Ask Admin

star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I would like to know whether Nagib and Jiwa were given opportunity to meet or talk with Hazir Imam? If yes, was every thing clarified and resolved after meeting? I am sorry if this is not appropriate place to post this question.
Admin

Post by Admin »

That is the wrong place to ask but the reply is yes, they met the Imam for 30 minutes on 15 October 2010 in Toronto at 10:40am, The Imam explained to Sachedina, Mohamed Manji and Gray in the presence of Nagib and Alnaz that he remembered very well the Mehmani of 1992, that he needed competent people and therefore seeing the first Farman Book (red cover) he himself gave instructions to continue publishing.

The Imam also said he does not edit farmans, he annotates them, he said he would give them all of them to Nagib and Alnaz if they wish and they would work together, the Imam said several times that he would like to meet them again and he said he knew Alnaz was not involved at all in the publication of the book. The Imam said everyone can keep the farman Book and when Mohamed Manji told the Imam to order this web site ismaili.net closed, the Imam refused, saying there was no issue and on the contrary Mohamed Manji should work with Nagib and Alnaz.

The Imam asked them to put the matter of the Lawsuit to rest. But when the Imam was gone, these people continued their vendetta against Nagib and Alnaz, ignoring Imam's instructions to them. This is contempt of the Imamat.

The Imam was asked after that meeting around 11:07am by Alnaz if he would accept the mehmani (chocolate box) on behalf of all those who supported the book and their family and several time with a gesture towards the chocolate box, the Imam said "I accept".

There are thousands of postings on this matter on:

http://www.ismaili.net/heritage/node/29740
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Admin,
I am experiencing hard time to connect Ismaili.net since last three days, I can connect some time but most of time following message pop up:-

Code: Select all

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /usr/share/php/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 358
mysql://root:@localhost/Phoenix failed to connectToo many connections
I tried to connect with 3 different web browsers but all three has same problem any comment or suggestion to avoid this problem?
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Even I experienced the same yesterday.
Admin

Post by Admin »

As usual some hackers entered into the server and deleted key files. We are putting the server up soon. In fact it happens often, some times we can arrange it fast, some times it takes long. Sorry about that.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

There is nothing to sorry about it. Its good that finally every thing is alright now. :)
GMR

Is my account active?

Post by GMR »

Please check my ID 'GMR' is it active, because whenever I wanted to post a reply, I have been asked to please log-in before sending a reply, although I've tried to send a reply after loging in.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Try this, first log out and log in again it may work because it was worked for me many times, second try another browser.
Admin

Post by Admin »

One trick which always work, login first, go to forum, go back to main page and login again. That works will all browser :-)
Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry, busy with travels, transits, jetlag.. for the past few months Will update soon
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

The main page indicates that there was an update today but there is no updated information on the page itself. What is the update about?
Admin

Post by Admin »

The update on main page was about king cross and the other update about Hazar Imam coming to Edmonton and Ottawa next Monday
Last edited by Admin on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Updates do not always show on the main page, sometimes it is about files and links (texts or audios) added in others sections of the web site. For example added few hours ago several drafts of the Ismaili Constitution 1986, 1990, 1998, Rules and Regulations, Guidelines, Ismailia Association conference minutes of 1975, old constitution of 1948 etc... the links may not yet be there or are delayed. But even when the links are not yet there, when the search engines comes to the web site, the file will end up on google or yahoo and be available from there.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin,

You have mixed the thread Imamat and EAC with articles about AKTC. It will cause confusion in future. Can you move the AKTC related material to the AKTC thread?

Let the former thread be only about Imamat and the EAC only.

Thanks
Haysal

Post by Haysal »

I had asked a simple question in Serena Hotel topic if we can be in business of convenience stores. But you have deleted it? may I ask why? This is a wonderful forum and I had many hopes of getting answers to confusing topics on Ismailism as we younger generation cannot just blindly accept any answers but we need logical clarifications and answers but if you keep deleting what you don't like then soon this will be a dead forum.
Admin

Post by Admin »

When people generalise and post to make the community or its Imam look bad, the posts are usualy deleted. There is informed questioning to learn and this is always welcomed on this net. Sometimes questions have the potential to create controversies with other branches of Islam for example, these are also deleted.

Sometimes you may think it is an innocent question but the experience show the misunderstanding it has created in the past so decision will be made accordingly.

The last decision comes to the Admin.
agakhani

-THAT ADMIN IS CROOK!!!!???? SAYS NUSERI!.

Post by agakhani »

Admin,
Please read quote of Nuseri he is comparing you, Shams and Me as a crook!!.

"BEFORE that none of you 3 of the Pandavs,it would be better if you 3 may called as 3 crooks,who are just not posting the Ginans" ,

"MARD BAN KE BEHES KARO,NAHI KE BURKHE ME CHUP KAR HAMARI GIBAT."

Let me ask you this Admin? are you hiding your self in Hijab in Montreal? or brother Shams hiding his self in Hijab in Minnesota? as long as I concern in Austin I am not but if we are not then - why this person saying this???

MARD BAN KE BEHES KARO,NAHI KE BURKHE ME CHUP KAR HAMARI GIBAT.
Are you womem?
I think a disciplinary action needed towards this guy before he starts to use bad words towards other readers and our Pirs.
Admin

Post by Admin »

I have no problem with people insulting me. I am very strict when they insult our Pirs or Imam's family. When anyone breach the rules for posting, they are reminded politely. everyone can make a mistake, we only have to give a reasonable number of chance to them to correct themselves.

We have to accept that not every Ismaili has access to the right information, some are mistaken and we have to help them understand with patience. Imam said if people do not understand, explain to them. That is the policy of this website.

If there is no good will or someone is openly anti-ismaili, then only we delete accounts, which we have done regularly.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

That is true for you as an Admin and you should be that way! but why snould I or brotner Shams have to tolerate?
As long as I concern I do not make money from any anti Ismaili group or neither I have any mentors who is paying me like other dudes getting money nor I write any tbing bad a out our imams,pirs or about our religion.
If it is not matter to you possible but it is a big matter to me and may be for Shams, it is an insult for both of us therefore I still urge you to take action to prevent him to become outlaws. I do not say that you cancel his account but at least you can stop him to lies, sms for his lies you can read in ginan section or bad words towards our great pirs.
ShamsB

Re: -THAT ADMIN IS CROOK!!!!???? SAYS NUSERI!.

Post by ShamsB »

agakhani wrote:Admin,
Please read quote of Nuseri he is comparing you, Shams and Me as a crook!!.

"BEFORE that none of you 3 of the Pandavs,it would be better if you 3 may called as 3 crooks,who are just not posting the Ginans" ,

"MARD BAN KE BEHES KARO,NAHI KE BURKHE ME CHUP KAR HAMARI GIBAT."

Let me ask you this Admin? are you hiding your self in Hijab in Montreal? or brother Shams hiding his self in Hijab in Minnesota? as long as I concern in Austin I am not but if we are not then - why this person saying this???

MARD BAN KE BEHES KARO,NAHI KE BURKHE ME CHUP KAR HAMARI GIBAT.
Are you womem?
I think a disciplinary action needed towards this guy before he starts to use bad words towards other readers and our Pirs.
I am hiding in Texas ;-)

One has to pick and choose the battles to fight - for those people that will not learn no matter what you tell them - you let them scream until their voices go hoarse and they go away.
No amount of proof or yelling or shouting at these individuals will derive any result.

from the tone of nuseri's postings - he has made up his mind that ginans are lesser to the qasidahs and are for khojas only - he apparently isn't a khoja or an indian ismaili and wants to branch out beyond what he deems insufficient.

i say let him..you can only help those that want to be helped and not those who don't.

He called us a few bad names - that shows his intellectual level and his ignorance and lack of humility - think of the story of the prophet and gandhi - when dirt/garbage was thrown on the individuals..what was their reaction - did they stand up and throw garbage back...
we claim to be learned individuals - let us act like those.

You cannot explain esoteric matters or matters of a higher level to people that haven't mastered the basics...and that is what's happening here.
Why getting frustrated?
either Nuseri is way beyond us or we are way beyond him.
either way - let us practice our faith in our way and seek happiness and pray for each other.

Shams
agakhani

Wel come Back.

Post by agakhani »

Thanks admin and your staff to bring this section back. I am glad to see it back but seems some newer posts not showing!! just carious.
Admin

Post by Admin »

We lost all postings made after 8 November. Sorry about this. We are putting in place a system that this kind of problem does not arise in the future. As you know, we have very limited resources and are restricted in hardware and software as well as technical support... Considering this, it is good that the site is up and running again within a week.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Dear Admin,
I have been been member here since long time. I am highly thankful to you and your management for creating this website which has helped a large number of Ismailis including me, to enhance knowledge and understanding of faith.
The forums have specially provided opportunity to discuss different matters about Ismaili Tariqah. There is one rule about which you are very particular, that no one should post Farman here. You are absolutely right that Farmans are for the spiritual children of Imam and not for everyone else. Therefore, discussions can take place, without quoting direct words of Farman Mubarak.
I want to tell you that long time back in past, in a few posts I had quoted Farmans, which I now realize that I should not have done that. I tried to edit it, but couldn't do that as option for edit was not coming. I would be highly grateful to you, if you could guide/help me in this regards..thanks Ya Ali Madad.
Admin

Post by Admin »

As of now, we have this Forum under Postgress database but our Drupal 5 (new site) run under MySql. obviously it is unwise to have 2 database running when both section can be unified under the next Drupal 7 which we will implement in the coming months. We will ensure once the Forum are transferred under Drupal 7, that the users database is also transferred so that each person can edit his post under the MySql database. Please be patient....
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thank you very much admin :))

I have found that downloading audio files from new heritage website is easier and quicker. I was looking at Ismaili Songs in new website. There is a great collection of songs, Ginans and waezes over there. However, I was looking for two songs, which are in old website but not in new heritage website. These are "Rehmat ni varshi" and "Hazrat Ali na janasheen". Are you still in process of transferring data of audio files to new heritage website?
Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes and the new format we are aiming for will not be .ra anymore as most people use the mp3 format. But we are going to transfer all audios in one or the other format.

If you want to help, please identify the audio missing in the new site and give us the link in the old site. Send the list to heritage@ismaili.net once you feel you have covered all of the missing files and we wil transfer them in the new site. You can make an excell spreasheet with 3 columns: the category, the title, the link. Thanks.
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Thanks Admin, sure I will try to make list and will send it to you.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

No big deal for deletion of thread name " H. Ali walked Macca to Madina" but I want to know the reason? I have not use any bad language nor it was false information either!! I also quoted the reliable source in which you can find that fact; then why you deleted that interesting thread which was I think very untouched and unheard information for many and which was 100% true !!??? This is like I didn't get any things for my hard work to find this info.
Why you doing this kind deletion, even there is no vulgar language? I know the answer because you are coward. You want to keep Sunnies happy and you are scare about their criticism because you are coward and you do not have guts to give them proper answers. go and look in other Shia web sites! there you won't find any deletion because they do not care about what Sunny will think!, they just write what is true no matter it belongs to H. Ali or H. Umar or Sunny sect.
This kind unnecessary deletion discourage me to come often in this forum section and you may noticed that lately.
Admin

Post by Admin »

When whatever is interesting is buried under 90% of the posts which are personal attacks from all the posters or unrelated discussions, there is no need to keep such thread. If you reopen that thread and there is no deluge of useless posts and personal offensive posts and judgmental posts, I will not close it.

You can read your own post above treating Admin (s) of coward. That is called in proper English, an "Insult" to the free time countless volunteers are giving to keep sanity in this website. You may want to look into the dictionary the meaning of the word "insult".

Stop name callings. Only people who are short of argument would require insults to make their point.

As to the opinions of non-Ismailis, it does not influence our decision on what posts to keep and which ones to delete. we have also deleted posts by other people you do not like and I have not seen this kind of reaction from you.

Admin
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

You can read your own post above treating Admin (s) of coward. That is called in proper English, an "Insult" to the free time countless volunteers are giving to keep sanity in this website
There is a limit for every think, and my limit was in waiting I have noticed many times that whenever any thread which belongs to 3 caliphs or about Sunny sect you had always deleted it, whether it was posted by me or any other readers, you always deleted!!!!
Let me refresh your memory here:-

Not long ago I posted that 2 first caliphs were ran away in Jang-E_Ohad, this is 100% true even H.Umar confessed that he ran away and climbed on Mountain and hid like a goat , H. Abu Bakar told that he returned 3 days after war was over, many Sunny scholars also agree with this but some how you deleted that interesting post. because two readers from this web site objected it and they both are Anti- Shia .
This is just a sample I have list but forget it....... who care!

Now back to point, I waited and waited almost a decade hoping that you will change in future or at least you will change the forum policy but after almost decade I observed that you have not change, you are same as you were 10 years ago!!
I lost my patience because there is always limit in every thing waiting almost a decade was limit here for me. You may be right in your way and you must be doing as per the rules and regulation for this web site but I have observed it different way, the most your deletion were about Sunny sect, about 3 caliphs or some thing you fear that some one will criticize you!!.

I do not think it is necessary to apologize to you for my comments, however if my apology make you happy then yes 'I am sorry' for my above comments but I will stand whatever I wrote above!! if you not believe this then ask this question to your self and your self will tell you the truth.
You are free to ban my account if you want to, since I do not make money either and whatever I posted here so far is just a voluntary khidmat it is possible that you might not agree with my opinion but as per my thinking it is a truth a "bitter truth' for you and I do not think any body else has courage to tell you the truth openly as I did this time.

And lastly:-

I have learned a lot from this website and from this forum, I really thanks for your devoted time you are giving for this website; May Mowla give you more courage to serve him and jamat even more. Ameen. Good buy.
Whether you ban my account or not!? I will keep visiting this great website on and off and learn even more and more, that is for sure but meanwhile I assume that this is my last post in this forum because of my above comments about you.