Ask Admin

agakhani

FOR YOUR INFORMATION (F.Y.I.) TOPIC

Post by agakhani »

Admin,
I noticed that now a days Forum section does not have much activity, it is like dead for long time. Ismaili.Net is very informative website in Ismaili community, I found many healthy discussion in forum section but not any more for some unknown reason.
Here is my suggestion to Admin please add one more topic in forum section: "FOR YOUR INFORMATION" OR IN SHORT 'F.Y.I.' I personally beleive that this new topic will be healpful to bring forum section in live.
I will try to put some information every week.
I know Ismaili.net already have 'DID YOU KNOW' section but in this section readers can not involve in discussion.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Ok section opened. And all interesting short "Did you know" will be added to the database so that it will also appear random on the main page.

The new section is under "Others" first item.

Admin
haroon_adel

Post by haroon_adel »

Admin wrote:Ok section opened. And all interesting short "Did you know" will be added to the database so that it will also appear random on the main page.

The new section is under "Others" first item.

Admin
It seems that the response to suggestions/questions by Admin is somewhat selective. i.e. no response was given to my suggestion here. :-(

http://www.ismaili.net/html/modules.php ... &start=105
agakhani

Just carious

Post by agakhani »

Admin,
I am just carious about one thread which has been deleted recently, IT WAS VERY HOT THREAD AND MANY READERS WERE PARTICIPATING IN IT, GOOD DISCUSSION WAS ALSO GOING ON, THE TOPIC WAS ON "SHIRAZ VIRANI; WHETHER HE IS ISMAILI OR NOT'? I will highly appreciate if you kindly give me reason for that deletion.
Recently he wrote his confession in that thread upon my advice and that confession was fair enough to count him as an Ismaili as per my understanding of his confession.
Admin

Post by Admin »

Forums are for exchanging ideas and information.

They can never be allowed to degenerate into a one person's trial or questioning the way it was done.

Forums will stay for decades and centuries not only here but on search engines such as Yahoo and Google.

I like to see discussion that brings light to subject related to Ismailis and which would be relevant decades from now.

I failed to see how the discussion on the subject/person you have mentioned will benefit the community.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Admin,
Thanks for the decent reply, good to know that you care about the information in which readers can take vantage from it rather then unimportant and not beneficiary hot discussion.
From_Alamut

Post by From_Alamut »

Ya Ali Madad Admin

Ever since I come to this forums, when I go to the topic such as Doctrine discussion, the old message always come first rather then the new one. If you don't mine, can you please make the new message to come first rather than previews to make it easier for us to access the message.

Regard
Admin

Post by Admin »

Check if in the bottom there is not a place where you can set the new message first. I can see it in my page but maybe because I have some special permissions on the page. It is supposed to be in all users page in the bottom as a choice
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

The thread you just locked ' ROYAL WEDDING" and the new link you provided for that are not same, you need to give right thread which take readers on same topic.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Admin bhai......Can I post firmans on social habits given by MHI ??..........If not can I atleast post just a portion of the firman where MHI talks about about social habits ??

thank you
Admin

Post by Admin »

Only a sentence, not more.
shiraz.virani

Post by shiraz.virani »

Mucho Gracias Admin ;)
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin,

Could you change the topic "Nurjehan Mawani, AKDN - Kyrgyz interview"

to: "Institutional Activities in Kyrgyztan".

I think the scope of the thread has expanded since the original post.

Thanks
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin,

Please could you change the following topics because they have broadened in scope since they were initially posted.

!. Current Issues --> Muslim Scholars Increasingly Debate Unholy War

to:

"Issues around the interpretation of faith in Islam"

2. Institutional Activites --> MSDSP 67 projects implemented in GORNO BADAKSHAN /Tajikistan

to:

"Institutional Activities in Tajikistan"

Thanks
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin:

Could you change the topic:

Institutional Activities --> Press Comments on the Sale of the Habib Bank to AKFED

to:

Habib Bank Activities

The scope has changed since the first post..

Thanks
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin

Could you change the post:

Institutional Activities --> 'AGA KHAN ACADEMY' REINSTATES SUPREMACY AT SCIENCE CONGRESS

to

Agakhan Academy. Mombasa

The scope has changed since the first post
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin:

Could you change the title of the thread:

Imamat Activities --> MHI Interview - Jubilee for an imam among equals

To:

Mowlana Hazar Imam Interviews

There are many interviews there now instead of only one.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin:

Could you change the title of the thread:

Imamat Activities --> Hazar Imam known as horse owner

to:

MHI's various activities

This thread has evolved into a wider subject...
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin:

Could you change:

Institutional Activities --> FOCUS Humanitarian Press Release

to FOCUS Humanitarian Activities
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Can you change the name of Institutional Activities --> AGA KHAN ACADEMY to Agakhan Academy, Mombasa. There are two academies now.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Admin,
I just received warning from google chrom that Ismaili.net contain content from www.kbc.co.ke, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
and bla bla bla....
If you understand that visiting this site ( Ismaili.net) may harm your computer, then proceed.

I visited Ismaili.net any way, I don't see any problem so far but I thought I should draw your attentinon in this matter, so I am contacting by this post, does any one else beside me complain about this warning? It is just started yesterday.
The strange think is if you use IE then no warning pop up but if you visit Ismaili.net using Google Chrome then the above warning pop up!!!
Admin

Post by Admin »

KBC is the Kenya official TV station.

I have not have any problem visiting it.

However, it may happen to any website and this is a reason why usually we prefer not to point surgers to outside links.

Nagib
prince_visram

Post by prince_visram »

agakhani wrote:Admin,
I just received warning from google chrom that Ismaili.net contain content from www.kbc.co.ke, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
and bla bla bla....
If you understand that visiting this site ( Ismaili.net) may harm your computer, then proceed.

I visited Ismaili.net any way, I don't see any problem so far but I thought I should draw your attentinon in this matter, so I am contacting by this post, does any one else beside me complain about this warning? It is just started yesterday.
The strange think is if you use IE then no warning pop up but if you visit Ismaili.net using Google Chrome then the above warning pop up!!!
Just for more info on this problem, I am also receiving the error. Ignore it temporarily.

For the admin, this is what it looks like:

http://postimage.org/image/159wad8ck/

It's nothing urgent, and i dont think anything to stress over, but the only concern is it might just slow traffic to this site.. (by chrome users at least)... [/img]
Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks for letting us know. We have removed the link to the site. It was pointing to a nice photo of Hazar Imam opening the Cancer Center last July in Nairobi.
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

click the link below, the link is self explanatory:-
www.kbc.co.ke,

It is not Kenya official TV station brother and if it was then I would not have bother you but it is strict warning from goggle browser, you need to check that link before you boasted as a Kenay TV station by the way this problems looks like solved today.
Admin

Post by Admin »

agakhani wrote:click the link below, the link is self explanatory:-
www.kbc.co.ke,

It is not Kenya official TV station brother and if it was then I would not have bother you but it is strict warning from goggle browser, you need to check that link before you boasted as a Kenay TV station by the way this problems looks like solved today.
I am not sure what you are talking about. The link says Kenya Broadcasting Corporation, I used to watch the news on TV on KBC, I also coordinated meetings for the creation of a Press Club in Kenya with journalists friends from KBC whose web site it is so what exactely are you saying about KBC, that is is not Kenya TV?
agakhani

Post by agakhani »

Admin,
Not a big issue bro, you are correct, now it shows what you are saying but couple days ago it was showing some thing different, now it is fine with me as long as my computer doesn't give me any warning that not to open Ismaili.net websites.

Couple days ago it was giving following warning, please click the link below for more detail, it was clearly showing the name of Ismaili.net and also clearly showing the name of that web site which I mentioned in my above post i.e. www.kbc.co.ke.

http://postimage.org/image/159wad8ck/

By the way, this kind warning doesn't appear any more, that means that this problem has been solved, my only intention was to bring this problems/warning to your attention and not to create a big issue for this small topic.
kmaherali

Post by kmaherali »

Admin:

Could you change the topic:

Contemporary --> Poverty hobbles new Afghanistan

to

Afghanistan

The scope has changed since the first post. Thanks
avrozmaredia

private message

Post by avrozmaredia »

How to check, send and compose private message

When i click on private message -
Private message has been disabled on this board.
Admin

Post by Admin »

We have disabled private messaging because of abuse by outsiders.