means that they are not recorded in history. Nevertheless their work is important.
swamidada

Post by swamidada »

With reference to Ivory Coast:
A decade or so back, I met 2 families settled in Houston USA from Ivory Coast. They said, they left the country because of political turmoil and deteriorating economical conditions there. Lately I heard there are only few Ismaili families left behind, is it so.
mahebubchatur

Re: Be my Dais - Meaning and significance..

Post by mahebubchatur »

kmaherali wrote:
mazharshah wrote: With due respect, I agree with your above explanation. Indeed, Preamble and constitution is Farman. The First Article of Preamble is most IMPORTANT. Being as Dai of Imam Ismailis should reach out to masses, mostly non Ismailis to explain them real Ismailism. My observation is that after 1986 the Preamble is not explained to jamaits or even put on notice boards inside JK in English or vernacular languages so that jamails should be familiar with Preamble.
The constitution is not a Farman. It is a zaheri document that is read by non-Ismailis as well. Hence the Shahada mentioned in the preamble is incomplete. The second article mentions general Shia doctrine and not specific Ismaili doctrine.

According to Ismailism Imamat has always existed and did not begin with Hazart Aly.
Hazar Imam’s has said what is a Farman in the constitution and our faith is Din and Dunya “ Any pronouncement, direction, order or ruling made or given by Mawlana Hazar Imam.”

And regarding the presence and unity of the Noor of Imam

Noor - Light of Imams and Prophet Mohammed are the same. “Two thousand years before creation, Muhammad and ‘Ali were one Light (nur) before God.” – Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq, (Mohammad Ali Amir-Moezzi, The Divine Guide in Early Shi ‘ism, p. 31)

https://www.facebook.com/15348147601242 ... 26177/?d=n

The soul, spark and light is within us seeking and awaiting the grace and blessings of actualisation.
“Allah sent down that Spirit to His Prophet and it did not ascend back to the heaven since it was sent down, and it is within us.” - Imam Muhammad al-Baqir
Basa’ir al-darajat, Section 9, Chapt 17:10, p.814

Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a) said the Noor from Allah has been with them since Hazrat Adam.
“I and Ali b. Abi Taalib both were a light (Nur) in the presence of Allah fourteen thousand years before the creation of Adam. When Allah created Adam, he deposited this light in Adam’s loins. We remained together as one light until we were separated in Abdul Muttalib’s loin. Thereafter, I was endowed with Prophethood and Ali with Imamat - (Nabuwah- Waliya)
(Among others, many Sunni scholars have documented Hadis-e-Nur: including Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal in his Musnad)
mahebubchatur

Dais - Must verify - know what is true and false

Post by mahebubchatur »

“Da‘is in religion distinguish between doubt and certainty.” Distinguishing between doubt and certainty is to separate truth from falsehood…The da‘i must know the difference between truth and falsehood, so he can distinguish one from the other.”

— Sayyidna Ahmad b. Ibrahim al-Naysaburi
(A Code of Conduct, tr. Verena Klemm & Paul E. Walker

https://ismailignosis.com/2018/03/28/wo ... ili-dawah/
mahebubchatur

Hazar Imam has asked all Murids to implement Farmans

Post by mahebubchatur »

Hazar Imam in his Diamond Jubilee asked every Murid to be His Dais.

Hazar Imam has appointing all Murids (present & at home) as His Dais. And Imam has asked every Murid to share his Farmans globally & also assist to implement them.

3 Excerpts

“Today, I wish you to be my Dais -- those who carry the Imam's message to the Jamat, historically, around the world”

“I would like every murid to be a Dai. Do you know what that word means? Yes? Alright. You know the history of the dais and the journeys they made on behalf of the Jamat and the Imam-of- the-Time. Then, I wish you all to become dais in this generation of your family”

“So today, I make you my Dai – I make you my Dai -- so that you may carry this message around the world and assist  in its implementation”

I am sure you all know the  meaning of the word dai, I want all of you this evening to be my Dais , My dais, to thank the Jamat for their gifts, their thoughts, on this happy occasion, So convey my blessings to your Jamats, to your  families and tell them that I think of them as dais -- I think of them as Dais Khanavadan, Khanavadan, Khanavadan”

Every Murid is therefore a Dai, and so has a duty to read understood share & implement Farmans globally

👇🏽

Link to more
viewtopic.php?t=9175&highlight=dai