Ask Admin

Admin

Post by Admin »

friend1 wrote:Yam to all
Just want to know how to post questions pls reply.
THKS
This message that you posted could have been your question to admin. You can choose any of the Forum subject and either reply to existing question or ask new question in the appropriate section.

Admin
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

Ya Ali Madad,
Will you re-open the topics which were earlier closed by you because of silly arguments of a person, who despite of being banned used to come here making new id every time ?
nagib

Post by nagib »

Please let us know which topic you would like us to open.

Admin
-----------------
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

For example topic Is Hazir Imam God? Which was going well but I think because of that particular person it was closed, you may re-open it if you feel that problem is solved.
razinizar

Post by razinizar »

Admin i Want to Ask You That, Y u deleted the topic
1. How to Control Anger
2. Y We Pray to MHI Instead of praying to God Directly
I have some more Questions to ask
Admin

Post by Admin »

Questions are welcomed. Honestly we can not always remember why a topic was deleted. Sometimes because of abuse, sometime because discussions following have nothing to do with the topic. There may be many reasons. As one can see from the messages, we are VERY tolerant and allow a wide variety of views, some of which would never be allowed in any other Forum.

Admin
star_munir

Post by star_munir »

I agree with admin on this that here there is tolerance and freedom of expression of views.
positive

EID celebrations in different countries, what is Eid etc...

Post by positive »

YAM, Can someone please advise on /about EID (the number of EIDs we celebrate) what each EID represents and how each country celebrates it... especially in East Africa ? Thanks v. much
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin, could you open up the thread on 'Horse Racing' in the Imamat Activities section. I would like to post some articles there. Thanks.
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

Is there any way to prevent lambwithoutspot from posting on the Poll section of the website. He seems to be a lapsed or disaffected Ismaili who has become a Christian? His posts are obnoxious and his blogsite is even worse!
amiralirawji

I just Submitted a New Topic , THE LAST TIME . . .

Post by amiralirawji »

Admin wrote:To reply to the last 2 post of Curious2:

1) We are in the process of debugging the chat server which has just been installed. I tried it a couple of time yesterday and it worked fine but my technician says that names of people who close their browsers without login out is somehow remaining in the list because our server does not know that the person has closed his browser. Same happens with users that block pop-out. So what we are trying to do is just that the server removes from chat list anyone that has been inactive for 15 minutes or so.

2) The Chat server is really good, very easy and flexible. It is also powerful, you can invite a user to chat and you can also block your name by making it busy so no one can disturb you while you are browsing or are gone from your desk for few minutes.

3) There is some functionalities to change password and making your email hidden in "My Profile" under the Left Menu of the main page on ismaili.net

Admin
Admin

Post by Admin »

nashvelshi wrote:Is there any way to prevent lambwithoutspot from posting on the Poll section of the website. He seems to be a lapsed or disaffected Ismaili who has become a Christian? His posts are obnoxious and his blogsite is even worse!
This person [A. Virani] has posted in the past under various aliases in the Forum, guestbook and Poll sections. I means hundreds and hundreds of messages, not only trying to convert people to his ideas but some time using offensive and insulting language that surely even Jesus Christ would have rejected this fellow as his disciple.

But he has some mental problems understanding that he is not welcomed on this web site and he keeps coming like a beggar sometime and at times like a thug that goes into a neighborhood he doesn't like and decides to make a lot of damage, going through each car in the parking and vandalising them. That is the level of his faith and unethical behavious. May God have mercy on him.

We will continue monitoring his activities as we have some safeguard in place that tells us when he comes so we can delete his messages accordingly.

Admin

Our task would be easier if no one would reply to him [that increases the number of messages to delete, and believe me, we delete them everyday, several times a day.
amiralirawji

your reply to my letter 7 march . . .

Post by amiralirawji »

. . . you ha ve&nbsp; told me , to see " My Profile "<BR><BR>under the Left Menu of main page . . .<BR><BR>I dont see it . . . <BR><BR>Please help me , to find it . .. <BR><BR>I am new to P_C , struggling to learn @ local library , self-teach.&nbsp; .&nbsp; .<BR><BR>Yesterday , I started , a NEW TOPIC . . .&nbsp;&nbsp; THE&nbsp; LAST&nbsp; TIME&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; .&nbsp; .&nbsp; .&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; but it mixed-up with&nbsp; strange-alphabetic- letters . .&nbsp; .&nbsp; <BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; SO,&nbsp; I wrote you, what&nbsp; is&nbsp; wrong&nbsp; .&nbsp; .&nbsp; .you have replied me&nbsp; ,&nbsp;&nbsp; but I dont under stand the&nbsp; <BR>&nbsp; tech.-language .&nbsp; Please check-out my&nbsp; Topic&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; THE&nbsp; LAST TIME&nbsp; .&nbsp; .&nbsp; .[&nbsp; you&nbsp;&nbsp;will not&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>&nbsp; be&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; able&nbsp; read&nbsp;&nbsp; it&nbsp; ]<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp; .&nbsp; .<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Some&nbsp; people have&nbsp; seen my&nbsp;&nbsp; Topic ,&nbsp; but as they cannot read it&nbsp; ,&nbsp; cannot&nbsp; reply&nbsp; me , <BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; or&nbsp; to &nbsp;the Form&nbsp; .&nbsp; .&nbsp; .<BR><BR>&nbsp; Please tell me&nbsp; ,&nbsp; shall I&nbsp; re-write it&nbsp;&nbsp; .&nbsp; .&nbsp; and&nbsp; carry o&shy;n&nbsp; with&nbsp; my&nbsp; The Last Time...&nbsp; ''stuff '' <BR>&#92;<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Yors&nbsp; Sincerely&nbsp; ,&nbsp; amirali&nbsp; rawji&nbsp;&nbsp; .&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Khuda&nbsp; Hafiz&nbsp; .
amiralirawji

. . . this is a test . . .

Post by amiralirawji »

.&nbsp; .&nbsp; .&nbsp;&nbsp; to&nbsp; comunicate&nbsp;
raheemhp

Y 2 LOgin 2 times 2 view the forum.

Post by raheemhp »

Bismillahi Rahamanir raheem

Yaa Ali Madad

when i login 2 the site , when i clik to the forum section i m unable to
view the last login date and my online status, i have 2 again login twice
and then i can view , can u plz help me out to the same ,
its not a single time problem , its each and every time.

redgs and thanxs

Rahim Padaniya

Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Make sure your configuration allows cookies from ismaili.net else you will have problems been recognised as logged in member into the site

Admin
nashvelshi

Poll comment sites,

Post by nashvelshi »

Hi,

Is there any reason for removing the comment sites in the poll section? Is it because of [Edited by Admin] or is it something I said?

thanks.
Nash Velshi

It is not about anything you said, it is because of the guy with lots of spots who does not respect any of our values and has a very offensive language and does not understand that his 15 postings of insults a day is not someting acceptable to any web site. Looks like he needs lessons of netiquette but we do not have time for this.

Admin.
GMR

Challenging job to Admin. Staff

Post by GMR »

Challenging job to Admin. Staff

Some hypocrite(s) are trying to malign and disgrace Imam of the Time and Ismaili beliefs with different bogus IDs. I was highly astonished and disturbed to read such blasphemic allegations posted by some hypocite(s). Although there are differences among Ismailis and Muslim Ummah.

But it doesn’t mean that we start blaming and disgracing each others’ beliefs. Today the whole Ummah is remembered and suffered with the un-holly (napaak) name of ‘terrorists’ and a bomb is displayed by Western media o&shy;n the Holy Head of the Prophet Muhammad (May Allah send His special blessings o&shy;n Him and His Progeny, Ameen). This is because of misdeeds of some misled and hypocrites within the Muslim Ummah. Certainly, shame o&shy;n such hypocrites of so-called Muslims, that today, we all Ummah are suffering. Hypocrites you and your masters are hiding in the caves, and your butchers are committing suicides and murdering humanity around the globe. What demonstration these hypocrites are giving to the opponents of Muslim Ummah. Are Westerners are not true in their claims?? What these hypocrites and terrorists are doing in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq and around the globe. Even they are not prepared to spare their own fellow sunni brethren (Barelvi – followers of Ahmed Raza Khan of Rai Bareli of India in a recent bomb attack in Nishtar Park Karachi. There are thousands of thousands of such examples. Inshallah Almighty God would punish such hypocrites o&shy;n this planet and o&shy;n the day of Judgement.

Yes, Imam of the Time is busy in receiving honorary doctorate degrees and serving humanity, irrespective of creed and cast and not issuing instructions to slaughtering humanity. Imam of the Time is doing more than enough services to non-Ismailis compared to his own Jamat. Non-Ismailis are well-paid employees of the Aga Khan Development Network. Al-Hamdullilah, we Ismailis believe and trust in Almighty Allah and we never said Aga Khan is our God. These are your allegations, hypocrites!! We also believe in 124,000 messengers of Allah, Angels, four main scriptures of God and on the day of judgement. And you hypocrites….. only say Allahu Akbar and your deeds….. (Satan would become shameful to watch your mis-deeds).

My request to Admin. To develop a standard format before issuing an ID to a subscriber, in which all personal data would be available. If someone is violating rules and regulations of this site. He/she must be permanently banned from this site.

Mr Mughal Hunza.
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

Good post GMR.

One needs to speak out clearly against these hypocrites, whose actions and sayings affect all of us adversely.
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

Dear Administrator,

In my post of April 17th could you make a correction for me please?

In the last sentence of the first paragraph, the word 'their' should read 'there'. Could you change it for me please?

Thanks.

Nash Velshi
sheri

Post by sheri »

Why not have email verification allowing only email addresses which hold value, like work email addresses, University email addresses, or an ISP email address.
sheri

Post by sheri »

Or give new users access to write on forums after a couple of days they have been active on this site, there must be ways to stop or atleast minimize such abuse.
Admin

Post by Admin »

We have to be carreful not to throw the baby with the bath water. There are 19,000 registered users, probably more then 100,000 counting the unregistered. Putting too many restrictions will affect all of us.

We are however taking care of the offensive messages on a regular basis. It adds to our work but it is always a pleasure to delete anti-ismaili propaganda ;)

In this particular case, the guy is a psycho who we can not really blame since he has lost his mind and dows not know what he is wting and where. Lets have some understanding and tolerance for the mental cases in this world. Even prophet Jesus said to God "forgive them because they do not know what they are doing"

Admin
=======================
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

Thats a good balanced attitude Admin.

I'd like to emphasize the advice you gave me, which is, nobody should respond to his rants and ravings. Just ignore his posts and let Admin delete them.
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

Dear Admin,

Is there any way to correct errors in a post once it has been posted?

Sorry for the trouble but could you please change the word 'thr' to 'the' in the second last sentence of my April 21st post quoting nasir Khusraw.

Thanks.

easynash
nashvelshi

Post by nashvelshi »

Dear Admin,

Regarding the two ginan verses(fri, may 28th, 2006) you left on the 'The link between Science and Religion' thread, could you remove the two verses plus the three posts after that(total of five posts). I am studying the ginan translations more carefully to look for specific verses that are directly relevant to the topic of the thread.

Thanks.

easynash
avmeghani

Guide and Guidance

Post by avmeghani »

<P>YAM Admin<BR><BR>I have written a paper which will help answer lot of questions.If you want I can FAX of Email it to you all to see and read and if you all think it can be posted please do so. Do let me know.<BR><BR>Ashrafali Meghani.</P>[/b][/code][/list]
Admin

Post by Admin »

Please email to heritage@ismaili.net
sumerachagani

Post by sumerachagani »

:wink: hi
i have some waize recorded in my p.c it was the waize of sir abu ali mishneri if some one wants so i can send it ........ :wink:
Admin

Post by Admin »

We will be creating soon a Waez section. mp3 files are welcome provided they are good quality and we know the basic info such as author, place and date.

Also for large files, please do not send by email, contact us at heritage@ismaili.net and we will advise you where to post the CD.

Admin